Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

4 posters

NEW Ground news.

sulphurite
    sulphurite

NEW Ground news. Empty NEW Ground news.

Post by sulphurite Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:38 pm

Copied from the official site, this does sound really positive:

As is well known to followers of Harrogate Town, the club has been looking to relocate from Wetherby Road for a long period of time.

Relocation from our current ground is essential for the future growth of the club, and our ambitions to move up the football pyramid.

Due to the delicate and confidential nature of negotiations, it has unfortunately not always been possible to keep supporters fully up to date with the latest developments. However, we can now share the current situation with our supporters.

We have been involved in detailed discussions with both Harrogate Borough Council and Harrogate Rugby Club regarding the future of the Rugby Club's current home at Claro Road over a period of many months.

The Rugby Club must vacate the Claro Road site in December of this year under the terms of their sale of the ground to Crest Homes in 1999. The discussions that took place were with a view to a purchase of the ground from Crest Homes. It was anticipated that there would be a joint future use of the site by both the Football and Rugby clubs. We believed that we were very close to reaching agreement.

On 16 August 2009, the local Harrogate press ran reports that the Rugby Club is now seeking to obtain a loan to make a unilateral purchase of the site from Crest Homes.

Harrogate Town Football Club can now confirm they we will in due course make a counter-bid to Crest Homes of any offer made by the Rugby Club. We can also confirm that unlike the Rugby Club, we already have the funds in place to purchase Claro Road.

When it is possible to release any further information, we will endeavour to ensure that our supporters are the first to know
    Dog With A Bone
    Dog With A Bone

NEW Ground news. Empty Re: NEW Ground news.

Post by Dog With A Bone Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:45 pm

Very interesting - glad to hear some news on it!! Be interested to know when the lease expires for Wetherby Road?
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:15 am

Dog With A Bone wrote:Very interesting - glad to hear some news on it!! Be interested to know when the lease expires for Wetherby Road?

What is interesting, is the fact that over the past few years we have tried to work with the egg chasers to help come up with a plan to ground share which would solve both clubs problems and now they seem to think they can get a "soft" loan to buy the ground back off Crest Homes, they don't have the finances in place and we do, serves them right if we outbid them.

COME ON TOWN, GOOD LUCK AGAINST SOUTHPORT
    CLUBTOWNFAN

Post by CLUBTOWNFAN Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:34 am

Up until now the Rugby club was still banking on somewhere else to play + stood to get a lot of money if planning permission was granted so it is obvious why they did not want the ground share. It's been the same situation for the last 10 years. Rolling Eyes
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:25 pm

Im guessing the money we have in place will be from the sale of the land Wetherby Road is currently on, and thats what we have the funds and the Rugby club dont? I say this because surely if we have £1M+ in our coffers then putting the whole of the squad on the transfer list in January seems a bit strange now.

I trust the board though, maybe they have seperate funds for the playing squad and then funds for the purchase of new grounds for a stadium.

Hope to hear something again soon about whats going on, but whatever happens in the next few months, idea of getting spanking new stadium very exciting.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:43 pm

TheTown wrote:Im guessing the money we have in place will be from the sale of the land Wetherby Road is currently on, and thats what we have the funds and the Rugby club dont? I say this because surely if we have £1M+ in our coffers then putting the whole of the squad on the transfer list in January seems a bit strange now.

I trust the board though, maybe they have seperate funds for the playing squad and then funds for the purchase of new grounds for a stadium.

Hope to hear something again soon about whats going on, but whatever happens in the next few months, idea of getting spanking new stadium very exciting.

From what I understand, we don't own Wetherby Rd just rent from the council, therefore any funds we have would be from elsewhere, it could be loans already in place or personal finances from the the board but I don't care just as long as it's available when the time comes.

I would also think that funds for expansion would have to be separate from any playing budget, with the acquisition of a new stadium bringing further sponsorship and other income streams, I think anyway.

Onwards and upwards, hopefully.
    CLUBTOWNFAN

Post by CLUBTOWNFAN Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:00 pm

Yes we only lease from the council, so funding already in place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:04 am