Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+7
htown
trevdee
nztownfan
JackHTFC
Grantman
nobby99
paulstreet
11 posters

Prospects for Saturday?

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Prospects for Saturday? Empty Prospects for Saturday?

Post by paulstreet Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 pm

Anyone have a realistic idea for the chances of Saturday's game (and the big 're-launch') going ahead? Its snowing now, but the weather forecast for tomorrow/Friday is for milder, dryer weather, which sounds hopeful.
    If my maths are right there are 11 Saturdays left in the regular seasson and we have 21 games (half a season!) left to play. So not quite 3 games a week territory yet, but getting close to it.
    Really want this game on Saturday, I'll be in Madrid on Tuesday so will miss that game.
    nobby99

Prospects for Saturday? Empty Re: Prospects for Saturday?

Post by nobby99 Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

I would think the prospects are zilch if the muppets haven't got the covers on. Am I repeating myself here??

Grantman

Post by Grantman Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:07 pm

nobby99 wrote:I would think the prospects are zilch if the muppets haven't got the covers on. Am I repeating myself here??

Yes you are geezer and you are becoming a boring b@@@@@d - if people had said no covers and they are the experts, most other people would listen to them! There is a reason why the covers aren't on - live with it and stop whinging like a girl.

Change the record or do one!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:30 pm

It's snowing a bit at half 4,

Is mother nature a railway fan?
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Been in Ripon snowing badley all day....

Well no games in the holidays again -_-
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:06 pm

It is starting to thaw then I think we get some sunshine....all will be well!

From what I heard about the work on the pitch, it should be able to cope now, but obviously if it snows/rains until sat then we may have a problem but so would most pitches.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Grantman wrote:
    nobby99 wrote:I would think the prospects are zilch if the muppets haven't got the covers on. Am I repeating myself here??

Yes you are geezer and you are becoming a boring b@@@@@d - if people had said no covers and they are the experts, most other people would listen to them! There is a reason why the covers aren't on - live with it and stop whinging like a girl.

Change the record or do one!

Change the record or do one - that's not very harrogate of you. If you're not careful translator will be back on here and reporting you to the relevant authorities! And, geezer, please, does anyone actually talk like this? It's quite annoying. Right then I'm off to do one.
    htown

Post by htown Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 pm

hahaahaahahaha i actually laughed at that i miss tranlator. The FA police will take action against you for comments made on a private forum. What a legend. I do agree though a bit threatening for a fan forum. What a 'geezer' though saying it how it is takes a true 'geezer' to speak so directly.
    rangerider
    rangerider

Post by rangerider Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Geezer is a southern thing like jellied eels and overpriced flat beer Very Happy
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:24 pm

That's exactly what it is. I was born and raised in the East End of London and geezer is said all the time. so get used to it. I moved up here two years ago to marry a young lady from Knaresborough.

The forum police - how old are you!
    nztownfan
    nztownfan

Post by nztownfan Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:36 am

Where you from Marra? I have family in the east end Smile

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:55 am

Grantman wrote:That's exactly what it is. I was born and raised in the East End of London and geezer is said all the time. so get used to it. I moved up here two years ago to marry a young lady from Knaresborough.

The forum police - how old are you!

I can't believe that any of us from Knaresborough would get as far as London so now you really are pulling my leg. Reference to the relevant authorities is something our fellow poster on here 'translator' warned a few of us about, specifically me, as he didn't agree with my rather negative points of view. Shame on me! Translator doesn't appear to post much at the moment which is a shame because after his initial dislike of me, I sensed some mutual respect developing! Perhaps his one downside was his enjoyment of overpriced bottled beer, but no-one's perfect are they geezer?
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 am

Well then geezer it would appear that not everyone from Knaresborough is as narrow minded as you are. Some people like to explore the big wide world.

I have no idea who this translator person you bang on about is although it does sound like you make a lovely couple - I can recommend a few decent haunts to go to should you both go on a date.

Speak for yourself about perfection geezer. Some of us know the truth.
    Grantman

Post by Grantman Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:10 am

nztownfan wrote:Where you from Marra? I have family in the east end Smile

Sorry geezer missed your post, too busy answering the other one. Been a while since I've been called marra! Raised in Poplar to answer your question.

