Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Team News Vs. Histon FC

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Team News Vs. Histon FC Empty Team News Vs. Histon FC

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:24 am

Team
    1 MacGillivray
    2 Samuels
    3 Merris
    4 Bolder
    5 Bloomer
    6 Killock
    7 Platt
    8 Nowakowski
    9 Knowles
    10 Woods
    11 Forrest

Subs
    12 Bolland
    14 Chilaka
    15 Elam
    16 Dean
    17 Radcliffe

However Jonny Allan is doubtful and Several others need late fitness checks.... Furthermore Alan White is still suspended

This is highlights of Histon's last game vs Oxford... they seem to play a similar style to us... (BTW there pitch is also alot worse so i hope Worcester fans dont have to go there...)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

good luck boys...

UP THE TOWN cheers

Last edited by nztownfan on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Team News Vs. Histon FC Empty Re: Team News Vs. Histon FC

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:01 pm

from there forum

"Harrogate play on a pitch akin to that of a swamp unless their resurfacing has finally allowed the ploughed feel to resemble a football pitch (As of a couple of weeks ago it hadn't)
    Fully expect to see nothing but the ball in the air."

What an idiot Shocked Laughing .... gald to see our fellow league fans think highly of us

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:23 pm

From updates on their forum it looks like they were looking for excuses before, during and after this game. Wasn't at the game, don't know the ins and outs but if teams are going to whine about the pitch, not adapt to the conditions and lose I could not care less! Really feels like the Harrogate Town machine is in full force now! Roll on Colwyn Bay!!! Very Happy
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:28 pm

Well updated the teams Laughing ..was going to at the match but my phone ran out of charge Mad

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:09 pm

nztownfan wrote:from there forum

"Harrogate play on a pitch akin to that of a swamp unless their resurfacing has finally allowed the ploughed feel to resemble a football pitch (As of a couple of weeks ago it hadn't)
    Fully expect to see nothing but the ball in the air."

What an idiot Shocked Laughing .... gald to see our fellow league fans think highly of us

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You should read it now !

Apparently they were beaten by the pitch and we were playing "hoofball"

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

haha the southern fairies!

For all their lovely football they had nothing up front....I would rather hoof and win any day of the week!

Post by Guest Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Funny how his match updates neglect to mention the open goal missed by Elam as well as the other chances.

We didn't get into top gear, didn't need to and for all the pretty stuff (which we played as well) it was men against boys.

I seem to remember we were like that a couple of years ago. If you can't remember their strikers (which I can't) then that says a lot.

Yes they had some chances but most were actually from "hoofball" set pieces and when we gave away a few too many silly free kicks which they launched. Both our goals were top quality and they never looked like they anybody with a key to unlock our door. Thought Bloomer had a good game.

One final point, why do we announce the man of the match before the end of the game ? I know we are not the only ones that do it but surely we can wait 5 or 10 minutes. Most of us are still in our seats at the final whistle so it's not as though we will miss it. Even more dangerous to name your keeper before the end, sounds like the kiss of death to me.

S.
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:26 pm

Pleasant is the word i used today.... Pleasant weather, Pleasant food and most impotently Pleasant football i didn't feel like we were going to lose from that first goal to the end of the game, no nerves but not exciting end to end football either... Very nice Smile

BTW how Dave Merris didn't get MOTM i will never know

However one thing really wound me up.... there physio at the end Evil or Very Mad absolute C*** after the game finished he went over to our goal and stamped a little (this caught my attention) and then proceeded to tip all the excess water out of the team water bottles onto the pitch in the soggiest part of the penalty box.... at the end there was a clear puddle then he walked off quickly...clearly didn't take losing very well

Bitter S*** Evil or Very Mad
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Yep I am trying to think of a phrase to sum up their football.

It was defiantly men vs boys and if you can't battle in this league you struggle (they are struggling so about right)..There was no substance or no end product to their game so it was a bit like buying a 3D tele but deciding not to bother wearing the glasses to watch it.

We didn't get out of 2nd gear, no need really with the week ahead..it was clear we set out just to sit back after taking a 2-0 lead.

As for the physio - de dums! (someone needs to send him one of those huge dummies to comfort him)
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:57 pm

I was behind both dugouts and it was great to see and hear how the HIston bench had fully embraced the RESPECT campaign affraid :affraid

However by way of balance, their Directors were extremely sporting and were impressed with the way they had been looked after so let's call it a draw sunny
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:27 am

They played some nice football, but I was never really worried about the result after the second goal went in (unlike Tuesday). I'd have given man of the match to Forrest, superb in the first half. Craig did OK, but I don't recall hm having to make too many important saves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:21 am