Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Team Selection for the WRCC Final?

Team Selection for the WRCC Final? Empty Team Selection for the WRCC Final?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:51 pm

Our strongest possible first team, or fringe players like Nelthorpe, Crook, Taylor and Jalmal?

Does the team that beat Ossett deserve to start against Eccleshill?

My team for WRCC Final would be:

Crook (GK)

Samuels Killock Brown Merris

Rowe Taylor Woods Sellars

Hardy Worsfold

Subs:

Hall, Jalmal, Nelthorpe, Bolder, Mallory

Too much change for a big final? Perhaps. Thats why I will never be a manager, lol.

Team Selection for the WRCC Final? Empty Re: Team Selection for the WRCC Final?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Yes, I would rest Matt Heath for this one, because he's looking tired and the big man needs a break. Also drop Craig because Crook deserves a final spot after his brilliant performance against Ossett and some games earilier this year, and Craig is beginning to feel the effects of a long season.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Depending on injuries

Crook
    Samuels, Heath, Killock, Merris
    Rowe, Nelthorpe, Woods, Sellars
    Hall, Worsfold

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I want to have trust and faith in Hall and Heath, but feel both had their heads down yesterday when the pressure and play wasnt going our way. Saying that, I can see if playing Hall and he nets a hat trick, that would bring his confidence back up for Leamington?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 pm

Hall needs service which is something which he has not had since Alty. I believe Rowe and Sellars can provide this which will hopefully improve his confidence.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:32 pm

JordanF wrote:Hall needs service which is something which he has not had since Alty. I believe Rowe and Sellars can provide this which will hopefully improve his confidence.

Very Happy  agreed!

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:30 pm

Yet again the team fail to turn up. Full credit to Eccleshill who over the 100 minutes were the better team. Never a penalty in my opinion but deserved to get beat. Don't know who votes for man of the match but Anton Brown?!?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:36 pm

Eccle who?? Are they Sunday league? Ooops glad I didn't go.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 pm

Exactly...team clearly could not be arsed. Think we had one shot on target? Not sure why all subs so early when game seemed to be heading to extra time.
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:42 pm

That must rank as one of the worst games of football i have ever seen in my life, i was thinking that we were lucky they were worse than us but at least they fought for everything and at least looked like they wanted to win it. As for Anton Brown winning man of the match i dont know what match they were watching but i think the ball boys on the far side of the pitch deserved it more at least they were able to pass the ball to one of our players..
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:44 pm

beaten by 8 Americans, Ed White said that Weaver says nothing at Woods when he came off

9:14 Ed White:
    Will Chris Hall be the super sub? He has his the number 14 shirt on and Michael Woods heads off. Hauled off to be fair, Simon Weaver says nothing to him, which is quite telling.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:06 am

ultimate warrior wrote:Michael Woods heads off. Hauled off to be fair, Simon Weaver says nothing to him, which is quite telling.
    I fully expect the squad to fall apart in the summer. 6 or 7 in, 6 or 7 out...and round we go again.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:10 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:Michael Woods heads off. Hauled off to be fair, Simon Weaver says nothing to him, which is quite telling.
    I fully expect the squad to fall apart in the summer. 6 or 7 in, 6 or 7 out...and round we go again.

does that include management Batman?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:11 am

Hopefully those 6-7 want to play for the team, manager and fans. Can think of several who don't at the moment.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:14 am

ultimate warrior wrote:

I'd be surprised. Remember, "8th place would not be considered a failure" to the chairman.

It will be interesting to see what the attitudes towards the manager on here are like in 12 months time if we have a similar season.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:

I'd be surprised. Remember, "8th place would not be considered a failure" to the chairman.

It will be interesting to see what the attitudes towards the manager on here are like in 12 months time if we have a similar season.

what about 9th place the way things are going thats on the cards
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:30 am

That game was the biggest steaming hunk of cack I've had the displeasure to experience since a bad post Shabaz curry house experience in 2010.

You could argue we were unlucky, first half we should have been out of sight, but for me we looked lethargic and directionless from the off. It's not a big trophy and it looked like the players struggled to match the motivation that Eccles had in what seemed to them to be the biggest moments of their lives (says something about their lives).

