Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
A1 drifter
HTAFC Away Travel
pie and chips
7 posters

Local Teams...contrasting fortunes

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Local Teams...contrasting fortunes Empty Local Teams...contrasting fortunes

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:45 am

As its rather quiet on here (Town are winning!), I thought I'd just post something that has been on my mind. Our local teams (counting myself as an honourary Harrogate resident for now) are, in their own ways, having remarkable seasons. Us, of course, are top of the league, one defeat in 17 matches, biggest goal difference in, I believe, the top six tiers of English football etc. Railway appear to be in almost terminal decline. Anyone know if there are any developments re: the ground move that Mr Northfield discussed a while back. And then there is Knaresborougfh Town who appear to have gone crazy! Top of the league, unbeaten in the league, what is going on at Manse Lane?? Has someone put money in, is Paul Stansfield a genius, is there something in the water? We need anwers.

Oh well, its a quiet Monday, still 5 days before the FA Cup, got to write about something.
    pie and chips

Local Teams...contrasting fortunes Empty Re: Local Teams...contrasting fortunes

Post by pie and chips Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:56 pm

It will always be quiet when we're winning!!
    Is this the year for Harrogate/Knaresborough to hit the headlines for all the right reasons?
    Terrific to watch football of this standard - oh, by the way, isn't there another small local club you've missed? You know the one, just east along the A59, can't remember their name.............old, out of date ground, been through a few managers, their present one says they aren't fit enough! Anyone?
    Congrats to all at HT, what a difference to the Fotherby/Aspin days!
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm putting the quietness on here down to the fact most fans are now on Facebook and using the Supporters Group on there.

Now have over 600 members and there's regular discussions about the games etc.

It's certainly very active with new members and fans commenting.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Pity about York isn't it?Well maybe not.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:07 pm

Not really - but I think their new manager will improve things for them.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:25 pm

That's what worries me, with a decent manager they could go places. I don't want to rely on the play offs (anything could happen ). We need to win this thing outright.
    crowbar6753
    crowbar6753

Post by crowbar6753 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Don,t forget Tadcaster as well, they have a great little set up and a pretty useful team to boot.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:35 pm

Yes. One of the teams I follow. I thought they would kick on but they seem to be struggling a bit this season. I'd love to see them in the Evo-stik Prem. But maybe a step too far?
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 pm

I live about 1/4 mile from the small village of Kirk Deighton which punches way above its weight in both football and cricket. KD Rangers have a neat enclosed ground (unlike Wetherby Athletic) and have progressed this season from Harrogate District League to West Yorkshire 2. Their most recent result was a 5-1 win over mighty Ripon City - roughly equivalent to Town beating York City! The cricket team has won the Wetherby League twice running and will be in the York District Senior League next season.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:20 am

Should be over-taking Railway in a few years then!
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Could be sooner than you might think after yesterday's Sunderland RCA 10(ten) v Railway 1 in the FA Vase.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Does anyone know what's is happening down there? It seems like total meltdown. Ithought Rob Northfield was putting. Money in. I used to go to deep Rail 3 or 4 times a year. Now it seems like a graveyard. What is happening?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Northfield went a while ago
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:36 am

Does that mean those plans for selling the ground that he announced a while back are no longer in play?
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 pm

paulstreet wrote:Does that mean those plans for selling the ground that he announced a while back are no longer in play?

Sorry don't know
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Fri May 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Unless they somehow get a reprieve Railway will be going down to step 6 next season passing Knaresborough on the way up. Meanwhile Kirk Deighton Rangers whom I mentioned above have won promotion to West Yorkshire 1 putting them just 2 levels below Railway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:13 am