Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Stockport County Thread

rangerider
    rangerider

Stockport County Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Stockport County Thread

Post by rangerider on Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 pm

I thought Brown had a decent game and i think he will only get better as the season progresses   but what do i know i have only been watching  pro and amature  football for over 55 years
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight on Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:33 pm

paulstreet wrote:Did you read the Alfreton fan forum when Brown left, they all rated him, he won their player of the year etc.etc. Simon's choice of signings this summer has been top notch (Wright needs time), and there are many Conference Premier sides who would have signed Brown like a shot. We are [u]very[u] lucky to have him.
    All the more reason to expect big things from him then. In the 3 games I've seen him play he's been languid and sloppy.

rangerider wrote: but what do i know i have only been watching  pro and amature  football for over 55 years
    If it were that simple Barry Fry would be more sought after than Jose Mourinho.

I've had 30 odd years of watching and playing football all over the world meself thanks.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:18 pm

f it were that simple Barry Fry would be more sought after than Jose Mourinho.

I've had 30 odd years of watching and playing football all over the world meself thanks.

pmsl lol! 

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:00 pm

I personally think that Anton has had a great season so far. Whilst at Barrow all the players were below par however in my opinion Anton was the only one trying to keep the ball down and create something.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am

By his own standards, I’m sure Anton would admit that he hasn’t had a great start to the season, but he’s done fine, his talent is obvious and all he needs are games to get back to full fitness. The more games he plays the better he’ll get. Dark Knight either has a chip on his shoulder or just lacking in footballing know-how if he thinks any different.
    Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:23 pm

town supporter wrote:By his own standards, I’m sure Anton would admit that he hasn’t had a great start to the season, but he’s done fine, his talent is obvious and all he needs are games to get back to full fitness.  The more games he plays the better he’ll get.  Dark Knight either has a chip on his shoulder or just lacking in footballing know-how if he thinks any different.
    Jesus Christ, all I've said is I've been disappointed so far, given how much everyone had been bigging him up, and that I felt he'd been sloppy in the 3 games I'd seen. And I'm not the only person who thinks that. In fact you've just accepted yourself that he hasn't had a great start to the season by his own standards so why are you having a pop with your patronising "footballing know-how" quip?  Evil or Very Mad   I genuinely hope he does much better. I've no axe to grind with the lad.

Chip on my shoulder? Have you seen some of the moaning on here from everybody else? I'm one of the few people on here who's been really positive about our start to the season.

You lot sit on here scratching your balls about how the club can get more people interested, blame it on the hoofball, Simon's selections, this, that and the other...have you ever thought the reason might be the unfriendly and condescending Royston Vasey attitude from all you old arses? You reckon you'd love bigger crowds and Town to be on the up but I think deep, down some of you really just want to maintain the status quo and have the same few hundred moaning old gits rotting with misery into eternity.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:29 pm

Dark Knight wrote:
    town supporter wrote:By his own standards, I’m sure Anton would admit that he hasn’t had a great start to the season, but he’s done fine, his talent is obvious and all he needs are games to get back to full fitness.  The more games he plays the better he’ll get.  Dark Knight either has a chip on his shoulder or just lacking in footballing know-how if he thinks any different.
    Jesus Christ, all I've said is I've been disappointed so far, given how much everyone had been bigging him up, and that I felt he'd been sloppy in the 3 games I'd seen. And I'm not the only person who thinks that. In fact you've just accepted yourself that he hasn't had a great start to the season by his own standards so why are you having a pop with your patronising "footballing know-how" quip?  Evil or Very Mad   I genuinely hope he does much better. I've no axe to grind with the lad.

Chip on my shoulder? Have you seen some of the moaning on here from everybody else? I'm one of the few people on here who's been really positive about our start to the season.

You lot sit on here scratching your balls about how the club can get more people interested, blame it on the hoofball, Simon's selections, this, that and the other...have you ever thought the reason might be the unfriendly and condescending Royston Vasey attitude from all you old arses? You reckon you'd love bigger crowds and Town to be on the up but I think deep, down some of you really just want to maintain the status quo and have the same few hundred moaning old gits rotting with misery into eternity.

Best post of the season so far. TS is priceless but what a classic response.

That last paragraph had me falling of my mobility scooter whilst wetting my incontinence pants !

S.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:49 pm

If he's got a chip on his shoulder, please can I have it to go with my pie?
    I agree with Nick.......................sorry, I mean Slicker.
    Good to see TS can gripe as well as ever!
    "Sack the Manager" I got it in first!

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 pm

what is the purpose of your contribution pie and no chips?
    slicker - it would be interesting to hear your views on some of the issues discussed rather than simply posting smart arse responses.

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm

town supporter wrote:what is the purpose of your contribution pie and no chips?
    slicker - it would be interesting to hear your views on some of the issues discussed rather than simply posting smart arse responses.
    Flattery will get you nowhere !

I will post what I want when I want to, and if that gets on your Town Independent Travelling Support (TITS) then so be it.

S.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:24 pm

Dark Knight wrote:

Haha!! Very classic response. The club is doing all it can to get more people interested, as I'm sure a member of the Commercial team or Management team would quite happily take 10 minutes out of their schedule to explain to you.

I dont reckon I would love bigger crowds. I know I would love bigger crowds. But although the club is doing all they can to improve the fanbase/attendance, it also has to come from performances on the pitch. The points I have made in previous posts with regards to current season results are all valid points. It doesnt mean i'm a moaning old fart, i'm just a realist. If that is perceived as moaning, then so be it.