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:29 am

Back to the topic! Snow is disappearing rapidly here in Leeds and in Harrogate too I guess. Two dry, sunny days forecast with temperatures of 9 or 10 degrees. Hopefully the 'repaired' pitch will have time to recover before Saturday.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:45 am

Told you all not to worry..........Now i'm sure if the weather stays like this we will be watching a game. The water should be able to drain properly now so that's a couple of days for the drainage and to sort out the really soft parts (touchlines).
    nobby99

Post by nobby99 Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am

Well Grantman/'geezer' you sound like a bit of a Southern Softie to me, and I don't know what 'doing one' is anyway.

I'm not really blaming anyone at the club, just the quality of advice being given - maybe we should get a second opinion. I know new turf needs to 'breathe', but when we have a situation like yesterday which was well forecast ie snow/rain/thaw, putting the covers on for 24 hours might be sensible. Realise it isn't straightforward to take large covers on and off, but I live locally and I'm sure others would help. However if the pitch can't stand anyone just walking on it then we're in trouble.

However its a bit late now, everywhere is saturated. Lets hope for a couple of sunny dry days and a miracle sunny

Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:42 am

Grantman you must be forever blowing bubbles if you are an Eastender!! I spent many happy years teaching in Barking & Dagenhan & Redbridge while of course supporting London's best in
    the late 80's early 90's THE ARSENAL Laughing COME ON YOU SULPHURITES

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Grantman wrote:
    nztownfan wrote:Where you from Marra? I have family in the east end Smile

Sorry geezer missed your post, too busy answering the other one. Been a while since I've been called marra! Raised in Poplar to answer your question.

Just for clarification, did you mean to say 'raised with bi-polar' or raised in poplar?
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:26 pm

I have sent a private message to the club with regards to this thread, requesting that this thread is looked at more closely.

Offensive language/insults, in anyway, shape or form, should not be tolerated on this forum.

It is a website where everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is a line to be drawn, and in my opinion, it's just been crossed. Taking into context the message from Town Supporter at 1:16PM stating:

'Just for clarification, did you mean to say 'raised with bi-polar' or raised in poplar?'

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 pm

TheNeil29 wrote:I have sent a private message to the club with regards to this thread, requesting that this thread is looked at more closely.

Offensive language/insults, in anyway, shape or form, should not be tolerated on this forum.

It is a website where everyone is entitled to their opinion, but there is a line to be drawn, and in my opinion, it's just been crossed. Taking into context the message from Town Supporter at 1:16PM stating:

'Just for clarification, did you mean to say 'raised with bi-polar' or raised in poplar?'

Very commendable of you Neil. Translator would be most impressed! No wonder the stand up acts in harrogate fall flat with you laugh a minutes around!

I really do take my bat and ball home this time. This forum has become far too tiresome.

Taddio
    htown

Post by htown Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Which is why i believe Grantman was wrong. It's a fans forum and if Nobby99 wants to voice his opinion about the pitch he is entitled to. One of the joys of a fan forum is that you can vent your frustration and should be able to do so without being told to 'do one'. In all fairness the club can not really do anything but lock the thread or ban a forum member. I agree that there is a line Neil but the joys of our society is that we can say and do what we want as long as it is not considered criminal.
    Ball and Socket

Post by Ball and Socket Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 pm

Come on Neil29. Its says on your profile that your sense of humour is dry. It appears to be that dry that you could be of infinite use on our pitch!! Let Town Supporter voice his opinion/humour. There was no malice intended on his part and his joke got some of us having a little chortle to ourselves. Laughing Laughing Laughing Happy days.
    gedmaloney

Post by gedmaloney Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 pm

rangerider wrote:Geezer is a southern thing like jellied eels and overpriced flat beer Very Happy

Agh! The days of CHas and DAve and those wonderful lyrics - rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc etc affraid

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:16 pm

gedmaloney wrote:
    rangerider wrote:Geezer is a southern thing like jellied eels and overpriced flat beer Very Happy

Agh! The days of CHas and DAve and those wonderful lyrics - rabbit, rabbit, rabbit etc etc affraid

Cor blimey, I'm cream crackered and hank marvin. At least the trouble and strife will do me a ruby murray before I get her up the apples and pears.

Feel sorry for that Geezer bloke, must have a bad case of the Shetland Isles, or is it the Rockford Files. Still, I'm sure all will be well after a King Lear down the rub a dub dub, although I prefer a glass of Acker Bilk or a cup of North Sea.

Fingers crossed for a 3 o'clock Paul Dickov on Saturday.

S.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:48 pm