Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Players  In-Out/Temp Loan Spells - Page 2 Empty Re: Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:53 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:Do you know what Town Supporter,

If you think you can do the job that I do as a volunteer, write to the club and ask them - I will step aside.

Kind regards,

Peter

No i don't, Peter, i happen to think you do an excellent job, the programme is great, website is excellent. I have absolutely no issues with you whatsoever. My issues are with the powers that be.

Keep up the good work

Players  In-Out/Temp Loan Spells - Page 2 Empty Re: Players In-Out/Temp Loan Spells

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:00 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:This thread is now getting pretty silly. Peter can't post something and he's explained why. For pity's sake let it drop. I looked on the Railway website for the Youhill news yesterday. I couldn't find it there either. It happens. And when you are, as we are, relying on volunteers then they will have other priorities at times. As Peter says, why not volunteer if you're that bothered.

I'm a great believer in getting the infrastructure right and the rest will follow naturally. When the infrastructure is complete and the systems have had time to settle down, then is the time to query. We didn't get promoted under Aspin. Nor have Halifax. At the moment my aim is to see some good football and not get relegated. In a couple of.seasons time, that aim will have changed

I disagree, the infrastructure is great, I don't think anyone would question that. Playing wise, we're very ordinary. You, yourself have exprssed a level of criticism towards the football we play. You want to see some good football, we saw it pretty much every week under Aspin. And you're willing to give it another couple of seasons? You don't think that a few seasons of absolute garbage is enough - sucker for punsihment if you ask me.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:The joy of what you do at HTFC Peter is that you are positive, creative and full of ideas - you help all of us who have HTFC in our blood and who support the club often from a distance because of where we live. Ultimately the knockers and the energy-sappers move on and we are still left with a club from a small town in North Yorkshire that punches above it's weight and makes us proud.
    ~(

Sorry to disappoint you innocent bystander but i've been supporting the club since the back end of the 1987/88 season. As i once said to Alan Williams, I've been here a long time before you, I'll be here a long time after. I'm going nowhere.

We do not punch above our weight. If you compare the population of the harrogate district to the other teams in our league then you would realise that. Living in your second home in St Ives I appreciate that might be difficult.

Weaver is incapable and unworthy of his post as manager of the club i love.

Anyway, i mustn't go on - Pie Chips is about to show me one of his latest designs. I told him that X factor was on but he was insistent
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Great result today in the FA Cup even though we did make it difficult with some poor defending and Lee Elam losing the plot and getting his marching orders for violent conduct. A very nervy last 15. Anyway I'm looking forward to another home draw. Why Simon sits in the dugout on his own for 5 minutes after giving the players a bollocking at half time I don't know. He is sending out some messages that the supporters are worried about. If Simon feels that some players are not performing he should substitute them which shows signs that he knows when to change/freshen the team up. Some hard games coming up, Brackley, Stalybridge, Chester et al!! When I opened this thread all a wanted to know was why Robbie's loan period with Railway had not been passed on to the supporters. We pay to watch, to voice our opinion and that should be respected. There has been far too much personal stuff flying around. Lets get behind Simon and the team as always. But we do deserve to be heard when we feel things are not quite right. Lets move on please. Thanks for your patience Peter. Keep up the good work. Town Supporter keep challenging what you see as poor performances.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm

I think there is a difference between challenging poor performances and challenging EVERY performance.

Win, Lose or Draw, Town Supporter we know the score.

When Fotherby couldn't bankroll the club anymore, we were staring at financial freefall. the Aspin years weren't sustainable, that's why he walked when he had his wings clipped.

Some may say we are llucky to be watching BSN football at all.

S.

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:This is getting like the Spanish Inquisition!

No, not the Spanish Inquisition !

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:38 am