Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
TheNeil29
gedmaloney
6 posters

Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax

gedmaloney

Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax Empty Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax

Post by gedmaloney Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
    TheNeil29

Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax Empty Re: Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax

Post by TheNeil29 Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Ged, dont be too surprised if the attendance isnt that great.

After Saturday's debacle, they are going to have to produce something very special tonight to get fans back on board.
    gedmaloney

Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax Empty Re: Tickets are Half Price for the WRCC fixture vs Halifax

Post by gedmaloney Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Ged, dont be too surprised if the attendance isnt that great.

After Saturday's debacle, they are going to have to produce something very special tonight to get fans back on board.

Agreed:affraid: affraid 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:05 pm

Didn't go last night, Tuesdays are difficult for me, and I have to miss the last 15 minutes or so to get the train back (so I'd have missed our winning goal). Still, delighted we won, and good to see that Ashley and Hall are starting to score a bit more regularly. Wonder if it will be Ossett Albion or Albion Sports next? Hav'nt checked the results yet. How many Halifax fans there?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:43 pm

There wasn't even 300 there last night. It's a sign that a lot of fans aren't happy with the current situation.

Halifax didn't field anywhere near their first team last night, so let's be realistic. It was a win, and our chances of winning the cup now are very good, but it won't gloss over the fact that to say the league and cup campaigns have been shocking so far, and totally unacceptable for the standard of players we have at our disposal.

The only way I can see the support improving is if Simon steps down. Because if we end up losing both games at the weekend. The season is over, and then attendances will drop even more.

The next 7 days will be interesting, that's for sure.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:56 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:There wasn't even 300 there last night. It's a sign that a lot of fans aren't happy with the current situation.
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people won't have even been aware we had a game last night. Plus a lot of people that did know probably just thought "WRCC, cold Tuesday night in December, nah don't fancy that". Christmas is coming up too. So on the whole I don't think it was that bad an attendance. The next two home games I'm sure will both have really healthy crowds and if we can get 6 or 7 points from the next 3 games then I think attendances will hold definitely up.

I'd love to know how the average attendance is comparing to last season because awareness levels definitely seem to be improving. The number of people I know that I've seen at the game or who have been asking me about Town is definitely on the up.

The potential for something much bigger is definitely there. I just hope we fulfil it one day.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:58 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:There wasn't even 300 there last night. It's a sign that a lot of fans aren't happy with the current situation.

Halifax didn't field anywhere near their first team last night, so let's be realistic. It was a win, and our chances of winning the cup now are very good, but it won't gloss over the fact that to say the league and cup campaigns have been shocking so far, and totally unacceptable for the standard of players we have at our disposal.

The only way I can see the support improving is if Simon steps down. Because if we end up losing both games at the weekend. The season is over, and then attendances will drop even more.

The next 7 days will be interesting, that's for sure.

Just for the sake of balance I thought 250 was a half decent crowd - and as Town Ultra suggests 5 wins out of 6 isn't that bad and if fans take their bat home after that sort of run then God help us (they don't by the way!!).
    We were disappointing against Solihull but I see they beat Brackley at home - they are no mugs, ask Alty supporters this weekend and they will tell you they were dead lucky to beat them. Meatloaf thought 2 out of 3 aint bad so I guess he would have been quite happy with 5 out of 6.
    As for Halifax not fielding their 1st team they looked pretty good to me - I must be watching a different game - they were athletic, physical and passed the ball with speed and we were just exceptional in the second half but there was no way that had anything to do with the management team:affraid: affraid affraid affraid 

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there may be elements of sarcasm in this post.sunny sunny sunny 

gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:15 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people won't have even been aware we had a game last night. Plus a lot of people that did know probably just thought "WRCC, cold Tuesday night in December, nah don't fancy that". Christmas is coming up too. So on the whole I don't think it was that bad an attendance. The next two home games I'm sure will both have really healthy crowds and if we can get 6 or 7 points from the next 3 games then I think attendances will hold definitely up.

I'd love to know how the average attendance is comparing to last season because awareness levels definitely seem to be improving. The number of people I know that I've seen at the game or who have been asking me about Town is definitely on the up.

The potential for something much bigger is definitely there. I just hope we fulfil it one day.

I will have a look at this for you but it is a little difficult to compare as there are always clubs like Halifax / Chester who have been promoted and replaced with teams like North Ferriby (good football team but brought very few fans to the game at the CNG).

We also lost the FA Cup run this year but made it up to a certain extent with preseason - what will be interesting is to see how many we get for the £1 in the ground / FREE FOR CHILDREN fixture against Gloucester - we achieved 1470 last year when the attendance was completely free but we have now issued well over 3000 tickets with a week to go. The big disappointment last year was that we couldn't build on the Hinckley game due to the pitch whereas this year we should be able to up the gate over the Xmas fixtures so I expect the Gloucester result will be 0 0:shock: Shocked 

Lots to be encouraged about though - sponsorship, bar venues, functions (Hamil and Trish do a great job), hospitality (Ric and his team do a great job) all the junior section - yes, I know the key thing is what happens on the pitch but when you look at the whole picture there are reasons to be cheerful - optimistic.

I have to say going back to the Gloucester game that a lot of supporters (they shall remain nameless) have really got stuck into handing out tickets at scout groups, schools, junior football teams - as Willy Wonka would say - "good news in a weary world" - my little prediction (always dangerous I know!!) - even with the £1 for adults we will beat last years figure as long as the weather is dry!! SPREAD THE WORD santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa 

w
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm just not getting my hopes up. 5 wins out of 6 is good going, but 4 of them, I would have expected maximum points from anyway (Worcester, Oxford and Workington x2). Halifax was a pleasing result, but they had nowhere near their best 11 on the pitch. Altrincham and Hednesford will be tough, tough games.

