Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
Big Lundy
Up The Town
Innocent Bystander
7 posters

Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad

Innocent Bystander

Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad Empty Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Great news! Well done guys!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Up The Town
    Up The Town

Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad Empty Re: Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad

Post by Up The Town Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:40 pm

And ex town defender jake picton as well
    Big Lundy

Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad Empty Re: Craig, Ashley and Leigh called up to the England C squad

Post by Big Lundy Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 pm

Good news that!!!
     Very Happy 
    Know now’t me, but it might worth a few Bradford  City fans watching the County Cup Final !!!!!!!!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:21 am

Great news...only three  Smile 
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:13 pm

Not sure about this. Is this an England C? The other members of the squad are from places like Darlington, Whitby and Blyth, nobody else from conference level. I hope they don't get injured...

Still I suppose representative honours is always good and i'm sure Town will be using it as a good scouting opportunity.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:22 pm

But the way I look at it is that 3 players from Harrogate Town being called up to the England C Squad? Its obviously speaks volumes for the club, and gets the club name/brand out there, raises awareness of who we are, which will in turn enhance the clubs profile. Only positive things can come out of this.

Well done to the 3 players concerned. Fully deserved.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 pm

TownUltra wrote:Not sure about this. Is this an England C? The other members of the squad are from places like Darlington, Whitby and Blyth, nobody else from conference level. I hope they don't get injured...

Still I suppose representative honours is always good and i'm sure Town will be using it as a good scouting opportunity.

Agree with TownUltra - its not as though Town fans need reminding what good players these 3 are. Not sure when the England C fixtures are scheduled for but lets hope its not just prior to one of our play off fixtures (if we make it). Ash and Leigh have had a few niggling injuries so I do have my reservations about this. Maybe a few Boston type injuries are required!!!
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:52 pm

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 pm

Big Lundy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

shouldn't be an issue then. Good luck to them.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:19 pm

My point is through it's not Eng C it's an FA XI comprised of northern league / evostik north players + the town 3- no other conference / conf north or south players.

If it was Eng C then that would be great. Unless i've misread?
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:49 pm

A bit of confusion!!
    This seems more like it

Post by Guest Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:00 pm

What an absolute waste of time. Bet our 3 lads can hardly wait. I suggest the club makes an excuse for our non participation in this ridiculous non event and rewards the lads for their hard work this season with a week in the sun instead.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Laughing
    To be fair it’s something that can go down on these young players CV!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:26 pm

town supporter wrote:What an absolute waste of time.  Bet our 3 lads can hardly wait. I suggest the club makes an excuse for our non participation in this ridiculous non event and rewards the lads for their hard work this season with a week in the sun instead.

Being positive, rather than cynical, this is a special one - off match to commemorate 125 years of the Northern League (the oldest established league in the country I think) and it's good that our three players have been included. There are some very good players in the two squads and the Northern League is strong and competitive. Good luck to our lads and I hope they enjoy the experience.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:48 pm