Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

2 posters

Wrexham at Home

Crossan

Wrexham at Home Empty Wrexham at Home

Post by Crossan Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:13 am

Well I thought this would be a tough game for us, the early goal gave them confidence and they defended deep.  We played well first half and were a little unlucky not to score. Belshaw saved us from going further behind late in the half, he was my man of the match.

Second half Wrexham came more into the game, we did not create much at all in front of goal.  The game as it was cried out for us to make some changes but as per usual Simon left it too late in the game.  The young lad on loan from Huddersfield showed some aggression when he came on and could be a useful addition. I thought we should have had a penalty late in the game when Burrell was held down in the box following a corner, but the way it was we probably would have missed the kick!!!!

Pity we lost the game as other results went for us.  Many more points to play for so hear's hoping we can get back to winning ways next weekend!!!!
    WhiteRose11

Wrexham at Home Empty Re: Wrexham at Home

Post by WhiteRose11 Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Yep started bright but agree Belshaw saved us yet again he was my MoM. The system being played is very narrow playing through the middle and too much hoof football for me not enough composure. Our full backs were targeted and fell short but the two so called wide midfielders did not help them by not being wide to assist. When we played Ryan and Thomson on the right last season we hardly conceded a goal from that flank and the few times they have played this season we look stronger both defensively and offensively ie in the Trophy.
    Yes it is a first loss for a while but Wrexham were the first decent organised team we have played for a long time and they fully deserved the 3 pts. I still don't think this starting 11 is our strongest suit especially against the better teams.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:04 am