Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
Dark Knight
TheNeil29
6 posters

Hardly surprising

Hardly surprising Empty Hardly surprising

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:50 am

I remember when the club admin post was advertised and quite frankly I couldn't believe how little the club was prepared to pay for what seemed like a very responsible job. Appearrd little more than the minimum wage. To expect the post holder to then start processing players' contracts, players' registrations etc is therefore ridiculous.

Its quite obvious who the person in question is and I do feel the club could have done more to protect that persons identity by removing the link or statement between the points deduction and the club secretary's resignation. Not interested in the clubs reasoning behind this one as it can be done believe me.
    It would also have been good to have one of the directors or senior members of staff make a statement to take the sting out if the situation.
    TheNeil29

Hardly surprising Empty Re: Hardly surprising

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:00 am

I'm available, for the right wage Very Happy 
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 am

I don't know if the club is planning to say anything else on the subject but I have to say I find the lack of remorse shown thus far somewhat disconcerting. Essentially we've lost 6 points this season due to a clerical error and not having a goalkeeper on the subs bench. People would be a lot more forgiving if the club came out and said sorry, we fucked up, it won't happen again.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 am

Well that's that sorted then Suspect 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:20 am

Dark Knight wrote:Well that's that sorted then  Suspect 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    what do you think the chances are that he's on the same wages as the previous postholder?

Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am

town supporter wrote:
    what do you think the chances are that he's on the same wages as the previous postholder?

Are you suggesting that he doesn't seem like the kind of guy happy to work for £6.31 an hour? silent 

Laughing 

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:10 am

I'm suspecting not, but I shouldn't say anymore as I suspect I'm already enhancing my reputation as a so called trouble maker! Shame on me!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:23 am

What are they going to do if he messes up with player registrations?? Sack him too?

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:29 am

Where's Alan Williams when you need him eh?!!!!
    Martin L

Post by Martin L Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:33 am

Alan is running around with tasty middle aged female polo players !!!!!!!!!

losing 3 points by an admin error or not having a keeper on the bench, whats the difference ?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes, interesting that Charlie was appointed as Admin assistant and then was described in the programme as Secretary...hope she got a pay rise! Some acknowledgement from the club about the great work Charlie did (for little money) would be appreciated, but I'm not holding my breath. I think she may become a 'non-person' (in classic Soviet style) as far as the club is concerned. Shame on them.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:34 pm

Martin L wrote:Alan is running around with tasty middle aged female polo players !!!!!!!!!

losing 3 points by an admin error or not having a keeper on the bench, whats the difference ?
    The way I look at it now is that we have lost 6 points, because of an Admin 'oversight' and not having a Sub GK on the bench. If we had a sub GK on the bench, we would have beat Stalybridge. Take both issues away, and then look at the table, and add 6 points. It would put us into 7th and 3 points outside the playoffs.

So these errors have in essence, cost us 5 league places, and it is not acceptable.

All being said, the club really needs to get a grip on sorting itself out, and the squad need to start grinding out results.

Hopefully the appointment of Mike Bligh will steady the Admin Ship, and Simon starts getting results, starting with Colwyn Bay.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:44 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:The way I look at it now is that we have lost 6 points, because of an Admin 'oversight' and not having a Sub GK on the bench. If we had a sub GK on the bench, we would have beat Stalybridge. Take both issues away, and then look at the table, and add 6 points. It would put us into 7th and 3 points outside the playoffs.

So these errors have in essence, cost us 5 league places, and it is not acceptable.

All being said, the club really needs to get a grip on sorting itself out, and the squad need to start grinding out results.

Hopefully the appointment of Mike Bligh will steady the Admin Ship, and Simon starts getting results, starting with Colwyn Bay.
    If you think about it, when you stack everything up, realistically we could and should be 10 or 11 points better off this season, quite easily in fact. And yet some people on here are championing what a fantastic job everyone at the club is doing. Ultimately we've been the architects of our own downfall so far. That might pinch with a few people but I'm afraid it's the truth.
    V'
    V'

Post by V' Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

An absolute joke, this club is meant to semi pro bordering on pro, from the outside its amateurish and becoming a laughing stock, bring on the clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!Laughing 
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 pm

V' wrote:An absolute joke, this club is meant to semi pro bordering on pro, from the outside its  amateurish and becoming a laughing stock, bring on the clowns!!!!!!!!!!!!Laughing 
    becoming lol it already is
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

Cue the Benny Hill music now...
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Cue the Benny Hill music now...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content