Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
BB
V'
paulstreet
TheNeil29
nobby99
Outsider
town supporter
TownUltra
Championship Manager
graham
NOT YOU
Chips97
Harry O
Malcom Marshall
pontifex532
19 posters

Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

nobby99

Boycott Boston !  - Saturday 17th January Empty Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

Post by nobby99 Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Nothing against Boston, I'm sure they are very nice (!). The Weavers aren't going to listen to fans or take notice of this forum or give a toss about results. An empty ground next Saturday would be very embarrassing for them. Maybe we'd need to be proactive and picket the turnstiles for anyone mug enough to turn up. Be good if we had leaflets and got the local media involved.

Personally I'm not going to set foot back in the CNG until that Muppet is gone. Railway are at home next Saturday, if you need your football fix... (and save some money).
    pontifex532

Boycott Boston !  - Saturday 17th January Empty Re: Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

Post by pontifex532 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Me too, I'll be at railway next Saturday.

Boycott Boston !  - Saturday 17th January Empty Re: Boycott Boston ! - Saturday 17th January

Post by Guest Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:17 pm

Do Railway accept Harrogate Town Season Tickets? ;-)
    Malcom Marshall

Post by Malcom Marshall Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:29 pm

I decent way of getting in the media would be for a decent group of 50 or so to go to the railway game all in town shirts, with a Weaver out/ we want our club back banner.
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:24 am

Easy decision for me - already made plans to watch railway. Bringing my old man down and possibly a couple of others too. Seems a bit disrespectful wearing a town shirt or waving a banner around - it's no concern to railway that town have an incompetent manager.
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:52 am

Me too. I will be at Railway
    Chips97

Post by Chips97 Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 am

I'll be at Town supporting the team because I'm literally scared were gonna get relegated now! Cmon Town!
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:55 am

Look forward to seeing you at Railway.Should be a cracking game against Kendall.You will see a team of honest hard working players who are earning very little. When you consider the wage bill for the whole team and managers is less than £400 a week. You will be made very welcome and we know its not the CNG luxury stadium but you should have a enjoyable afternoon. cheers
    NOT YOU

Post by NOT YOU Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:25 am

lol! enjoy the railway match you lot not me lol!
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:44 am

Chips97 wrote:I'll be at Town supporting the team because I'm literally scared were gonna get relegated now! Cmon Town!
    Relegation is more likely with Weaver in charge. With the players we've got we should be pushing for promotion not fighting relegation. I don't blame the players, no problem getting behind them when the Muppet has gone. It would be a big morale boost for them too to see the back of him
    Unfortunately a boycott of next Saturdays game is the only way I can see to force some change. Change is needed NOW.
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:51 am

NOT YOU wrote:lol! enjoy the railway match you lot not me lol!
    Is that you again Craig ?- don't you get in for free anyway !
    I will enjoy the Railway game and watch a side pushing for promotion. There's the prospect of a meeting with a relegated Town later this year, with Weaver still there and still making excuses no doubt. Railway would easily win that fixture at the moment.
    graham

Post by graham Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:12 pm

All fans should stand outside the game at 2.45 next Saturday with banners then go the The Empress and enjoy yourself with a pint. Far more entertaining than watching town trying to get one shot on target.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:09 pm

V - half the reason your wage bill is so low is that half your players are dual registered with Town and you get them for free. Weavers leave, so do half Railway's team.

For me the team need our support. We are 'Town Supporters' we should go and support Town's players and if we have things that we need across we should organise a way to get that across. We go down the Weaver's stay anyway. Staying away doesn't help anything IMO.

Graham I take it you own the Empress? Any deals for Town fans?

Post by Guest Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:24 pm

graham wrote:All fans should stand outside the game at 2.45 next Saturday with banners then go the The Empress and enjoy yourself with a pint. Far more entertaining than watching town trying to get one shot on target.

Are you sure you want all us 'drunken misfits' in there?
    Championship Manager
    Championship Manager

Post by Championship Manager Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:33 pm

TownUltra wrote:V - half the reason your wage bill is so low is that half your players are dual registered with Town and you get them for free. Weavers leave, so do half Railway's team.

Half the players? Yesterdays squad of 16 had 3 players with links to Town, Cartman now solely a Railway player, young Coates on the bench won't be on much anyway and Heath who's always been on non contract terms and seems to be back enjoying his football again.

For all Billy Miller is quick to acknowledge the links with Town i'm sure he wouldn't lose much sleep if Laurel and Hardy left Town!

You'll be telling us next how Simon discovered Messi.............
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:51 pm

Okay yesterday maybe, I don't really pay much attention to your day to day match day squad but add over the season other players such as Metcalfe, Dean, Crook and probably others I'm forgetting this season and others still to be loaned. Are you saying Railway don't benefit from Town helping them with players and you don't want them moving forward? It's a Town B / feeder team. Don't get me wrong I wish Railway every success.
    Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:16 pm

town B/feeder team that you would swap for any day !
    We own our land,can never be bought,self sufficient and have one of the best non league managers about at the minute.
    No need to snipe at us just because your bored of bullying each other and your manager.
    The links between clubs are a boost for both clubs remember one day you may just need us when we could so easily be the only club in town or vice versa.
    Your forum will be in meltdown next season if we meet in the leagues.
    I for one will not gloat as I know success and failure can happen to any of us at anytime
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Outsider- take out the insecurity needles, I was mostly being nice. Not sure if you read the group description- this is the Town Supporters (unofficial!) forum. If I can't have a cheap dig, at some point in an e-mail, about our historic arch-rivals (compliment to Railway) then we may's well all give up and go home.

Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:31 pm

It's just a shame to see town implode
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:56 pm

Yeah I bet you're hating it.
    Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:08 pm

I won't lie the few extra fans we pick up will be a great boost not just in revenue but atmosphere! I promise you'll be hard pushed to find gloating rail fans if you do come down.
    There's not many of us but we're decent people
    town supporter

Post by town supporter Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Outsider wrote:I won't lie the few extra fans we pick up will be a great boost not just in revenue but atmosphere! I promise you'll be hard pushed to find gloating rail fans if you do come down.
    There's not many of us but we're decent people

Well I'll be there - treating my old man to full hospitality too (pie, pint and programme)
    Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:43 pm

Outsider

Post by Outsider Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:44 pm

Good to hear I'm sure you'll be made very welcome
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 am

The fact that the club have organised a q&A for in ONE MONTHS time, for a SELECTED few supporters only, with the Weaver's & McHalfwit - suggest they have no intention of making any radical changes. If they had a plan of action the meeting would be this week with everyone welcome. In a month our fate will probably have already been decided.

Make your views known NOW, starting with a boycott of the game on Saturday. An empty ground is more likely to force a change for the better. We can then get behind the players with a new management team to get us out of this mess.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:00 am