Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Guiseley v Town

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Guiseley v Town Empty Guiseley v Town

Post by sulphurite on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Unable to make the game tonight:

Currently 1-0 down at half time.

I would be happy with a point, but Guiseley are a form team (regardless of the last 2 games) and sit in 3rd place.

Smelemon
    Smelemon

Guiseley v Town Empty Re: Guiseley v Town

Post by Smelemon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Can't complain, saw it coming, in fact I'm suprised it's only 1 nil. Not expecting a draw though, Guiseley will easily take the 3 points
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:09 pm

And now it's 2-0, game over
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Smelemon wrote:And now it's 2-0, game over

have to agree, Guiseley are the better team and it looks like another season of struggling to stay in the league for us. I hope things improve.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

and adding to make matters worse, Veiga comes off injured and Nowakowski goes in goal. Not looking good for Town
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Smelemon wrote:and adding to make matters worse, Veiga comes off injured and Nowakowski goes in goal. Not looking good for Town

Concerned about Viega, seems like it could be quite bad, hope he is Ok, and not out for long... why didnt we have a goalie on the bench?
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon on Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Your guess is as good as mine, I'm sure we signed a keeper called McGilvary but not on the bench for some reason. Quite odd
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:32 am

To be fair not many teams at our level seem to use one of their subs as a keeper these days, lets hope Viega is OK, still in hospital it would seem, could be out for a while.
    Yorkshire Yankee

Post by Yorkshire Yankee on Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Tough game! We huffed and puffed, but couldn't put the ball in the back of the net. Seems to be one of the issues right now - we are getting the ball in the box, but never in a position to shoot. There was allot more effort in this game than Saturday. And, maybe if Chib's goal would have crossed the line, the out-come could have been different. But, it seems we got out footballed during large chunks of this game.
    D. Sam and MM Merris had acres of space in front of them with no support going forward or in defense. D. Sam, when you get the ball in the box, hit the damn thing. You have a sweet right foot, scare the keeper. MM give him some pointers.
    Big Al and 'Black and Blue' together again, GREAT, but no protection in front of them. (see below) Note: Big Al was lucky to stay on the pitch. After the game against Oxford, he has to know we cannot afford to loose him for any games.
    Bolder and Bolland - where have you gone. Bolland was a step behind the action, and the Rock just seems to disappear during the game. Need them back to provide the link between the back and front.
    The Dean - can only hope that he has hit a bit of a wall with all the running he has done in the first two months of the season.
    Silver Surfer - might need a rest. Passing was labored (in fact it was for the team as a whole).
    Leon - again, maybe lack of fitness is catching up.
    The Big Chill - few real chances. Ball was always above his shoulders, and not at his feet where he needs it.
    Meech - stirred things up when he came on. It was good to see him creating around the pitch.
    Adam Knowitcowski - for some reason he is the twelth man. He always gives it all, but again this was a very pacey game.
    Keeper V. - No new word on his condition, but hope all is well. At the begining of the season, I had my doubts. But now I am a true believer. His shot stopping reactions may not be as quick as Cookies, but his game management and positioning far surpasses Cook's. And when he comes off the line, he is committed.
    Weaver and Co. - we know we can play football. We saw it for a whole month (unfortunatly it was on the road). The team needs to get it back, because the natives are getting restless. While the effort was there last night, it was not a TEAM effort. Good Luck on Saturday. Keep Pushin..........

Where oh where has Radcliffe gone?? After last season, deserves more than 45 minutes.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Firstly I would just like to say that I hope Veiga makes a speedy recovery.

My observations from last night is that we look really lethargic, as if we play 3 games a week. These guys are getting paid so surely have a responsibility to keep themselves fit. Bolder and Bolland were passengers, they were second to every ball and we didn't even bother to compete for the second balls. Guiseley were good, but I didn't think they were great, defiantly there for the taking - our problem is if we perform like this we wont be taking any points.

I haven't got a clue what happened to our defense, it was mainly dis-jointed due to Samuels going walkabouts on numerous occasions and no one covering him. I recall one moment when he ended up wandering to left back position leaving a huge hole and they exploited it. On the positive side to Samuels, he was our outlet or shoud I say our saving grace in the second half, absolutely dominated the right wing and caused some problems to their defense.

I would conclude from this performance and last Saturday that we need to change things around. Drop Osbourne, possibly even release him, drop Elam, drop Bolder (really did look like Sean Bean from "when saturday comes" after a skinfull). Lets revert back to 4-4-2, include the new lad upfront to support Chibs and get Meecham back in there. I would try Samuels at right midfield and find a suitable replacement at right back - perhaps give Radcliffe a go there??
    princes town

Post by princes town on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

West Auckland were beaten by Bedlington tonight 4-2. Highlights below

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... r_embedded

Last edited by princes town on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:31 am

Radcliffe has joined BPA on a months loan
    HTAFC Press Officer
    HTAFC Press Officer

Post by HTAFC Press Officer on Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 am

trevdee wrote:Radcliffe has joined BPA on a months loan

Close, but not quite:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]