Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
James/Bal
JackHTFC
6 posters

Tom Platt to Halifax?!

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Tom Platt to Halifax?! Empty Tom Platt to Halifax?!

Post by JackHTFC Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 pm

Just seen this come up on my twitter :O

Mad Sad
    James/Bal

Tom Platt to Halifax?! Empty Re: Tom Platt to Halifax?!

Post by James/Bal Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Jack- must have seen it at the same time!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Ok so he was good, great at times but I wouldn't say enough to make us a league winner.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 pm

I'm not a big lover of loan players, much rather have fully committed and fully signed players any day of the week.
    htown

Post by htown Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 pm

I can't understand why he would sign for Halifax considering he is probably based in York making Harrogate ideal and also being at the same level it does seem somewhat strange. The only thing i can think of is that Simon didn't want him back or that he fancied a change and didn't to come back to Harrogate. Abit confused.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 pm

After a 3 month loan period then recalled you can’t return to the same club on loan!!!

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:40 pm

But surely HTFC could have applied to extend the loan to the end of the season? I'm sue it's 8 short term loans, and 4 long term loans, per club, per season?
    htown

Post by htown Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 pm

Fair play, i didn't know the rule Big Lundy posted my bad great player though.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Any extension to the loan was York's and or the player's call

Post by Guest Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 pm

htown wrote:I can't understand why he would sign for Halifax considering he is probably based in York making Harrogate ideal and also being at the same level it does seem somewhat strange. The only thing i can think of is that Simon didn't want him back or that he fancied a change and didn't to come back to Harrogate. Abit confused.

Harrogate would only be ideal if we actually played any games in harrogate. The club should start scouting south yorkshire based players.

Tom Platt to Halifax?! Empty Well said

Post by Guest Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 pm

town supporter wrote:
    htown wrote:I can't understand why he would sign for Halifax considering he is probably based in York making Harrogate ideal and also being at the same level it does seem somewhat strange. The only thing i can think of is that Simon didn't want him back or that he fancied a change and didn't to come back to Harrogate. Abit confused.

Harrogate would only be ideal if we actually played any games in harrogate. The club should start scouting south yorkshire based players.

Imagine that the boss does not want good players and the chairman secrets himself in to the ground under the dark of night to water it
    such fun
    htown

Post by htown Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 pm

I assume your comment is a dig at my point. Just because you think Tom Platt is a good player doesn't mean everybody does. I personally do but Simon may not so who are you to make a poor sarcastic comment? If where being picky then why start a thread saying new manager? In respects to football Simon is not a 'new manager' and has in fact been with the club a substantial period. I'll leave it at that but please don't try and be clever.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:47 pm

translator wrote:
    town supporter wrote:

Imagine that the boss does not want good players and the chairman secrets himself in to the ground under the dark of night to water it
    such fun

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

If you are going to come out with silly comments, do it elsewhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:57 am