Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+12
BB
TooManyPies
HTAFC Press Officer
paulstreet
Innocent Bystander
TFP
pollockking
Dan_Gleebitz
trevdee
JackHTFC
crowbar6753
Ball and Socket
16 posters

FA Cup Draw

Ball and Socket

FA Cup Draw Empty FA Cup Draw

Post by Ball and Socket Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Draw tomorrow. Who do you fancy? Our away form is fantastic and we beat the league leaders Brackley 6-1 at home recently. Keep up the great work lads and keep this set of players playing for each other. Simon has a team now that has set a high standard apart from a bit of history at the club. Will be glued to the box tomorrow!!
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

FA Cup Draw Empty Re: FA Cup Draw

Post by crowbar6753 Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:43 pm

York City at home please if they make it through, they should bring nearly a 1,000 fans. If not then Sheffield Utd at home.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Sheff U at home please or Bradford IF they make it
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Hastings U at home and then a premier league tie in round 3 (if we got there)
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Well done Trevdee! Cracking guess. Having Hastings at home gives us a great chance of getting through.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:59 pm

wow I should play the lottery, but that is the best possible tie on paper.........hmm I will probably regret saying that!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Great to have a home draw!

It's their first ever time in round 2 as well, and they got there by beating Stortford away. Came from behind too, so no pushovers.

We mustn't underestimate them at all.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:30 pm

wonder if it will be a ticket game
    pollockking
    pollockking

Post by pollockking Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:36 pm

Smile looking forward to a good game on Dec 1st, being a yorkshire lad now living in hastings !! sorry guys but as my son plays for the youth section I`ll be cheering on the `U`s !!! and Dan Gleebitz is right, it is their first time in round 2 (as hastings united ... but did make round 3 as hastings town in the 60s lol).
    the now player manager, sean ray, has worked wonders with the team. and even in the pre-season they beat Brighton and hove albions first team 3-2, and they had kuszczak in goal !, followed with a win over gillingham, so it could be a good game.
    what i will say is, they never give up and they never underestimate any team ...
    Good luck lads and I`ll see you on the 1st Very Happy
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:57 pm

We know all too well exactly what teams are capable of in the FA Cup, Torquay and Hyde got complacent and we knocked both out. Any lower league teams wanting to progress into the 3rd round such as us and Hastings will spill blood to get a win and we will defiantly not underestimate any team at this stage......I think league and position goes completely out of the window and it really is who wants it more on the day.

Really looking forward to the 1st, I would say good luck, but I want Harrogate to get all the luck!!

TFP

Post by TFP Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 pm

trevdee wrote:We know all too well exactly what teams are capable of in the FA Cup, Torquay and Hyde got complacent and we knocked both out. Any lower league teams wanting to progress into the 3rd round such as us and Hastings will spill blood to get a win and we will defiantly not underestimate any team at this stage......I think league and position goes completely out of the window and it really is who wants it more on the day.

Really looking forward to the 1st, I would say good luck, but I want Harrogate to get all the luck!!

[woodwork duly crawled out of]

completely agree with this.

any second round draw is formidably tough. only huge performances will see HT into the third round.

Last edited by TFP on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:45 pm

trevdee wrote:wonder if it will be a ticket game

My one concern if it is ticketed is that dedicated and commited fans may not get tickets,
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Yep I was thinking the same because guaranteed lots of people would turn up just for the occasion...they should start selling tickets at a league games in the run up to the 1st and then put them on general sale......I have only missed the Histon and Torquay game this season so would be pretty annoyed if I didn't get a ticket (put it this way I would be mailing Weaver directly).
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:24 pm

Totally agree - put tickets on general sale at the next home game
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 am

pollockking wrote: followed with a win over gillingham, so it could be a good game.
    Interesting. They haven't played Gillingham for quite a few years so I'm not sure which match you saw Laughing

I was hoping we wouldn't get Gillingham actually as they seem to be on a run of form at the moment.

I can't see it being all ticket though. It's HASTINGS United, not Sheffield United.

And, on a non-flippant aside, given the number of Home postponements we've had, who's to say we're going to get a home game before the cup round?

Last edited by Dan_Gleebitz on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:41 am

Yep, can't see it being all ticket, but we SHOULD get 1500 there (Guiseley got 1600 on Sat versus Barrow). Good news is we have a greatchance of winning, bad news is I guess it wont be on telly, if we had been at home to a league club would have had a good chance of this. Still the chance of reaching the 3rd round is worth it.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:17 pm

Hi all,

The club are trying to make sure that it is pay on the gate. Again when I get total confirmation that this is 100% then I will update the website.

Kind regards,

Peter
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:34 pm

I think if the club totally milk it, we should definitely see over 1000! I hope some extra offers are made e.g juniors go in for a quid with full paying adult. Or members of junior clubs get in for a quid!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Any gate discounts/promotions have to be agreed with Hastings......We wouldn't allow Hyde to drop the gate prices and I doubt Hastings will as to maximize any gate receipts.
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:44 pm

The FA also have a say as well which we have to abide by.
    pollockking
    pollockking

Post by pollockking Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 pm

lol! I did say "pre-season" as in friendly !! and it was this year....
    the way things are starting to look from this side, we could be bringing 300-400 fans bounce happy days !! looks like it could be a fun day out.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 pm

You will very welcome, the CNG is a friendly place to watch football and there are plenty of decent pubs within walking distance of the ground
    pollockking
    pollockking

Post by pollockking Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 pm

cheers I B. i know harrogate very well !! Im a yorkshire lad myself, born `n` bred from shipley stock ... lol. looking forward to comming home and catching up with some old mates while im there, might just be havin a night out in halifax or bradford that night... bom
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 pm

Never felt the need to comment on the forums before but excitement has got the better of me. I cannot wait for this game!!! Win (hopefully), lose or draw its games like this that we all live for. Torquay and Scarborough at a packed Wetherby Road back in 2005 certainly were my highlights following Town as a kid. A cracking, friendly atmosphere with plenty of Hastings fans should keep more kids coming back to Wetherby Road for years to come. Roll on December!!!
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:39 am

pollockking wrote:cheers I B. i know harrogate very well !! Im a yorkshire lad myself, born `n` bred
    Oh dear, never mind.....

pollockking wrote:from shipley stock ... lol.
    It just gets worse and worse, you poor thing (I work in Shipley)

pollockking wrote:looking forward to comming home and catching up with some old mates while im there, might just be havin a night out in halifax or bradford that night... bom
    Well, be honest, you won't get much of a night out in Harrogate affraid Only noted for it's slow old people and trophy wives.

But I think the match you were on about was against Crawley, not Gillingham. You beat Crawley pre-season after the victory over Brighton. Nowhere on the Hastings site fixture list is Gillingham mentioned.

Anyway, what are we arguing over that for. Come up. Bring some decent beer with you and enjoy yourself cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm