Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+15
Mystery
TheNeil29
Innocent Bystander
town supporter
nobby99
Dark Knight
Townfan
GARAGE
Championship Manager
pontifex532
paulstreet
ultimate warrior
TownUltra
A1 drifter
trevdee
19 posters

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Post by Guest Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:41 am

Or......based on local match reports from a Guiseley perspective and watching the game, Guiseley were not at the races.

Based upon the radio coverage and Barrow fans, combined with a team they have said is down to the bare bones coupled with us doing a west ham of 2013/14 and parking the bus and being one of those days we spawned another point.

so all in sucker 2 points you are pant wettingly treating like 6 in two matches in those circumstances is not exactly going to get us up the table to a position befitting the sheer managerial genius of weaver or his daddy's pockets.
    slicker
    slicker

Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 3 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

Post by slicker Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:42 pm

Carefree wrote:Or......based on local match reports from a Guiseley perspective and watching the game, Guiseley were not at the races.

Based upon the radio coverage and Barrow fans, combined with a team they have said is down to the bare bones coupled with us doing a west ham of 2013/14  and parking the bus and being one of those days we spawned another point.

so all in sucker 2 points you are pant wettingly treating like 6 in two matches in those circumstances is not exactly going to get us up the table to a position befitting the sheer managerial genius of weaver or his daddy's pockets.

I would refer the honourable member to the answer I gave earlier.

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:30 am

Townfan wrote:
    But he doesn't support the club and wants them to lose.
    You really are thick and ignorant aren't you? When have I ever said I don't support the club? I don't support the regime and as such will not attend anymore games while they are still here because the whole exercise is pointkless. Why should they get my money? I want this town to have a football club we can be proud of. If that's not clear then you are either stupid or just being a massive d*cksplash. At the moment the situation is a joke. How can you have a manager that is not accountable? We're just a rich man/spoilt brat's plaything who is using us as a platform for his own gain not Town's. If the joker was any good and could actually take us somewhere I'm still not sure that it would be an entirely palatable situation but it would at least make it more bearable. The fact is Simon Weaver is one of the biggest dud's in football. His entire "career" is a worse joke than those that fell out of this year's Christmas crackers.

At least I actually bring something to the forum. I give my opinions and argue my points with facts. I don't mind if people don't agree with them but instead of just having a swipe it would be nice if occasionally one or two of you put a strong case across for carrying on with the manager. Trouble is when you actually have to do that, it all goes very quiet on here. You and slicker just intermittently pop up on here with nothing to actually say apart from smart arse comments (strangely more often when we have a half decent result). So what exactly do YOU bring to the forum?
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:48 am

Dark Knight wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    But he doesn't support the club and wants them to lose.
    You really are thick and ignorant aren't you? When have I ever said I don't support the club? I don't support the regime and as such will not attend anymore games while they are still here because the whole exercise is pointkless. Why should they get my money? I want this town to have a football club we can be proud of. If that's not clear then you are either stupid or just being a massive d*cksplash. At the moment the situation is a joke. How can you have a manager that is not accountable? We're just a rich man/spoilt brat's plaything who is using us as a platform for his own gain not Town's. If the joker was any good and could actually take us somewhere I'm still not sure that it would be an entirely palatable situation but it would at least make it more bearable. The fact is Simon Weaver is one of the biggest dud's in football. His entire "career" is a worse joke than those that fell out of this year's Christmas crackers.

At least I actually bring something to the forum. I give my opinions and argue my points with facts. I don't mind if people don't agree with them but instead of just having a swipe it would be nice if occasionally one or two of you put a strong case across for carrying on with the manager. Trouble is when you actually have to do that, it all goes very quiet on here. You and slicker just intermittently pop up on here with nothing to actually say apart from smart arse comments (strangely more often when we have a half decent result). So what exactly do YOU bring to the forum?

No personal insults/vendettas ?

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:50 am

slicker wrote:

No personal insults/vendettas ?

S.
    You clearly have one.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:52 am

Happy New Year slicker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:03 pm

Dark Knight wrote:Happy New Year slicker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That did raise a smile.

And to you, from Iron Fan.

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:05 pm

I don't take things to heart as much as DK these days, I got over this situation a long long time ago realizing it wont go anywhere and I just go to the games for the banter on the whole knowing even if we get a few wins under our belt, the cycle of losing will be around the corner.

However, although he does bang on about it a lot more than others, he is correct in what he says. I mean do any of you realistically think Simon will carry this club forward in terms of consistent results week in, week out? Do any of you think he has learnt how to get the best out of his squad? Do any of you think he even knows what his best 11 and best tactics are this late into the season? All that has happened this season like others is that he has brought in a whole new bunch of players, tinkered, buggered around, made mistakes, pissed players off, pissed fans off and his answer - bring in a boat load of new players!! It reminds me of a back street sales call center that constantly recruit. Don't bother motivating and developing the current staff, get every last ounce of enthusiasm from them, threaten them with the sack constantly if they don't achieve targets and when they finally give up then hand them a P45. It is ok there is some fresh meat out there willing to give it their all, until they are drained and then so the revolving door continues. All Simon needs to do is to put an honest squad togethor with potential and develop them since he has an Allstar coaching qualification - the fans would be happy with that scenario, maintain a way of playing and watch steady progress.

I would love to see a balanced debate on here, but it is true, the people who support Simon just play the Weaver grudge trump card, so come on, lets see why people think Simon will achieve.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:21 pm

Because the people who believe in Simon are either deluded, or have their noses so far up the Chairman's backside, that their judgement is permanently impaired because all they can smell is ****.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:28 pm

A balanced debate is unlikely, just seeing the title of this thread and all the others (and where they end up) will tell us that.

At the end of this season, there will be more fans in this league who will be disappointed than pleased. Check out the other forums and they are generally a habitat for malcontents.

We are underperforming with the resources and squad available, the alternative being fewer if any resources and reliance on consistent overperformance to even keep us in this Division.

In the long run, resources will win out eventually inspite of the failings of those with them.

S.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Oh dear slicker, a balanced debate??????

That point was passed last season when nepotism became the only abiding aspect of harrogate town.

hence why you laughably go hiding on here for so long.......until.......drum roll.......Two points from 6 in fortutous circumstances. The only points you got when you come back on this site.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:51 pm

Carefree wrote:Oh dear slicker, a balanced debate??????

That point was passed last season when  nepotism became the only abiding aspect of harrogate town.

hence why you laughably go  hiding  on here for so long.......until.......drum roll.......Two points from 6 in fortutous circumstances. The only points you got  when you come back on this site.

From someone whose made 50 posts in 50 months !

S.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:45 pm

slicker wrote:

In the long run, resources will win out eventually inspite of the failings of those with them.

S.
    It's pretty clear that's what you, Irving, Simon, Plank et al are all banking on...you're going to be severely disappointed.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:56 pm

Not even Irving can polish a turd with his deep pockets!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:50 pm

The 51st just for you slicker, enjoy the 'game'? Predictable garbage that even must have made you wince.
    slicker
    slicker

Post by slicker Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:25 pm

Carefree wrote:The 51st just for you slicker, enjoy the 'game'? Predictable garbage that even must have made you wince.

I think it was actually your 52nd, but l digress. Disappointed we only played for the last 20 mins, when we took it to them. I am sure we will be playing them next season.

Pressure certainly ramped up for Sunday.

In the meantime, I have to sign off as its time to collect the rent from the tenants on my Estate. To make matters worse, the Aston has dropped a valve so out with the Rangie again.

TTFN.

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm