Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
nobby99
nztownfan
6 posters

Halifax Game OFF!!!

nztownfan
    nztownfan

Halifax Game OFF!!! Empty Halifax Game OFF!!!

Post by nztownfan Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:14 pm

FC Halifax Town‏@FCHTOnline

FC Halifax Town's game with Harrogate Town is OFF due too a waterlogged pitch.

Please let everyone you can know....
    nobby99

Halifax Game OFF!!! Empty Re: Halifax Game OFF!!!

Post by nobby99 Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:08 pm

errr a little a bit late, no dramatic rainfall today either.

Clowns. They should take lessons from us on how to properly postpone a match.

We're just about getting to the situation of 3 games a week.....

More Snow and rain tomorrow. I'm going to break into Wetherby Rd tonight and put the covers since no one at the club has the sense to.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:09 pm

Useless useless useless clowns at Halifax....We found out a couple of mins before arriving at the ground....They knew what the pitch was like earlier in the day they should have called a pitch inspection first thing!

The pitch has been relayed in parts, they probably have to let the pitch breath.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 pm

Haha the good news about tonight is both Guiseley and Alty are losing...Lets hope it stays that way!
    Harry O

Post by Harry O Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 am

Terrible communications from Halifax last night. I found out by a phone call from a friend just as i was entering Halifax. Another game to catch up now. When will it all end ?

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:17 am

Sounds like Aspin is playing mind games. Round 1 to Halifax! In all seriousness, I trust the club will be making sure its adequately compensated. Hard to believe there's a club with a pitch as bad as ours. They need to develop sand slitting or whatever its called!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:57 am

nobby99 wrote:errr a little a bit late, no dramatic rainfall today either.

More Snow and rain tomorrow. I'm going to break into Wetherby Rd tonight and put the covers since no one at the club has the sense to.

Whatever you do don't lose that sense of humour - of course everyone at the wants games to be postponed Rolling Eyes have already covered this in a previous post affraid
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    nobby99 wrote:errr a little a bit late, no dramatic rainfall today either.

Whatever you do don't lose that sense of humour - of course everyone at the wants games to be postponed Rolling Eyes have already covered this in a previous post affraid
    Nobby, my garden will need re-doing in the summer. Please make sure you DO NOT quote for the work.

I notice from the pictures on the Hafilaxative site that they appear to have had the covers on. Probably didn't allow air circulation so the pitch didn't dry - or Nobby was deliberately sabotaging their pitch.

From their site, it looks like the guys running the website were as p'd off as we were.

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the bit about the Halifax website)
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:51 am

I'm sure the pitch is enjoying its 'airing' today... I'm already making other plans for Saturday. I hope its not the same idiots who originally knackered our pitch now advising us now not to use the covers.

Top tip - when it snows or rains, put the covers on. When it stops take them off for the pitch to 'breathe'. I really should charge a consultancy fee for this expert advice.

Still, next week its the Canary Islands for me where I condifidently predict I won't have to worry about such things, and where the games are always on. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:14 pm