Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+5
j2021
TownUltra
trevdee
Innocent Bystander
Big Lundy
9 posters

Gloucester City

Big Lundy

Gloucester City Empty Gloucester City

Post by Big Lundy Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Every club’s fans in this league clock up a few miles on their travels!!!!!
    A big respect though goes to those regular Workington travellers!!!!
     Shocked
    Innocent Bystander

Gloucester City Empty Re: Gloucester City

Post by Innocent Bystander Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:34 pm

A few minutes of squeaky bum time there! But in the first twenty minutes of the second half we were unstoppable. Some great football at times - took time to settle, Gloucester arriving on the back of two wins. Thanks Craig for important saves. I was impressed with Abbott , Woodsie (obviously) and Chris Hall and Cleveland Taylor. Overall - very entertaining game and coongrats to the club on getting more than 1400 there - especially with competing demands of Xmas shopping, a storm brewing and the closure of the hospital car park! Roll on Worcester next week and the big Boxing Day match v Guiseley!

Post by Guest Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:00 pm

Overall, pretty good, decent attendance and good atmosphere in the bar. Craig in goal is different class andsurely won't be long before he's snapped up by a league club. The change of movement that was needed for arguably his best save was simply brilliant.

Outfield Bolder and Woods are the difference and will remain so - if they play well then nothing else really matters. Strange substitutions - couldn't see the point in bringing sellars on. Nowakowski probably should have been brought on sooner given the lack of height in the side. Bloomer was very poor - seems incapable of playing a simple ball to feet.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah good day today, was nice to see a good crowd, and the efforts of the club didn't go unnoticed....My kids really enjoyed it!

Yeah TS that save was out of this world, if that occurred in the premier league it would be talked about for years to come, pure brilliance.

Oh and great to catch up with the top pack at long last...May change a bit as teams catch up with a few games but we are firmly in the mix after a great week so well done town!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:28 pm

. Good win, was a potential banana skin today. Got to keep the positive momentum going now, but it's looking better. TS made a good point about what happens when we next lose, can we get back on the winning track quickly? Fingers crossed.

Difficult but winnable game next week then a massive xmas against Guiseley, that's going to be epic and a tricky away game at Vauxhall.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:51 pm

Thought it was a top game to watch for the bumper crowd at the CNG Stadium and there was definitely a good feeling amongst the supporters.

Thought Weaver played the perfect line-up. If I'm being honest from the squad available. The starting 11 was probably the exact team I'd have picked if I was manager.

Town Supporter, I actually thought the substitutions Simon made, were made well. The substitution of Sellars was a good one, as Hardy had just got a yellow and wasn't worth risking a red card and he also gave us fresh legs on the break. He could've actually scored on 2 occasions. Also, I thought we defended superbly until the corner which we conceded at, then the substitution was made to bring Adam on and it worked well, they didn't threaten from another corner. Harsh criticism of Bloomer as well, he has been a revelation the last month, hasn't made a single mistake and has proven to be a solid defender, certainly gives 100% every game that's for sure.

Couple of players I'd like to pick out, the three obvious, Craig, Bolder and Woods all top class yet again.

But one player that deserves a mention is Abbott, he has improved us massively in the midfield, his passing is precise, comfortable in possession, not afraid to take risks, top effort, really impressing me. Think he is proving to be a cracking loan signing. How long have we got him for?

Keep it going Town,
    Bring on the next game.
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:42 am

First game I've been to in a while and the progress is very clear! Deadly on the counter and the impotency in attack from the Histon game seems to be a distant memory. Reckon we will have picked up a lot of new fans today.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:48 am

At least for the moment, sellars is too lightweight. Nowakowski should have been brought on sooner to close the game out and save Woods for the next game. And giving 100% is no substitute for being incapable. Passing to feet as opposed to the junior terrace really isn't a difficult concept. Am I really being that unreasonable? Pverall tjough, pretty good. Agree that upfront we look a lot brighter. Unfortunate that ash had to come off as he showed some nice touches
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:35 am

Good game, good win... Well done Harrogate Town for a very successful event!

One interesting comment I saw on the Gloucester Forum

Always going to be tough playing a side who can afford Liam Hardy on gates similar to ours.

Is he really on high wages?? I would have thought he would have been one of the lower earners in the team... especially with the likes of Hall, Woods, Craig, Brown ect...

Other the that there fans have been very complimentary of us which is always nice to ee Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:51 am

Steve Mallory needs a mention seen him play twice as a winger but as a centre half was very impressed.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:09 pm

Gareth192001 wrote:Steve Mallory needs a mention seen him play twice as a winger but as a centre half was very impressed.

Agreed. I didn't mention him as I wasn't sure who he was! Looked very assured - impressed.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:11 pm

nztownfan wrote:Good game, good win... Well done Harrogate Town for a very successful event!

One interesting comment I saw on the Gloucester Forum

Always going to be tough playing a side who can afford Liam Hardy on gates similar to ours.

Is he really on high wages?? I would have thought he would have been one of the lower earners in the team... especially with the likes of Hall, Woods, Craig, Brown ect...

