Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
paulstreet
Big Red Machine
j2021
pie and chips
8 posters

O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2

O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2 Empty O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:37 pm

Game of the season versus team of the season,save of the season, strike of the season, atmosphere of the season,wrestling match of the season,penalty claim of the season,poorest ref of the season, post match interview of the season, signings of the season.

Still waiting for my first pie of the season.

S.
    pie and chips

O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2 Empty Re: O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2

Post by pie and chips Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 pm

What a game! Apart from the football, we had all-in wrestling,(Benjamin must be fit, to carry one of their players around for most of the game!), pantomime..........thanks, ref, auditions for Aladdin are now closed.
    Can't wait for next week!
    Slicker...............I'll buy the pies!
    j2021

O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2 Empty Re: O ye of little faith - Leaders 2 Harrowingate 2

Post by j2021 Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 pm

TREVOR BENJAMIN!!!!!!!!!!

What a great performance from every single player on that pitch 2day.
    Well lets start with the keeper what a bloody save from that header in the 1st half !!! He looks quality..
    Left back chapman looked solid did everything he had to deal with very well,

Right back simon harrison looked quality he is very assured always gives 100 percent and almost scored a stunner,

Centre backs they looked a touch of klass weaver looked very good won everything in the air and looked good and well bloomer is a class apart he never lets anyone get past him a great performer.

Left mid, mctiernan looked good itn what was a weird position for him he took his goal well and was defending well too good game from him.

Right mid, Jamie Harwood this was the only position that looked abit dodgy mainly because he looked really unfit im sure if he gets a few games under his belt he will come good.

Centre Mids, looke dvery solid went about there business very well, thought dunning had a good maybe looked a bit unfit at times but he hasnt played much for 3 months, Woodhouse looked solid got stuck in very well never back out of a challenege and set upa great counter attack.

Strikers, Ollie ryan looked a great handful up front got stuck in well and looked definately good enough to start the next game.
    TREVOR BENJAMIN!!! I thought he had a good game looked a bit unfit and needs to work on that but when he got the ball he looked a different klass he held the ball up superbly throughout the game even with that defender fouling him every chance he got. And well the free-kick just topped off a good agme for him. i give him MOTM!!!

Subs came on and did very well especially burrell i thought he made a difference when he came on and gave us a bit of pace and width.maloney held the ball up well a couple of time and emms had a nice run.

I thought the assistant tom wade sounded very professional on the bench and i think made a good difference to the morale of the player shouting words of encouragement all the time the other coahc on the bench was also very vocal and gave great encouragement...
    WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!! Cmon town this could be the turning point of out season!!!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 am

It seems that the improvement continues! A good performance from the lads continuing on from the match against Northwich.

Jameson pulled off some fantatic saves, he seems to have excellent reflexes (which is always good for a keeper!)

Thought Dave took his goal really well, a lovely finish past Howarth from the left wing. Ollie Ryan's yellow card for "simulation" was a joke, I was level with him and as he had knocked the ball past the defender and was running past him onto it, the defender took his trailing foot out! Referee certainly got that one (and many more!) wrong although he did get the Jamie Harwood drag down right as they both had handful of each other shirts! We had a referee's assessor in the main stand so was it a case of being to "on the ball" by the man in black?

As a side, I have heard that the WWE have offered Trevor a contract after showing some good wrestling moves in order to get rid of the defender who constantly decided to hitch a ride on him!

Some very good performances out there, especially Bloomer (as ever - what more can be said!), Weaver (who blocked at least five shots by throwing himself in front of them), Chapman (certainly makes up in tenaicity for what he lacks in height - what a bulldog!)and Dunning (simple passes but very effective and broke down a lot of there midfield moves)

Ollie Ryan also did well and deserves to start the next match in my opinion.

Overall we probably had a slice of luck to get the draw, they certainly had the majority of the chances and made us work hard, but the pleasing thing was that we did work harder and not give in, we took our chances (although I would have loved to see taht 30 yard shot by Simon Harrison nestle in the back of the net - that would have been spectacular!)

Roll on Alfreton and let the revival continue (I hope!)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:47 am

Can't disagree with any of this, a vastly improved performance, all the new lads made a real contribution (amazing saves by Jameson, stunning strike by Benjamin), and everyone else made a real contribution - no passengers on the pitch. I have to hold my hand up as well and say that Weaver played extremely well, and maybe now with Wade on the bench, it won't be so vital that he doesn't play. Like everyone else can't wait for Saturday, should be a real test: Alfreton will be good, but not as good as Droylsden (what a team, played some lovely football!), so should test out our improvement. Clayton and Hearn will be a handful. Wonder what Weaver will do now that Rory Coleman is back? I t will be hard to change Saturday's starting XI, they all deserve a chance to start: maybe on the bench or in place of Harwood?
    I guess we shouldn't get carried away, Droylsden could have been 4-1 ahead at half term, but it was about a 200% improvement from that dreadful day at BPA. Great atmosphere (at least in the stand!) as well.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:57 am

Rory Coleman back ???.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah, apparently, Rory Colemans' loan period has been extended 'until further notice' according to the programme.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Good news.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:03 pm

If he stops being so petulant, kicking out and doing what he is told from the sideline, then yes. It will be good for the team.
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm

If Rorys staying then bes back in contention for saturday as i think it was a 3 match ban which he has done now?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 pm

Yep, Rory is in contention for Saturday as the Droylsden match was his last one! Will he get back in the team however!
    upthetown

Post by upthetown Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:45 pm

great game saturday pleased with the efforts by all the players but now rory is back im confident of gettin a few back to back wins, he will go straight back into the side without a doubt we are lucky to have him stil joint top scorer after 5 games and loads of assists, his quality is too good for this level and i predict him to go on to big things.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:13 am