Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 In, 1 out

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

3 In, 1 out Empty 3 In, 1 out

Post by JackHTFC on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:54 pm

Busy deadline day at Town signing 3:Alex Metcalfe, Jon Maloney and Danny Hull.
    Also, I believe an attempt was made to sign an Former Australian U-19, who I think is called Griffin, however international Clarence could not be gain.

Unfortunately, Dom Knowles has gone to Burton Albion. Sad
    trevdee
    trevdee

3 In, 1 out Empty Re: 3 In, 1 out

Post by trevdee on Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:48 pm

Doesn't surprise me about Knowles, it was always a case of when not if.

If he reads this I would just like to thank him for his goals and been instrumental in helping us to get where we are in the table...I do hope we see him back at the CNG in the future, but also wish him well at Burton.
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:42 pm

trevdee wrote:Doesn't surprise me about Knowles, it was always a case of when not if.

If he reads this I would just like to thank him for his goals and been instrumental in helping us to get where we are in the table...I do hope we see him back at the CNG in the future, but also wish him well at Burton.

Echo that, hope he goes far
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:37 pm

JackHTFC wrote:Busy deadline day at Town signing 3:Alex Metcalfe, Jon Maloney and Danny Hull.
    Also, I believe an attempt was made to sign an Former Australian U-19, who I think is called Griffin, however international Clarence could not be gain.

Unfortunately, Dom Knowles has gone to Burton Albion. Sad

i bet this has sent shivers down the spines of Halifax and Altrincham Crying or Very sad is this the best we could do?
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Well we already know Maloney isn't good enough at this level............For me, he was part of a squad that got drubbed week in and week out so shouldn't even get on a Town team sheet.......I saw enough of him to know he doesn't cut it and offers nothing to our squad!
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:29 pm

trevdee wrote:Well we already know Maloney isn't good enough at this level............For me, he was part of a squad that got drubbed week in and week out so shouldn't even get on a Town team sheet.......I saw enough of him to know he doesn't cut it and offers nothing to our squad!

Oh dear just what i didn't want to hear Mad
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:14 pm

I am hoping that Weaver's lack of experience meant Town failed to utilize him properly.....maybe some of the Railway regulars could give us an update?
    htown

Post by htown on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:22 pm

Is alex metcalfe the ex bradford city scholer? If i'm correct he's very small and unlikely to hack it at any level near this. He's technically good so that may be why he was described as a contender but against a nasty opponent i cannot see him competing. I could be wrong.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:25 pm

You are probably not wrong....you need a be a strong bugger at this level and on these pitches. Well lets hope the boy wonder from Chelsea can get fit and do a job
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:38 am

htown wrote:Is alex metcalfe the ex bradford city scholer? If i'm correct he's very small and unlikely to hack it at any level near this. He's technically good so that may be why he was described as a contender but against a nasty opponent i cannot see him competing. I could be wrong.

Can't find anything on Google Rolling Eyes

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:07 am

So that's Tad's son and now Ged's son in the squad too ...

Always thought Maloney was a good player, technically very good but not suited to playing upfront where he'd get pushed about. I'd prefer to see him playing just behind the front players where he'd be more of a threat.
    Superfan100

Post by Superfan100 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 am

Alex metcalf is only 17 one for the future I think, good technical player.
    Martin L

Post by Martin L on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:27 am

nice to have you on board superfan100.
    htown

Post by htown on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:24 am

If he is only 17 you have to ask why he was released from Bradford City before the end of his scholership. Not good enough to play in Bradford's academy yet battling for a place in Harrogate Town's first team.....pointless signing.
    htown

Post by htown on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:41 am

Does anyone know what Burton's plans are for Knowles? Can we not loan him back if things don't go quite to plan or he is seen as a one for a few years time?
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:01 pm

They are viewing him as a player who can come into their squad straight away. Doubtful loan deal will be available (but never say never!)

Kind regards,

Peter
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:35 pm

Oh Exciting

So upset we have lost Knowles... forgive me for being negative but with Tom P and him gone i tihnk our hopes of promotion this season are all but over but it will be intreting to see who we bring in
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:57 pm

Well we can live with chibs and beesley up front but we need creativity behind them.......they certainly don't have the twinkle that Knowles brought but if Woods can get fit and find form and play in behind them we will create chances and they can find the net. We should have had Knowles on a contract, it is sickening when your best player goes for free.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 pm

doubt we will be bringing any one in now, goodbye play offs, Mad 17 year olds are not going to get us anywhere we needed experience players, can you honestly say these 3 players will boost the squad for the last push because i don't, last week i was full of hope now i just despair Crying or Very sad at the end of this season we will lose our best players more than likely to Halifax Crying or Very sad
    TooManyPies

Post by TooManyPies on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:09 pm

Sad to see Knowles go but he was always here to put himself in the shop window for a league club. As far as I'm concerned if more players want to do this at Town they are more than welcome because it has clearly been mutually beneficial. As for the 3 signed it would appear to be an element of quantity over quality. Things are going to get very hectic so all hand on deck!
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:15 pm

rangerider wrote:doubt we will be bringing any one in now, goodbye play offs, Mad 17 year olds are not going to get us anywhere we needed experience players, can you honestly say these 3 players will boost the squad for the last push because i don't, last week i was full of hope now i just despair Crying or Very sad at the end of this season we will lose our best players more than likely to Halifax Crying or Very sad

Just what we need - the Dunkirk spirit affraid affraid
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:22 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    rangerider wrote:doubt we will be bringing any one in now, goodbye play offs, Mad 17 year olds are not going to get us anywhere we needed experience players, can you honestly say these 3 players will boost the squad for the last push because i don't, last week i was full of hope now i just despair Crying or Very sad at the end of this season we will lose our best players more than likely to Halifax Crying or Very sad

Just what we need - the Dunkirk spirit affraid affraid

no what we needed was experience players who can play in this league i could say great signings but i would be lying just being realistic
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:44 pm

trevdee wrote:Well we can live with chibs and beesley up front but we need creativity behind them.......they certainly don't have the twinkle that Knowles brought but if Woods can get fit and find form and play in behind them we will create chances and they can find the net. We should have had Knowles on a contract, it is sickening when your best player goes for free.

Dominic didn't want to sign a contract at this level. Burton had been watching him for quite a while so its no surprise that he has gone.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:58 pm

HTAFC Press Officer wrote:
    trevdee wrote:Well we can live with chibs and beesley up front but we need creativity behind them.......they certainly don't have the twinkle that Knowles brought but if Woods can get fit and find form and play in behind them we will create chances and they can find the net. We should have had Knowles on a contract, it is sickening when your best player goes for free.

Dominic didn't want to sign a contract at this level. Burton had been watching him for quite a while so its no surprise that he has gone.

so which players are not on contracts? so we know whose going to leave next
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:06 pm

rangerider wrote:
    HTAFC Press Officer wrote:

so which players are not on contracts? so we know whose going to leave next

I'm afraid that is between the club and player. Until the club or the player releases information on his contract then it will not be made public domain. Sorry.

Kind regards,

Peter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 am