Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

.

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    avatar
    Mystery

    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2014-12-27

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Mystery on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:11 pm

    Great result for town solid performance but couldn't hold on but brilliant performance cat Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Dark Knight on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:12 pm

    Bit like Burnley getting a point at City today. Great result but ultimately futile. Although I see Plank wasted no time getting his nob out on twitter for a good rub.
    avatar
    Mystery

    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2014-12-27

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Mystery on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:14 pm

    Let's hope we play how we played today at guiesly
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Guest on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:20 pm

    Cheers Dj when it says burnley and other football related scores post away but until then can you keep other scores out of it for those who like to watch motd
    avatar
    TheNeil29

    Posts : 2368
    Join date : 2009-09-22
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by TheNeil29 on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:21 pm

    Mystery. We played at Barrow today.

    DK. A decent result, but fully concur.
    avatar
    Mystery

    Posts : 5
    Join date : 2014-12-27

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Mystery on Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:23 pm

    No I mean let's hope we play how we did tonight at guiesly
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

    Posts : 387
    Join date : 2013-10-23
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by TownUltra on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:22 pm

    Clayton quality, hope we can get him for longer.
    avatar
    Innocent Bystander

    Posts : 707
    Join date : 2011-07-31

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Innocent Bystander on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:25 pm

    He'll enjoy a run of tough games! Maybe 6 or 7 in his month on loan ....far better surely than languishing on the bench at Alfreton
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

    Posts : 387
    Join date : 2013-10-23
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by TownUltra on Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:32 pm

    Barrow were rock bottom at this point last season, look at them now.

    I'm starting to feel that maybe Weaver has finally worked out his starting X1 and tactics, this is a strong line up fielded over the last 2.

    Clayton couod be our Shearer.

    This time next year DK we could be league champions.
    Townfan
    Townfan

    Posts : 857
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 67
    Location : Starbeck

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Townfan on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:07 pm

    Dark Knight wrote:I've just explained why, numpty. Town are no longer a football club and won't be until the Weavers are out. They are embarrassing my town and making a mockery of it's football club. I cannot support what they are doing. To sit back and say/do nothing would make me complicit in this utter sham.
    Why are you still posting on this forum ?
    avatar
    pie and chips

    Posts : 169
    Join date : 2009-06-17

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by pie and chips on Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:37 pm

    He can't help it, he is not a fan, just likes moaning about the Weaver family.
    Not worth a fart in a gale. Razz
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2014-02-24
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by thetallaccountant on Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:18 pm

    The application was brilliant today in the face of a huge task. Everyone was good, but Barnes, Shiels & Clayton were all particularly superb. Very well done to all the players.

    2 overriding thoughts:

    It was for once an unchanged team, and they put in this stellar performance. Management team take note.

    For all the mistakes that have been made by management this season, this performance and result could not have been achieved without every player giving 100% for the cause. Simon may have confused, bewildered and disorientated the dressing room over the last few months, but on this evidence the players are still trying for him.








    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Dark Knight on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:23 pm

    TownUltra wrote:Barrow were rock bottom at this point last season, look at them now.

    I'm starting to feel that maybe Weaver has finally worked out his starting X1 and tactics, this is a strong line up fielded over the last 2.

    Clayton couod be our Shearer.

    This time next year DK we could be league champions.
    Bloomer, Nelthorpe and Nowakowski. Hahaha! F**kin' ell he's sticking with those three right to the bitter end isn't he?!!!

    Just before Barrow equalised Ed White was referring to the result as, what would have been, a "famous" victory. Famous? How very Hodgsonesque!

    Can't help but think had Barrow put the ball in to the open goal they were presented with in the first few minutes how different today probably would have been. And by different I obviously mean the same old sh*t as usual.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Dark Knight on Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:26 pm

    thetallaccountant wrote:

    For all the mistakes that have been made by management this season, this performance and result could not have been achieved without every player giving 100% for the cause. Simon may have confused, bewildered and disorientated the dressing room over the last few months, but on this evidence the players are still trying for him.


    Or perhaps they just managed to get themselves up for a big game in front of a big crowd...

    But let's see if they can back it up at Guiseley and beyond before petitioning for Simon to be included on the new years honours list eh?
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Dark Knight on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:04 am

    Goalkeeper man of the match again but we're heading in the right direction. Ok...
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

    Posts : 734
    Join date : 2013-08-20
    Location : The Batcave

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Dark Knight on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:07 am

    [quote="Townfan"]
    Dark Knight wrote:
    Why are you still posting on this forum ?
    Well you do have a point, I mean you certainly don't deserve my input on here.
    avatar
    town supporter

    Posts : 100
    Join date : 2014-11-22

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by town supporter on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:28 am

    Townfan wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:I've just explained why, numpty. Town are no longer a football club and won't be until the Weavers are out. They are embarrassing my town and making a mockery of it's football club. I cannot support what they are doing. To sit back and say/do nothing would make me complicit in this utter sham.
    Why are you still posting on this forum ?

    Perhaps because some of us find his posts interesting and worthwhile and it goes some way to balancing out the tripe posted by several others on here.
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

    Posts : 134
    Join date : 2014-02-24
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by thetallaccountant on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:56 am

    It would have been so easy for the players to roll over in that atmosphere, but they did just the opposite, and for that they (not Simon) deserve plenty of credit.

    Barnes was not the only one to play well - everyone did. Barrow were restricted to relatively few chances, thanks in no small part to Barnes' work from free kicks and corners.
    avatar
    Chips97

    Posts : 270
    Join date : 2013-03-08
    Age : 24
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Chips97 on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:03 am

    TownUltra wrote:
    This time next year DK we could be league champions.