The abuse that some Eccleshill 'fans' gave Chris Hall as he lay prone obviously seriously injured was disgusting. I hope that they get the karma they deserve for that. I hope he's okay- looked terrible.

It was a laughable penalty, no way in a million years but we should not have been in that situation. 10mins extra time yet he blows straight after the penalty- smells like a fix to me. What a joke.

What's the 8 USA eccleshill player thing going on?

All in all extremely disappointing. At least we have the John Smith Trophy.

The most disappointing thing was that there were droves of Town fans there tonight, not an advert for any recent convert to come back and tell their mates to come.

I knew it was a bad omen when UW died earlier. RIP big guy. Maybe the Town players could sacrifice 20yrs for some roids. They need them at the moment.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:23 am

Ed Woods live blog quotes

7:35 Comment From Brian Haley, Ohio, USA
    The majority of Eccleshill United players will have students from the RIASA academy based in Leeds in their side. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7:40 Comment From Brian Haley, Ohio, USA
    8 Americans in the Eccleshill Team.

9:58 Ed White:
    USA are the chants from the Eccleshill players. Just to reiterate, eight of them come from the States.

says it all really beaten by a load of Americans

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:10 am

For over 100 minutes, Town and Eccleshill played the typical Cup Final match, Underdogs up for it and challenging all the time, the favourites under pressure and too defensive and lacked power up front, and the crowd was a lively, fun atmosphere, I went with friends and we actually genuinely enjoyed the match right up until Chris Hall was injured. Cue some untimely chants from Eccleshill fans, and then, you knew, this was never going to be Towns night. To lose on a last minute of injury time penalty decision that was clearly never a penalty ripped the heart out of the travelling support. Craig again failed to save a penalty and thats a telling flaw in his arsenal.

I was very disappointed in some of the players who didnt seem up for it and lacked pace and power. Some of these players you can tell was holding back, something aint cooking at the moment in the dressing room and Simon needs to figure out why his players are not playing. Whatever has happened since Alty needs to be tackled and soon.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:24 pm

CraigHurle wrote:For over 100 minutes, Town and Eccleshill played the typical Cup Final match, Underdogs up for it and challenging all the time, the favourites under pressure and too defensive and lacked power up front, and the crowd was a lively, fun atmosphere, I went with friends and we actually genuinely enjoyed the match right up until Chris Hall was injured. Cue some untimely chants from Eccleshill fans, and then, you knew, this was never going to be Towns night. To lose on a last minute of injury time penalty decision that was clearly never a penalty ripped the heart out of the travelling support. Craig again failed to save a penalty and thats a telling flaw in his arsenal.

I was very disappointed in some of the players who didnt seem up for it and lacked pace and power. Some of these players you can tell was holding back, something aint cooking at the moment in the dressing room and Simon needs to figure out why his players are not playing. Whatever has happened since Alty needs to be tackled and soon.

It's Simon's job to get the players motivated. If the players don't want to perform then that reflects poorly on the manager.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:56 pm

town supporter wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:For over 100 minutes, Town and Eccleshill played the typical Cup Final match, Underdogs up for it and challenging all the time, the favourites under pressure and too defensive and lacked power up front, and the crowd was a lively, fun atmosphere, I went with friends and we actually genuinely enjoyed the match right up until Chris Hall was injured. Cue some untimely chants from Eccleshill fans, and then, you knew, this was never going to be Towns night. To lose on a last minute of injury time penalty decision that was clearly never a penalty ripped the heart out of the travelling support. Craig again failed to save a penalty and thats a telling flaw in his arsenal.

It's Simon's job to get the players motivated.  If the players don't want to perform then that reflects poorly on the manager.

Agreed.

S.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I think whatever happens next season, we need to build a team around Ash, watching him on Saturday, he was a delight on the ball, determined, eager to keep the play upfront, but he needs service at the back, to help his forward runs. Some lovely touches by Michael Woods, & Adam Bolder, and alot better work from Cleveland Taylor this week too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:11 pm