Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
GARAGE
fulhamphoenix
WhiteRose11
7 posters

Aldershot at home

GARAGE

Aldershot at home  Empty Aldershot at home

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:42 pm

Real game of 2 halves. We seemed to start playing midway through 1st half and really got going in the 2nd. Cannot remember a c/half scoring 3goals in our games before so well done Burrell you deserved the MOM. Thought Muldoon goal was the best and a really well deserved goal for another good full of running performance from him.
    Our defence still cannot keep a clean sheet and we’ve got to stop letting in goals. Today’s results really went for us keeping us in the top group. Interesting game next week at home to York in the trophy which might show how much we’ve come on from last season.
    WhiteRose11

Aldershot at home  Empty Re: Aldershot at home

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:17 pm

We have the two best players in the league for crosses/ deliveries either from set plays or open play in Leesley and Thomson imo. We could have had even more goals from these sources today. Without Beck we did look to get it out wide more than in recent games and what a result especially with other results going in our favour.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:35 pm

No weak links today. Well done to all 14.
    I have to say that Aldershot had, imvho, the least amount of flair of any visitors this season - recent league form lldlll - not surprised. But you can only beat what's put in front of you and we looked a cut above them 2nd half and other results showed that top 3 is nowhere near finally decided yet !
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:19 pm

Forgot to mention that the ref generally had a nightmare and seemed to favour Aldershot especially in the 1st half.  Thought Leesley was poor most of the time but managed his usual assist when you really need him.  Knowles didn’t do much for me either.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Warren getting MOM was well deserved due to the extraudanary hat trick he managed as a C/H. But, how good was Falks today? superb in my eyes. Enjoy your Xmas bash in Ireland lads, u fully deserve it :-).
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:35 pm

Time to give Williams a start rather than Knowles. He made a big impact when he came on.
    Crossan

Aldershot at home  Empty Aldershot at Hom

Post by Crossan Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Agree with most of the comments, we did not play for the first 20 minutes and their goal was sloppy defending on our part.  We played the ball out of defence better than of late, probably because Beck was not up front, but still not playing out of defence like we did last season.

Burrell was outstanding, great for the lad who rarely puts a foot wrong and to cap it of with three goals was amazing.

Muldoon also had a great game and scored a fantastic goal when usually at that time he would be warming the bench!!!

I would like to see Williams get a start, Knowles is not the player he was and Williams looked far more of a threat immediately he came on.

I think our squad is small, its a long season with many games and if we get injuries we could be in trouble.
    iand1957

Post by iand1957 Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Again agree with all above i must admit i'm not a fan of Knowles, for what he's supposed to be a striker he seems to be everywhere but in front of goal he always seems to be going towards the ball and never making runs into space. He must have a if i'm fit i play clause in his contract.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 pm