With regards to the Halifax game, I would certainly have expected their athleticism and physicality and their quality of passing to be better, as they are a full-time outfit. We are not.

It is noted that we performed extremely well in the second half, but if we can perform like that for 45 minutes, then why cant we do it on a consistent basis week in, week out? We certainly have the squad to do it, regardless of injuries.

Lastly, the attendance of less than 300 is in my eyes, pathetic. It should have been at least 500, even on a Tuesday night cup game. And i'd bet that if you asked Irving if less than 300 fans to a game was acceptable, he would disagree.

I have always championed exactly what the club has achieved off the pitch under the current board and staff, and the club are doing a sensational job with regards to that, but ultimately, as you have admitted also, its results on the pitch that count the most.

It is important that the squad now build on the Halifax result, but if we do not get anything out of the next 2 games, in my opinion, our season will be over, then after the Gloucester game, it will be interesting to see if the attendances will then hold up, as I think it will be difficult.

But saying all this, I will still attend as many games as I can, even regardless of where we are in the league or whatever else. All I want is for the club to be as successful on the pitch, as we currently are off the pitch.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:59 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I'm just not getting my hopes up. 5 wins out of 6 is good going, but 4 of them, I would have expected maximum points from anyway (Worcester, Oxford and Workington x2). Halifax was a pleasing result, but they had nowhere near their best 11 on the pitch. Altrincham and Hednesford will be tough, tough games.

With regards to the Halifax game, I would certainly have expected their athleticism and physicality and their quality of passing to be better, as they are a full-time outfit. We are not.

It is noted that we performed extremely well in the second half, but if we can perform like that for 45 minutes, then why cant we do it on a consistent basis week in, week out? We certainly have the squad to do it, regardless of injuries.

Lastly, the attendance of less than 300 is in my eyes, pathetic. It should have been at least 500, even on a Tuesday night cup game. And i'd bet that if you asked Irving if less than 300 fans to a game was acceptable, he would disagree.

I have always championed exactly what the club has achieved off the pitch under the current board and staff, and the club are doing a sensational job with regards to that, but ultimately, as you have admitted also, its results on the pitch that count the most.

It is important that the squad now build on the Halifax result, but if we do not get anything out of the next 2 games, in my opinion, our season will be over, then after the Gloucester game, it will be interesting to see if the attendances will then hold up, as I think it will be difficult.

But saying all this, I will still attend as many games as I can, even regardless of where we are in the league or whatever else. All I want is for the club to be as successful on the pitch, as we currently are off the pitch.
    Neil, Halifax are one of the few remaining part time teams in the conference and for what it is worth, the majority of the team playing on tues will be starting their next game against Woking...They have injuries galore at the shay, a couple of guys who played on Tues were guys they just brought in on loan to fill the gaps, there were a couple of youth who are fringe first teamers and the rest from the first team squad (certainly the core of the team were regulars). If we had the same game last season or season before on the same day with the same weather etc we would have got 150 so it is actually an improvement. Halifax only brought one or two.
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:00 pm

Neil don't underestimate the importance of the WRCC. Beat Ossett in Feb and the final is in April at Valley Parade. That's massive, we haven't been in many finals for a while!

Near far, wherever you are, I believe that our season will go onnnnnnn! Once more you open the door and I know that our season will go on and on. (flute to fade)
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:37 pm

Trev. We would have got more than 250, so we will have to just agree to disagree on that point. I will be watching Halifax's line up against Woking just out of curiosity now to see how it compares.

Speaking to a work colleague who is a Halifax fan, and he has said that the halifax injuries consist of Ryan Toulson, Danny Lowe, Marc Roberts and Lee Gregory. Not exhaustive at all in 4 players out, but all first team players. There are a few more out, but just bumps and sprains that aspin didn't take a chance with on Tuesday.

Anyway, the next 7 days will define our season, so the picture will be a lot clearer then,
    TownUltra
    TownUltra

Post by TownUltra Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:39 pm

8 of the team that started for Fax started against Guiseley in the Trophy on the Sat, so it was close to as strong a team as he could have put out I think.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:35 pm

Plus if Aspin wasn't that arsed he would have let his reserve team manager run things like Weaver did last season. I have never seen Aspin so vocal in my life as it will of hurt him losing to Harrogate, especially after the win at the Shay.

I'm working on the facts with regards to the attendance, just average it out from last season's Tuesday night games - Bishop Stortford (184), Colwyn Bay (215)......Freezing nights and the people of Harrogate don't come out in force.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:08 pm

They would come out in force if we were in the promotion/playoff spots.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people won't have even been aware we had a game last night.
    Spoke to a couple of people since who, as suspected, knew nothing about the game. Just shows how much more still needs to be done regarding awareness.  scratch 
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:
    I'm willing to bet that a lot of people won't have even been aware we had a game last night.  
    Spoke to a couple of people since who, as suspected, knew nothing about the game. Just shows how much more still needs to be done regarding awareness.   scratch 

Yes DK and that's what has been so refreshing about Saturdays fixture and the response that we have had from a variety of Town supporters - TrevDee, TS and Martin Lynch to name but 3, but there are many others who have gone out of their way to advertise the event.

A big thank you to anyone who has done their bit by just talking to potential first timers. cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:20 pm