Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

TheNeil29

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s - Page 2 Empty Re: Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:42 am

gedmaloney wrote:
    TheNeil29 wrote:I do agree with your views TS, but we are all going to have different opinions on how things can be improved. It would be relatively modest, but it would increase the awareness of the football club. It wouldnt be difficult to produce 1000/1500 flyers and post them in shops in the local town, in my opinion.

It is clearly apparent that ever since Irving took over, we have improved year on year, the facilities have improved year on year, the quality of the playing staff has improved year on year. The staff we have at the club most other clubs in our division do not possess, the setup that we also have will be the envy of a lot of teams in our division.

It is now time for Simon and his team that he has assembled to show us what they are capable of. I have certainly heard the right noises coming out from the Players and Staff, but it's now time for them to stand up and be counted, starting with 3 points at Oxford on Saturday.

3 points would be tremendous but make no mistake Oxford are no mugs - a draw would be a cent result but the performance is of more interest:affraid: 
    I have to disagree there Ged. It is known that their owner is a big time player on Wall Street in America, but I look at their squad, and I look at our squad, and we are stronger in every department. If we are realistically going to aim for Promotion, we need to start the season strongly, starting on Saturday.

Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s - Page 2 Empty Re: Vauxhall Game - Free for Under 18s

Post by Guest on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:16 am

In the main, away from home it’s less about the performance and more about the result. The onus is on the home team to perform, it’s Simon’s job to prepare the team so that this doesn’t happen. Play offs is a realistic target. Town should be looking to come away with 3 points, although a draw wouldn’t be a disaster.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:21 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I do agree with your views TS, but we are all going to have different opinions on how things can be improved. It would be relatively modest, but it would increase the awareness of the football club. It wouldnt be difficult to produce 1000/1500 flyers and post them in shops in the local town, in my opinion.

It is clearly apparent that ever since Irving took over, we have improved year on year, the facilities have improved year on year, the quality of the playing staff has improved year on year. The staff we have at the club most other clubs in our division do not possess, the setup that we also have will be the envy of a lot of teams in our division.

It is now time for Simon and his team that he has assembled to show us what they are capable of. I have certainly heard the right noises coming out from the Players and Staff, but it's now time for them to stand up and be counted, starting with 3 points at Oxford on Saturday.

Hi Trev - had to pick you up on one point  "It wouldn't be difficult to produce 1000 flyers and post them in shops" - believe me these things are never straightforward, and a number of people have had to give up a fair bit of personal time to get the A2 posters sorted - big thank you particularly to Geoff Riley, Peter Arnett and our graphic designer - they have moved heaven and earth to hit the deadline.

nb. this e-mail is NOT meant as personal criticism, more an appreciation for those putting in hours of unpaid work for the love of their club - I would not want them to be taken for granted:)
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Lets not start making excuses before the season even starts! With the strength of our squad (and its depth), football league standard training regime (see the club site), and loads of development on and off the pitch, we shouldn't be afraid of expecting a win on Saturday. Of course things are never that easy, and I would (reluctantly) accept a draw. A defeat would not be a disaster re: league campaign (we are bound to lose some games), but would knock some of the stuffing out of the 'feel good' mood we are all feeling right now.

More crucial is Tuesday and next Saturday, setting the mood at home is vital. A week on Saturday a minimum of 6 points please, ideally 7. 3 against VM (essential), and a win against either Oxford or Ferriby plus a draw.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:28 pm

paulstreet wrote:Lets not start making excuses before the season even starts!  With the strength of our squad (and its depth), football league standard training regime (see the club site), and loads of development on and off the pitch, we shouldn't be afraid of expecting a win on Saturday.  Of course things are never that easy, and I would (reluctantly) accept a draw. A defeat would not be a disaster re: league campaign (we are bound to lose some games), but  would knock some of the stuffing out of the 'feel good' mood we are all feeling right now.

More crucial is Tuesday and next Saturday, setting the mood at home is vital. A week on Saturday a minimum of 6 points please, ideally 7.  3 against VM (essential), and a win against either Oxford or Ferriby plus a draw.  

Agreed - much more sensible to look at a review after 10 games - so what do supporters feel success would look like in terms of points won in those 1st 10 games - this may then stop getting carried away / manically depressed if we won or lose the 1st 2 games.Basketball 
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Blimey, Ive just been on the Oxford City website, at least I think it was, it read more like a page of the Financial Times or an ill-digested Business Studies module! Than God Irving doesn't talk like that.
    Go and have a look, give yourself a good laugh. The Chief Executive Officer is from Peru and is big on 'leverering' apparently (whatever that means). Well I guess they will either be in League One in 5 years or be out of business when the South Florida people lose interest. Its either funny or tragic, can't decide which!
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:53 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    paulstreet wrote:Lets not start making excuses before the season even starts!  With the strength of our squad (and its depth), football league standard training regime (see the club site), and loads of development on and off the pitch, we shouldn't be afraid of expecting a win on Saturday.  Of course things are never that easy, and I would (reluctantly) accept a draw. A defeat would not be a disaster re: league campaign (we are bound to lose some games), but  would knock some of the stuffing out of the 'feel good' mood we are all feeling right now.

More crucial is Tuesday and next Saturday, setting the mood at home is vital. A week on Saturday a minimum of 6 points please, ideally 7.  3 against VM (essential), and a win against either Oxford or Ferriby plus a draw.  
    Agreed - much more sensible to look at a review after 10 games - so what do supporters feel success would look like in terms of points won in those 1st 10 games - this may then stop getting carried away / manically depressed if we won or lose the 1st 2 games.Basketball 
    Well it is going to be tough first 10 games but if we keep injury and suspensions to a minimum then there is no reason why we can't aim for 20 points from 30....tall order but with our squad and ambition then it should be realistic. But also not a disaster if we get less points but stay within touching distance of top5 (this season I don't think there will be a runaway train).

On the point regarding the flyers, I too don't want to take the credit away, there are some volunteers at Harrogate that go above and beyond
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:08 pm

trevdee wrote:Well it is going to be tough first 10 games but if we keep injury and suspensions to a minimum then there is no reason why we can't aim for 20 points from 30....tall order but with our squad and ambition then it should be realistic. But also not a disaster if we get less points but stay within touching distance of top5 (this season I don't think there will be a runaway train).
    Looking back over the past few seasons, it looks like 2 points from 3 is about the level you need to get to for automatic promotion. Some have got promoted with less, some have got more (but didn't necessarily need them.

However, if they can do it, so can we...........cheers 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:19 am