Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Stockport County Thread

TheNeil29

Stockport County Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Stockport County Thread

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Well, I think they should open it up to all fans. Not just Supporters' Club members.

There would be a way of policing it so that stupid questions would not be asked.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 pm

Neil, part of the appeal of joining a supporters club is to get access to player Q&A's amongst other things.

Come on Pete, lets have a pre game, celebrity forum penalty shootout, i'm sure you can organise it...Maybe have it stretched out over a number of games, perhaps 2 kicks per game so it doesn't take up much time and at the end of it you get a winner....Infact invite the people of Harrogate, maybe stage some "closed door" prelimary stages, on a "wetherby rd open day" and when it gets down to the wire then show the spectacle before a league game.......hey it will be good publicity.......the winner could then get the chance to shoot out against Bolder with Craig in goal (I would even try my hardest for that, slot every pen right top corner).
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:28 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Well, I think they should open it up to all fans. Not just Supporters' Club members
    Why?

Being a member of the Supporters Club does show a level of commitment and support of the Football Club. Therefore more interest in what is happening in my humble opinion.

So if such an event can be arranged (and at the moment it's only an embryo), shouldn't those who have/are showing the commitment be the ones to benefit? There's a goodly number of those too.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:01 pm

trevdee wrote:Harrogate Town missing a trick here - half time on non-league day the moaners of the forum battle it out in a penalty shootout for charity!! Infact should be moaners against patronizers!
    We did consider this but for the second year running we are away Mad 
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Dan. I'm basing my theory on the home attendances here, but there are probably more non-member people who are committed to the club by attending more games than there are members who attend more games. I don't see why it should be one rule for one set of fans and one for another? What if people don't want to become members, but would like to attend a Q & A. The answer is simple. Members free obviously, but charge non members a couple of quid, and give them a ticket to produce at the door of the 1919. It's a little bit of money back into the club. Idiotic questions would not be tolerated, and make that clear before it starts.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:49 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Harrogate Town missing a trick here - half time on non-league day the moaners of the forum battle it out in a penalty shootout for charity!! Infact should be moaners against patronizers!
    We did consider this but for the second year running we are away Mad 
    Yeah thats a shame, but an open day for kids in the next half term may be a good idea (weather still might be ok in October)...Draft a few players in, get the emergency services in with their vans and equipment have a bit of a raffle or tombola, hold some small competitions on the pitch etc etc and use it to sell Harrogate Town....Could become bigger than the Bilton gala!

Hey you could always parachute in disguised as the queen to open the proceedings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:57 am