    Deluded?
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by ultimate warrior on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:51 pm

    thetallaccountant wrote:It would have been so easy for the players to roll over in that atmosphere, but they did just the opposite, and for that they (not Simon) deserve plenty of credit.

    Barnes was not the only one to play well - everyone did. Barrow were restricted to relatively few chances, thanks in no small part to Barnes' work from free kicks and corners.


    Barrow fan says

    2 points dropped against a side that clearly had no intention of playing a game of football and had 1 shot on target all game. Just one of those games to forget, no one played football and the ref just didn't care about what was going on, at least we got a point. Should have had all 3.


    Only one shot on target? can anyone confirm that? if its true that needs to change for the next match 6 goals against and scored 1 in the last 4 league games very worrying
    Townfan
    Townfan

    Posts : 857
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 67
    Location : Starbeck

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Townfan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:00 pm

    town supporter wrote:
    Townfan wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:I've just explained why, numpty. Town are no longer a football club and won't be until the Weavers are out. They are embarrassing my town and making a mockery of it's football club. I cannot support what they are doing. To sit back and say/do nothing would make me complicit in this utter sham.
    Why are you still posting on this forum ?

    Perhaps because some of us find his posts interesting and worthwhile and it goes some way to balancing out the tripe posted by several others on here.  
    But he doesn't support the club and wants them to lose. It would be akin to me going on Man Utd's forum !!
    Townfan
    Townfan

    Posts : 857
    Join date : 2009-06-07
    Age : 67
    Location : Starbeck

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Townfan on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:02 pm

    ultimate warrior wrote:
    thetallaccountant wrote:It would have been so easy for the players to roll over in that atmosphere, but they did just the opposite, and for that they (not Simon) deserve plenty of credit.

    Barnes was not the only one to play well - everyone did. Barrow were restricted to relatively few chances, thanks in no small part to Barnes' work from free kicks and corners.


    Barrow fan says

    2 points dropped against a side that clearly had no intention of playing a game of football and had 1 shot on target all game. Just one of those games to forget, no one played football and the ref just didn't care about what was going on, at least we got a point. Should have had all 3.


    Only one shot on target? can anyone confirm that? if its true that needs to change for the next match 6 goals against and scored 1 in the last 4 league games very worrying
    Rose coloured tinted glasses from Barrow fan. Did you listen to the game or have you read the report. Yes they put us under pressure, which you would expect from a side who will win the league and have won every home game this season, but we had plenty of chances on the break.
    ultimate warrior
    ultimate warrior

    Posts : 171
    Join date : 2014-03-19
    Location : Harrogate

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by ultimate warrior on Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:48 pm

    Townfan wrote:
    ultimate warrior wrote:
    thetallaccountant wrote:It would have been so easy for the players to roll over in that atmosphere, but they did just the opposite, and for that they (not Simon) deserve plenty of credit.

    Barnes was not the only one to play well - everyone did. Barrow were restricted to relatively few chances, thanks in no small part to Barnes' work from free kicks and corners.


    Barrow fan says

    2 points dropped against a side that clearly had no intention of playing a game of football and had 1 shot on target all game. Just one of those games to forget, no one played football and the ref just didn't care about what was going on, at least we got a point. Should have had all 3.


    Only one shot on target? can anyone confirm that? if its true that needs to change for the next match 6 goals against and scored 1 in the last 4 league games very worrying
    Rose coloured tinted glasses from Barrow fan.  Did you listen to the game or have you read the report.  Yes they put us under pressure, which you would expect from a side who will win the league and have won every home game this season, but we had plenty of chances on the break.


    So how many shots did we have on target?

    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    avatar
    Guest
    Guest

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Guest on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:29 pm

    Shock, horror as desperate town fans celebrate another point.

    Guiseley were mediocre and by all accounts looking at that thread Barrow were having one of those days.

    shows how wholly desperate some have become.

    Were we not one of the favourites for promotion. Do we not have one of the most expensive, best paid squads in the division?

    One point is the new 3 for some obviously. Those exalting the trickle of a random point here and there should perhaps temper the enthused passion for weaver turnips till we have maybe one a few on the bounce and stop proclaiming the avoidance of defeat like we are seeing the ssecond coming of a managerial messiah. It's pitiful, like town under weaver.
    slicker
    slicker

    Posts : 99
    Join date : 2014-12-28

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by slicker on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:35 pm

    Carefree wrote:Shock, horror as desperate town fans celebrate another point.

    Guiseley were mediocre and by all accounts looking at that thread Barrow were having one of those days.

    shows how wholly desperate some have become.

    Were we not one of the favourites for promotion.  Do we not have one of the most expensive, best paid squads in the division?  

    One point is the new 3 for some obviously. Those exalting  the trickle of a random point here and there should perhaps temper the enthused passion for weaver turnips till we have maybe one a few on the bounce and stop proclaiming the avoidance of defeat like we are seeing the ssecond coming of a managerial messiah. It's pitiful, like town under weaver.

    Please select from the following options :

    1. Town win, the opposition were cr*p, Management hopeless.
    2. Town draw, the opposition were cr*p, Management hopeless
    3. Town lose, the opposition weren't as cr*p as we were but not far off, Management hopeless.

    Might save time both for the author and the reader.

    S.

    Sponsored content

    Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town - Page 2 Empty Re: Paul Clayton (Striker) signs from Alfreton Town

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:18 am