When it comes to Simon, he has been a manager for nearly 4 years now. He is still learning his trade and will make mistakes, but when he makes the same mistakes multiple times (i.e playing squad players out of position etc..) it will concern supporters, and they will moan, that's just the way it is.

From a personal point of view, I do honestly believe it will all come good, but Rome wasnt built in a day. It will take time.

P.S - I think Anton has had a decent start to life at Harrogate Town, and he will get better, but that comes with fitness and game time.
    pie and chips

Post by pie and chips on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Does every contribution have to have a purpose? Mine was a tongue in cheek reference to the non-availability of chips - but I guess most people knew that.
    What happened to FUN!
    Oh,Dark Knight, can I be your fair maiden?
    By the way - I've not enjoyed such a great start to the season for years. Credit to all at the Club, I'm proud to be a season ticket holder, and hope for a great Cup run.
    C'mon Town!

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:03 am

TheNeil29 wrote:
    Dark Knight wrote:

Haha!! Very classic response. The club is doing all it can to get more people interested, as I'm sure a member of the Commercial team or Management team would quite happily take 10 minutes out of their schedule to explain to you.

I dont reckon I would love bigger crowds. I know I would love bigger crowds. But although the club is doing all they can to improve the fanbase/attendance, it also has to come from performances on the pitch. The points I have made in previous posts with regards to current season results are all valid points. It doesnt mean i'm a moaning old fart, i'm just a realist. If that is perceived as moaning, then so be it.

When it comes to Simon, he has been a manager for nearly 4 years now. He is still learning his trade and will make mistakes, but when he makes the same mistakes multiple times (i.e playing squad players out of position etc..) it will concern supporters, and they will moan, that's just the way it is.

From a personal point of view, I do honestly believe it will all come good, but Rome wasnt built in a day. It will take time.

P.S - I think Anton has had a decent start to life at Harrogate Town, and he will get better, but that comes with fitness and game time.
    agree with the above.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:08 am

We have a family stand and a junior terrace
    Maybe a designated area Moaners' Mount for people who think the soccer town are playing is worse than in the old Yorkshire League division 3 days (I was there, I used to sweep the leaves off the pitch on a Saturday morning)
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 am

So it was you! It took me ages to put those leaves out and when I got back, some blighter had swept them all up again!

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:16 am

Innocent Bystander wrote:We have a family stand and a junior terrace
    Maybe a designated area Moaners' Mount for people who think the soccer town are playing is worse than in the old Yorkshire League division 3 days (I was there, I used to sweep the leaves off the pitch on a Saturday morning)
    Or even the self satisfied and smug stand for the likes of you, pie and no chips and slicker.

Don’t recall anyone saying the football town are currently playing is worse than in the Yorkshire League Division 3 days.
    Innocent Bystander

Post by Innocent Bystander on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:27 am

Can we call it the SNUG rather than the SMUG?

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:33 pm

Innocent Bystander wrote:Can we call it the SNUG rather than the SMUG?
    Don't restart the naming of a stand thread. I thought that had stopped when TS was suggesting a tribute to a former Chairman and didn't take kindly to Bill's Big End being proposed.

Off to kiss the mirror again.

S.

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:06 pm

slicker wrote:
    Don't restart the naming of a stand thread. I thought that had stopped when TS was suggesting a tribute to a former Chairman and didn't take kindly to Bill's Big End being proposed.

S.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm

town supporter wrote:
    slicker wrote:

S.
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Woods = Gazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza

S.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:03 pm

Harrogate Town missing a trick here - half time on non-league day the moaners of the forum battle it out in a penalty shootout for charity!! Infact should be moaners against patronizers!
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:57 am

trevdee wrote:Harrogate Town missing a trick here - half time on non-league day the moaners of the forum battle it out in a penalty shootout for charity!! Infact should be moaners against patronizers!
    Not enough space on the pitch for them all!

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:14 am

trevdee wrote:Harrogate Town missing a trick here - half time on non-league day the moaners of the forum battle it out in a penalty shootout for charity!! Infact should be moaners against patronizers!
    Trevdee, I’d be all for a penalty shoot out for charity. I would expect the moaners to win quite comfortably though. The patronisers would more than likely go overboard with Pirlo-esque attempts at humiliating the moaners by relying on the moaners goalkeeper to dive to one side and then dink the ball straight down the middle. This is unlikely to fool the moaners goalkeeper though and coupled with the moaners common sense approach to directing their penalties low into the corners, the moaners would take the glory. The patronisers would then attempt to engage the moaners in some patronising post-match analysis before heading off home to reflect on the error of their ways.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:24 am

Or what would be better is to put the moaners in front of Simon and Macca and explain their frustrations about the squad face to face?

The problem is that too many people who complained are too scared to state their opinions face to face. I'm sure Simon and Macca would be more than happy to field questions.

I certainly would ask a few, as would Trevdee and Town Supporter.

Maybe they should set up a fans Q & A?
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:Or what would be better is to put the moaners in front of Simon and Macca and explain their frustrations about the squad face to face?

The problem is that too many people who complained are too scared to state their opinions face to face. I'm sure Simon and Macca would be more than happy to field questions.  

I certainly would ask a few, as would Trevdee and Town Supporter.

Maybe they should set up a fans Q & A?
    Possibly a good idea for the Supporters Club to do. I'll look in to it. Apart from "The Mangement" Laughing , I know that a few players would be happy to do this kind of thing.

It would ONLY be open to Supporters Club Members though Wink 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:34 am