Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

some points of clarification, mr maloney

some points of clarification, mr maloney Empty some points of clarification, mr maloney

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

You have a short memory Mr Maloney. Not so long ago I arranged free radio advertising on tempo fm, so if you're trying to imply that I'm not a true supporter then you are very much mistaken. I arranged for 2 first time supporters to attend the hinckley game. If all supporters had done this then we'd be looking at a much bigger attendance than the fairly average one achieved. I've supported the club since 1988, long before I believe you have done, I undertook my first work experience with alf dunnington and geoff butler, painting goalposts, tidying up the ground etc.

At no point have I criticised all the work undrtaken around the ground thanks to the efforts of Irving. What I object to is him not having the balls to appoint a manager who knows what he's doing. He's incapable and out of his depthand that's all there is to it. Do not compare him to john deacey as the budgets available are very different. Simon is operating with pretty much an open chequebook and can ask daddy for more pocket money whenever he chooses and john deacey cannot! I wouldn't expect you to know much about john deacey though as I don't recall you been a supporter in the late 80's like I was. Aren't you a very much jump on the bandwagon type supporter like many others on here?

And its a low blow to if you're trying to poke fun of knaresborough which operates extremely well, is very well managed, the manager there didn't get the job due to the amount of money he could bring to the club as is the case at harrogate town. And whilst Irving does his best getting the pitch ready, knaresborough just get on with it and play - no sign of sand slitting or whatever it is.

Anyway, I thought I deserved the right of reply, as you were clearly incorrect with some of your misguided assumptions about me. I think at the very least you owe me an apology. Before long Irving and Simon and imagine yourself will all leave the club. I will still be here - just remember that.

Well that really is my final post, I've addressed the false assumptions made and will continue my opposition to simon weaver as manager as that is what I believe is best for the club.

Always a town supporter.
    pie and chips

some points of clarification, mr maloney Empty Re: some points of clarification, mr maloney

Post by pie and chips Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:45 am

We may disagree on many things, but I will defend your right to say what you feel. The only problem I have with some of your posts is that they have - in my opinion - verged on personal denigration of the Weaver family, rather than legitimate criticism of the Manager or players. I do not doubt your commitment to the Club, so why not carry on ,but perhaps with a little moderation of tone.
    Nothing personal!! Sad

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:48 am