Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Hello from New Mills A.F.C.

TheNeil29

Hello from New Mills A.F.C. - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello from New Mills A.F.C.

Post by TheNeil29 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 pm

He is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel now:

HARROGATE Town boss Simon Weaver is hoping Tuesday night's spiritual experience will give them the inspiration to win
    tomorrow's FA Cup clash at New Mills.

The Bishop of Ripon & leeds Rt Revd John Packer was invited to visit the CNG Stadium, to bless the players and the pitch ahead of Town's trip to Derbyshire on Saturday.

Weaver is desperate not to repeat their second qualifying round exit this time last season at Bradford Park Avenue.

Town travel to vodkat Premier league out?t New Mills with a score to settle according to their manager who is still smarting from last year's 4-0 thrashing at the Horsfall Stadium.

Weaver is wary of the perils lower league opposition pose at this stage of the competition but is demanding a reaction in the aftermath of Saturday's 3-0 league defeat at Nuneaton.

"Tuesday was a really good night," said Weaver.

"Our chief executive Alan Williams knows the Bishop and asked him to come down. He was a real gentleman, the players listened to him and he said a prayer for us.

I've never heard of this happening before, but I dont see what change this will make. If we get beat by New Mills tomorrow, then Weaver has to do the honourable thing and resign. He has achieved the square root of f%$k all since he was hired, apart from winning a Mickey Mouse trophy by beating Harrogate Railway, and he has been given a significantly improved budget for this season, but the squad are still underperforming, with the exception of 2/3 players.

If you had a different manager in charge of these players, who had experience coming into the role. I truly do believe we would be in a better predicament.

I have lost total faith in Weaver, and nothing but a resounding win is the minimum expectation tomorrow, and he knows it.

The pressure is now on you Weaver. Step up and be counted, or walk away with your head hanging in shame.

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:17 pm

positively Churchillian!!!!!! Wink 4/6 Get On Smile
    Amber Army
    Amber Army

Post by Amber Army on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Why try and get a 67% return when you can get 70% at 888sport ?
    Johnny
    Johnny

Post by Johnny on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Oh, so Weaver has now had the players blessed?

Exceedingly fascinating, to say the least. Tomorrow will tell!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Bloody'ell Amber Army - what are we going to do after one of us has won!! You have notched up more posts than any Town supporter.

Good luck this afternoon - my lad is returning from injury so I am watching back in Harrogate but would appreciate it if you would let us go to the next round as he is desperate to play (hopefully!!!) in the FA Cup. Wink
    Amber Army
    Amber Army

Post by Amber Army on Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:42 pm

Don't know about that but think there is live commentary on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Amber Army wrote:Don't know about that but think there is live commentary on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That does not seem to work????
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:59 pm

The link is working for me!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Me too - go through the one on the website and press listen now!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:Me too - go through the one on the website and press listen now!

Tried that, just get a blank screen. Anyway got radio working York on.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:07 pm

Nice one!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:11 pm

1-0 Town Own Goal, cross by Phillips!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:36 pm

2-0 Town Armstrong penalty!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Who is this old bloke on The New Mills Radio! It doesn't matter about the weight of play, it is getting the ball in the back of the Onion bag that counts, we have done it twice - your lot hasn't - get over it!
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:42 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:Who is this old bloke on The New Mills Radio! It doesn't matter about the weight of play, it is getting the ball in the back of the Onion bag that counts, we have done it twice - your lot hasn't - get over it!

Biassed commentary, per chance?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Heh heh - just a smidge!
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:45 pm

According to the other lad on the radio, Armstrong has 12 goals this season, must have miscounted 5 of them myself!
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 pm

[quote="TheNeil29"]He is definitely scraping the bottom of the barrel now:

HARROGATE Town boss Simon Weaver is hoping Tuesday night's spiritual experience will give them the inspiration to win
    tomorrow's FA Cup clash at New Mills.

The Bishop of Ripon & leeds Rt Revd John Packer was invited to visit the CNG Stadium, to bless the players and the pitch ahead of Town's trip to Derbyshire on Saturday.

Weaver is desperate not to repeat their second qualifying round exit this time last season at Bradford Park Avenue.

Town travel to vodkat Premier league out?t New Mills with a score to settle according to their manager who is still smarting from last year's 4-0 thrashing at the Horsfall Stadium.

Weaver is wary of the perils lower league opposition pose at this stage of the competition but is demanding a reaction in the aftermath of Saturday's 3-0 league defeat at Nuneaton.

"Tuesday was a really good night," said Weaver.

"Our chief executive Alan Williams knows the Bishop and asked him to come down. He was a real gentleman, the players listened to him and he said a prayer for us.

I've never heard of this happening before, but I dont see what change this will make. If we get beat by New Mills tomorrow, then Weaver has to do the honourable thing and resign. He has achieved the square root of f%$k all since he was hired, apart from winning a Mickey Mouse trophy by beating Harrogate Railway, and he has been given a significantly improved budget for this season, but the squad are still underperforming, with the exception of 2/3 players.

If you had a different manager in charge of these players, who had experience coming into the role. I truly do believe we would be in a better predicament.

I have lost total faith in Weaver, and nothing but a resounding win is the minimum expectation tomorrow, and he knows it.

The pressure is now on you Weaver. Step up and be counted, or walk away with your head hanging in shame.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hate to say it, but 2-0 is not that great a result, an own goal and a penalty, but at least we didnt concede.

Last edited by TheNeil29 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
    TheTown
    TheTown

Post by TheTown on Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:10 am

Who cares about a great result, a win is a win, especially in cup competitions.

Listen think we all know the squad hasnt been playing brilliantly so far and should be higher up but we've been very unlucky with injuries and now it looks like everything is settling down. Had we gone out think would have really increased the pressure on Weaves but credit where credits due and lets hope for a little FA Cup run.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:45 pm

TheTown wrote:Who cares about a great result, a win is a win, especially in cup competitions.

Listen think we all know the squad hasnt been playing brilliantly so far and should be higher up but we've been very unlucky with injuries and now it looks like everything is settling down. Had we gone out think would have really increased the pressure on Weaves but credit where credits due and lets hope for a little FA Cup run.

I wish i shared your optimism, but at the end of the day, it is simple. Whilst Weaver is in charge of the team, we will not achieve anything at all. In order for this team to show what it is really capable of, there needs to be a more experienced head in charge. And i'm sure that a lot of the fans share this point of view.

He has had too many chances now, and I've lost faith in him, as i'm sure a lot of the fans have to! We have the players and the squad to achieve great things, but the wrong man is in charge. He has to go, and until he leaves, this club will go nowhere, and achieve nothing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:27 am