Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

It's a funny old game to watch

Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

It's a funny old game to watch Empty It's a funny old game to watch

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:35 pm

The crowd of 301 on Tuesday against Gloucester was our second highest midweek home gate of the season. Altrincham, our first home game of the season being the highest.

I didn't go. Decided not to after the debacle on Saturday. According to what's been posted on here, neither did quite a few other boardsters which if projected across the "normal" run of fans should have resulted in a severe drop in attendance. Freebies against Colwyn Bay and Bishops Stortford didn't beat the figure.

I'm just wondering why?
    rangerider
    rangerider

It's a funny old game to watch Empty Re: It's a funny old game to watch

Post by rangerider Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:47 pm

i think the last five results at home might have something to do with it, but i could be wrong
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:19 pm

I believe it was also the fact that these fixtures were on a Tuesday evening, and the majority of adults didnt want their younger kids, standing on a freezing touchline until 10pm. That would have had a dramatic effect on the attendance in my opinion.

If the club are going to do the free ticket offer again. Do it for a Saturday game, or if it is going to be midweek, times when children are off school (i.e Christams or Easter time holidays) and also try and make it a fixture we fancy our chances to win, or against one of the top guns in the division where we would get a decent crowd anyway. That would bring a lot more revenue in, and I have no commercial OR business experience. My logic is simple common sense.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:00 pm

we always seem to play on a Tuesday when theres a top match on free tv that does not help, and we did not replace our best goalscorers Mad
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Yes, losing Knowles and Platt was a big blow, and although we didnt replace them. The likes of Larkin and Woods should be ready made replacements, my only concern being that Larkin isn't the most prolific goalscorer, and Woods just needs a run of games, to build up his match fitness and confidence.

If these 2 start performing to the level that Tom and Dominic did, then I do think our results would stop being so erratic. The squad just needs to start believing that they can do it, and also have the mental belief that they are better than the other team.

There is always going to be a level of criticism on the forum if the club loses, when the fans feel it is a winnable game, or when certain players have a bad game, or a run of bad form, as a lot of forum posters will spot different things during the game, and it affects people in many ways, some more than others.

Those players that are affected by the comments on the forum, just stay strong and prove them wrong, including me. I'd be the first person to apologise to a player, if I am proved wrong.

Onwards and Upwards.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:48 pm

Probably a mixture of pitch problems, performances and rants on here....

If we hadn't had the pitch problems this year I think the gates may have been slightly higher but there is deffiantly an opportunity to get the gates higher next season.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

I was there last night ... usual spot when in Harrogate ... in between the two dug outs. 10 mins before KO I estimated the crowd at 175 so pleasing that quite a few came in at the last moment to lift to 300. Gloucester got 600 last week on a "pay what you can" basis!

Once again Town started really well, go the early goal but couldn't put the match to bed despite Chib working some good chances. Inevitable that holding and then hanging on at 1-0 was tough to watch ... but three points and Town are still there .... the disintegration of Saturday replaced with a steely resolve and togetherness - that much at least was apparent. Hope we get a fresh programme for the Halifax match and not the £2 for the original Jan fixture that met people as they came through the turnstiles, that really was a bit off key and out of keeping with what the club ought to be providing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 am