Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

'Away travel' section - Poll

Poll

Separate 'Away travel section'?

[ 10 ]
    'Away travel' section - Poll Bar_left50%'Away travel' section - Poll Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 10 ]
    'Away travel' section - Poll Bar_left50%'Away travel' section - Poll Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Poll closed
    Admin
    Admin

'Away travel' section - Poll Empty 'Away travel' section - Poll

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:36 pm

This may upset people but seems the fairest way to do it. Now some people have seen what it is like with the separate section.

Voting closes Thur March 20th 11.59pm

TownUltra
    TownUltra

'Away travel' section - Poll Empty Re: 'Away travel' section - Poll

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 pm

Can we have both sides of the argument present their manifestos? Maybe the not bothereds could also set out a cogent logic as to why they don't care as well?

My vote is still to be decided. I could go either way!

COME ON TOWN. UCANDUIT.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:45 pm

Hang on there's no 'not bothered' vote. I thought we lived in a free and democratic borough?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:46 pm

TownUltra wrote:Hang on there's no 'not bothered' vote. I thought we lived in a free and democratic borough?

Indeed. If you are not bothered then just don't vote!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:54 pm

But what if I want to vote that i'm not bothered to make a political statement!

Or maybe we could have a 'floating' away section, that has a sort of free role and makes an impact when it's most needed, like a 'False 9' striker, but with segregated comments about away travel...

Hmm.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Why change something thats working very well and has HELPED the club with increased away support, coaches for fans, and a real strong atmosphere at away grounds. That gets people talking, and when we are all together, behind the goal, cheering on the lads and the manager, singing with our hearts and souls for the team we love, when we can bring our kids and know they will be safe with the best bunch of fans in the League, why change something that simply aint broke? because one person feels the need to moan and admits to not being interested in awaty travel. For me, my son and the away support and those who cant make it. its about showing the team we are here for them and we follow them, home and away and here on the forum.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:00 pm

I have to say im massively for away travel (going this weekend Smile) but i personally would rather it was in a different section... makes it easier to find all the stuff tht way. It is the way that most teams forums have stuff and it makes sence.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Separate section would be best I think.

S.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:24 pm

How do i vote for don't care?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:49 pm

I think it's called abstaining, as there isn't a ballot paper to spoil.

S.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:33 pm

This is better than Eurovision!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:02 pm

Whatever the result, Ged has promisd to keep the FB Group updated etc and everyone knows everyone on the Group, it's just another option [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Will there be a last minute winner?
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:25 pm

JordanF wrote:Will there be a last minute winner?

Could be an anticlimax with a tie!! Maybe we need another poll to vote on what to do in case of a tie?!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am

Why not allow Ged only to just do the expression of interests on the coaches? if any other similar coach topics pop up redirect them to Ged's post, which I feel, has actually helped and increased interest in away travel? if ged is the only one posting about a topic about a coach when its needed to? shouldn't really be a problem?
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:24 am

CraigHurle wrote:Why not allow Ged only to just do the expression of interests on the coaches? if any other similar coach topics pop up redirect them to Ged's post, which I feel, has actually helped and increased interest in away travel? if ged is the only one posting about a topic about a coach when its needed to? shouldn't really be a problem?

seems fair enough to me if its ok with Ged

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:02 am

rangerider wrote:
    CraigHurle wrote:Why not allow Ged only to just do the expression of interests on the coaches? if any other similar coach topics pop up redirect them to Ged's post, which I feel, has actually helped and increased interest in away travel? if ged is the only one posting about a topic about a coach when its needed to? shouldn't really be a problem?

rather than having 3 or 4 different people posting the same things about coaches, which I agree can cause overload and confusion, allow Ged just the one post as and when its needed for a particular expression of interest for the next away games etc I personally will not start any coach talk topics. its got to be time for peace and normality now, its been a fried brainer of a week.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am

rangerider wrote:

Fine with me
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 am

Admin wrote:
    TownUltra wrote:Hang on there's no 'not bothered' vote. I thought we lived in a free and democratic borough?

Morning Admin - given the closeness of the vote why not leave things as they are for this season so as to minimise confusion, and then start a separate travel section from the beginning of next season sunny 

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    Admin wrote:

Morning Admin - given the closeness of the vote why not leave things as they are for this season so as to minimise confusion, and then start a separate travel section from the beginning of next season sunny 

Brilliant Idea Ged! and let's not forget, the Facebook Group is operational too, and getting very active. The FB Group is literally the FB version of the forum, an extension of it if you like. And yes, I'm proud of the fact we have 99% of the people whose travelled on the coaches this year. It's makes it easier for contact, having 2 platforms to use.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 pm