Other the that there fans have been very complimentary of us which is always nice to ee Very Happy

Think they must have been confusing liam with our other right sided player!!!!!
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:22 pm

We've now scored more goals in the league than any other team, even with the dry patch...

(albeit Hednesford have 2 games more to play)

Beat Worcester and a good chance of being in the top 5 come next Sat:

3pm AFC Telford United v Brackley Town
    3pm Barrow v Solihull Moors
    3pm Gloucester City v Gainsborough Trinity
    3pm Guiseley v Altrincham
    3pm Histon v Bradford Park Avenue
    3pm Leamington v Workington
    3pm North Ferriby United v Colwyn Bay
    3pm Stalybridge Celtic v Boston United
    3pm Stockport County v Oxford City
    3pm Vauxhall Motors v Hednesford Town
    3pm Worcester City v Harrogate Town

Post by Guest Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Great result yesterday....is that 6 wins from 7 games? Really important that we keep this fine form going. Hopefully this run of form has not come too early.

I have been fortunate to see the last 8 or so games, with the exception of Solihull, and what does worry me slightly is that we have not dominated many of the games. We seem to be really good at dominating teams for 30-40 minutes and during that time we have made our pressure pay by scoring goals however, most games, we seem to spend the last 10 minutes defending for our lives.

A number of people have said that it will be interesting to see how we do after a defeat however we have shown this by winning three games on the bounce after getting beat by Solihull.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:10 pm

I must admit, the teams current form is impressive, especially highlighted by the last 4 games.

As Jordan points out, it is a concern that we only dominate in 30-40 minute spells, and not the whole games. But I'm sure that is something that Simon is well aware of, and will be working on in training.

I'm a satisfied fan at the moment, and I hope the current form continues.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:21 pm

town supporter wrote:Overall, pretty good,  decent attendance and good atmosphere in the bar.  Craig in goal is different class andsurely won't be long before he's snapped up by a league club. The change of movement that was needed for arguably his best save was simply brilliant.  

Outfield Bolder and Woods are the difference and will remain so - if they play well then nothing else really matters.  Strange substitutions - couldn't see the point in bringing sellars on. Nowakowski probably should have been brought on sooner given the lack of height in the side. Bloomer was very poor - seems incapable of playing a simple ball to feet.

Steady on TS - don't start getting carried away affraid affraid affraid 

Just a couple of observations - agree that Michael and Adam are key players but it is a team game and the hope has to be that their form will inspire others to improve. 1st goal was a good example - Woodsy wouldn't have had the chance if Nelly hadn't made a lung bursting run down the left wing to head a pinpoint cross from Liam (I think) right onto Woodsy's foot. There will always be phases of the game where the opposition are in control and gifting 2 goals towards the end of the game is something that we have to learn from if we are to get back into the promotion race proper. We still have a mountain to climb but plenty of Harrogate people went home with a smile on their face after 90 minutes of great entertainment - lets hope for a 600 attendance for the Boxing Day derby.
    ps. you're right about Craig - my son played in the same York City side as David Stockdale. I am absolutely certain Craig has the potential to go every bit as far as David as long as British football gives him the chance - am staggered, but ecstatic,  that nobody has taken the chance on him so far - his time will come  santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Post by Guest Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:19 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    town supporter wrote:Overall, pretty good,  decent attendance and good atmosphere in the bar.  Craig in goal is different class andsurely won't be long before he's snapped up by a league club. The change of movement that was needed for arguably his best save was simply brilliant.  

Outfield Bolder and Woods are the difference and will remain so - if they play well then nothing else really matters.  Strange substitutions - couldn't see the point in bringing sellars on. Nowakowski probably should have been brought on sooner given the lack of height in the side. Bloomer was very poor - seems incapable of playing a simple ball to feet.

Steady on TS - don't start getting carried away affraid affraid affraid 

Just a couple of observations - agree that Michael and Adam are key players but it is a team game and the hope has to be that their form will inspire others to improve. 1st goal was a good example - Woodsy wouldn't have had the chance if Nelly hadn't made a lung bursting run down the left wing to head a pinpoint cross from Liam (I think) right onto Woodsy's foot. There will always be phases of the game where the opposition are in control and gifting 2 goals towards the end of the game is something that we have to learn from if we are to get back into the promotion race proper. We still have a mountain to climb but plenty of Harrogate people went home with a smile on their face after 90 minutes of great entertainment - lets hope for a 600 attendance for the Boxing Day derby.
    ps. you're right about Craig - my son played in the same York City side as David Stockdale. I am absolutely certain Craig has the potential to go every bit as far as David as long as British football gives him the chance - am staggered, but ecstatic,  that nobody has taken the chance on him so far - his time will come  santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa

Honesty needs no approval.

Regarding Craig I can only assume he hasn't been snapped up sooner as he's not particularly tall for a keeper. Ridiculous I know but I help out with local under 15s - we're lucky to have one of the best keepers in the Harrogate area. Not surprisingly he secured a trial at a league club only to be turned away and told to come back when he's grown a few inches. Incredible but emphasis is perhaps far too great on height at the expense of ability
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:19 pm