Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
GARAGE
WhiteRose11
6 posters

Hartlepool

WhiteRose11

Hartlepool Empty Hartlepool

Post by WhiteRose11 Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Team on Saturday?

I would keep the same as against Dover.
    1. Looked well balanced
    2. Don't change a winning team
    3. 1st time we have won in 5
    GARAGE

Hartlepool Empty Re: Hartlepool

Post by GARAGE Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Hope we keep the same team with Leesley left out again.
    Crossan

Hartlepool Empty Hartlepool

Post by Crossan Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Good display by Gate today, should have put the game out of sight in the first half. Beck was outstanding and deserved his goal. We gave away a goal as per usual, not sure what happened, Belshaw error? if so he can be forgiven given his displays this season.

Woods and Knowles did nothing when they came on, I know it was late in the game but Williams who came on even later showed he has movement and strength, is he carrying an injury otherwise what has he to do to get a start???
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Good to see us playing good football on the 'turf' again. I hope we contiue in this style against the better opposition (i didn't think 'pool had a good day today.
    Beck had probably the best game i've seen him play for us - his full application which has been part missing in previous games - he's suddenly found his head.
    Muldoon is a Godsend on the left flank and showed us in his last 2 starts what he can do to make a difference down that side. Mid field had the upper hand, which hasn't always been the case in our recent bad run - partly because of hoofs out of defence bypassing their undoubted skills. Re the penalty, ok said with hindsight, but with Muldoon's shoot form the last game and lack of from Thompson this season, i have to wonder who is making these poor 'penalty-taker' decisions. Fair-dos otherwise to Thompson who played pretty well. A defensive masterclass but as usual with the rare but telling blip.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:32 pm

Fully deserved result today against a poor Hartlepool team. Don’t see any need to change the team because they’ve played two very good games on the trot. Agree that Knowles did nothing and looks as if he’s not prepared to work hard and does not deserve a place at the moment.
    Game should have been over by half time but 2 penalties in 2 games both missed looks worrying.
    Thought Thomson pen was okay but their keeper guessed correct and pulled off a good save. Becks contribution to the game was immense and great to see him score. To be fair all the team played well and long may it continue. Anyone notice how much better we play with no Leesley in team.
    Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:43 pm

A return to style, which earned Town much praise on the box, and the midfield were a joy to watch. But, like I have said, if we are really serious, and while Beck proved his worth again as a target man and we should stick with him for that reason, we need an out and out forward in the middle who knows were the goal is (leave M out on the wing).
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:53 pm

A bit harsh on knowles, garage, as he was barely 10 minutes on the field. Maybe against Stockport, Weaver should give all our strikers half a game each !
    I do think that we (ie the management) have overrated our strikers but as Muldoon has proven, give them game time and they might !?? Come up with the goods.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:17 pm

fulhamphoenix wrote:A bit harsh on knowles, garage, as he was barely 10 minutes on the field. Maybe against Stockport, Weaver should give all our strikers half a game each !
    I do think that we (ie the management) have overrated our strikers but as Muldoon has proven, give them game time and they might !?? Come up with the goods.

He may have been on pitch for only 10 mins but his body language says alot. He was dropped for 2 games and that should have woken him up but does not appear to have. Can be a good player if in right mood.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:38 pm

Town were immense today. Simon and Thi’r’s doing an unbeleivable job. Town were class today.? COYT

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm