Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Quick thoughts on todays game........

Yorkshire Yankee

Quick thoughts on todays game........ Empty Quick thoughts on todays game........

Post by Yorkshire Yankee Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:32 pm

-Entertaining, hard fought, physical game. Both teams were fighting for the win. The score line could have easily been 2-2.
    -Their number 9 was a beast. Both McGurk and Heath literally had their hands full keeping him in check.
    -Dom Rowe had a great run down the left, cut inside between two defenders, and lifted a curling shot to the far corner............out of nowhere their keeper made an outstanding save.
    -Adam N came on in the second half and won everything in the air.
    -The strike force is almost there. The interaction between the group was close, but not quite in sync. When it happens it should be very exciting.
    -Someone needs to sit Lenighan and Kerry down together, and introduce them to each other.There was lot of good individual effort from both of them. But, they are not working as a unit. To me, the mid-field is the biggest weakness in the side right now. Plenty of talent, just not on the same page.
    -The Lowestoft supporters were very welcoming. The president of the club even stopped to thank us for making the trip down. Outstanding pitch and ground. A bit compact, but they do well with what they have.
    -Thanks to the 'Kit Men', Martin and Neil. They made it possible for us to have the best parking spot of the season.
    -Also, thanks to Jeff for driving. Especially with a passenger snoring in the back seat, recovering from a very late night out.
    -Last thought: this was the best game of the season I have seen. The previous games have left me lacking any enthusiasim for the coming months. But, this game helped put a spring back in my step. Hopefully this will carry through the next two home games.
    -Later gaters!!!!
    thetallaccountant
    thetallaccountant

Quick thoughts on todays game........ Empty Re: Quick thoughts on todays game........

Post by thetallaccountant Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Thanks for this perspective - it gives fans that have seen the other games this season but not this one a bit of hope too!
    Innocent Bystander

Quick thoughts on todays game........ Empty Re: Quick thoughts on todays game........

Post by Innocent Bystander Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:01 am

Sounds like a hard-earned and welcome point .... what we could do with 6 pts from the next two home games! Tuesday is crucial.....
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:30 pm

every game is crucial when your lounging at the bottom of the league, i see that team we struggled to beat last home game Oxford City got thumped at home yesterday 1-8 the good thing for them was they only conceded two goals in the second half must have been an inspired team talk at half time
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:52 am

free internet in the hotel, so I can share my thoughts from afar! I guess 0 - 0 isn't a bad result, but our promotion rivals all seemed to do the business away from home: AFC Fylde...crickey, told you to watch out for them, and Chorley. Pretty clear that we need to win these next two home games (which I shall miss...sob), if we are to keep the dream alive!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm