Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Sat 24 March: Workington [Home]

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Sat 24 March: Workington [Home] Empty Sat 24 March: Workington [Home]

Post by ChrisM on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 am

Absolutely massive game on Saturday, a real 6 pointer. Lets hope the lads are up for this one.

Lets get behind the team and make some noise, god knows they need a 12th man! Like a Star @ heaven
    Big Lundy

Sat 24 March: Workington [Home] Empty Re: Sat 24 March: Workington [Home]

Post by Big Lundy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am

A BIG crowd expected for this one!
    Shocked
    Could catch a few out on the predictions league!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Wink
    Looking @ the fixtures it could also be the last decent gate of the season!

paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:24 am

I repeat what I said on another strand: this is MASSIVE and, no matter how fed up with Town, the manager etc. you are NEED TO BE THERE
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:01 am

I wonder what the attendance will be?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:13 am

Hope we might get 500. 60 or 70 from Workington maybe, they know its a big game as well.
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:22 am

Harrogate Town Forum
    Two Weavers? You are having a laugh....
    FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Register

Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in Games Calendar

COMPULSORY UPGRADE!!! Request for an upgrade NOW! 32+ Pre-installed Modifications! 3 Server Locations to choose from: USA, UK and JAPAN.
    Workington!

Harrogate Town Forum Forum Index -> General Harrogate Town Football Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic

Big Lundy
    Rogerio Carvalho

:

Items
    Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:30 pm Post subject: Workington!

Workington fans @ the CNG last season!

A lot more riding on this result compared to last season!

Might bring a few down with them again en all!

CLUBTOWNFAN
    Mick McNaughton

:

Items
    Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:23 pm Post subject:

Kev's birthday could be a messy day for him. Worky are a good bunch and will probably bring a few.

Doggy
    Lee Philpott

:

Items
    Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 am Post subject:

CLUBTOWNFAN wrote:
    Kev's birthday could be a messy day for him. Worky are a good bunch and will probably bring a few.

I understand it was a bit messy down @ Eastwood, Toilet, Pants, Dyno Rod or something along those lines. Mind I suppose it wouldn't harm us we had that out of order Toilet @ the Hospital End for long enough!

Big Lundy
    Rogerio Carvalho

:

Items
    Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:32 pm Post subject:

A plain yellow & black design next season might stand out better!
    Need fans to print them off & pin them up if we are going to make the most of this idea!!!!
    Chelsea v Tottenham @ 12.45 in the
    before the match!

Harrogate Town Forum Forum Index -> General Harrogate Town Football Discussion
    All times are GMT + 1 Hour
    Page 1 of 1
    Jump to:

You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

Tag Cloud
    • Notebook Computers
    • Web Designers
    • Server
    • Notebooks
    • Web Server
    • Sample corporate minutes
    • Hosting Company
    • Laptop Computer
    • Web Server
    • Indexing
    • Laptop Computer
    • Sample corporate minutes
    • Web hosting companies
    • Hosting Company
    • Web hosting companies
    • Server
    • Notebook Computers
    • Web Designers

FREE FORUM HOSTING by AtFreeForum. Terms of Service - Privacy Policy
    FASHION ACCESSORIES - BLING BLING - LADIES WATCHES - KOREAN CHILDREN CLOTHING - ONLINE BARGAIN STORE - FASHION JEWELLERIES

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:00 am

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:24 am

Lets hope this is a good game. 2 more night shifts to go then its the big day.

Oh..........harrogate town
    You lift me up/when I am down!
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:23 pm

ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:55 pm

Ugh.

Kick in the balls, joke of a red card, their keeper should have been sent off, we were dire, first half was appalling, second a bit better but we didn't create.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:41 pm

ChrisM wrote:Ugh.

Kick in the balls, joke of a red card, their keeper should have been sent off, we were dire, first half was appalling, second a bit better but we didn't create.

Have to agree, utter garbage, played like it was Sunday league and made Workington look like, well, Brazil.. to quote a well used cliche!!!

Players need to step up and the manager needs to play the team in the right position, it's not rocket science and some fans know more about this than Simon, ok, we don't know the insider stuff, but for F***s sake get it sorted or we are going down.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:37 pm

Relegation is quickly becoming a certainty, we had to win this game, there's no way we can survive in this league if we are losing against workington and vauxhall AT HOME Mad changes need to be made fast, we're only a few points from relegation, and to be honest, I'm not at all confident that we can stay up anymore. It's an absolutely massive game against worcester next week, it's one of our last genuine chances of staying up, the fixtures in April do not look easy, and hinckley and vauxhall are starting to look dangerous. It's simply too close for comfort, it truly shines a light on Weavers' standard, these past few seasons have been quite frankly poor, if we stay up for next season, big changes have to be made, or else I'm crying Weaver out.
    trevdee
    trevdee

Post by trevdee on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:53 am

Yesterday was an absolute joke, the team was set up from the off to play narrow long ball football and Workington's centre halfs were in their element mopping everything up whilst we had 2 perfectly good wingers sat on the bench. Weaver should have made the changes after 10 minutes, it was obvious from the start that the tactics were going to fail.The best chance we have in this league is to get the ball down, pass and use the wings, surely even Weaver must have learnt something over the past few seasons,yet he still favors changing the team week in week out, playing players out of position, playing pub team football.He doesn't have a clue, he doesn't know how to manage his players and he certainly will get Harrogate relegated, if not this season, then next!!

As for the red card, it was a disgrace, but if Alan shut his mouth on every decision then he would have stayed on. I never heard such a foul mouthed chav in all my life, and the linesman did say " I will get you back for calling me a c**t!" I'm not even sure why lots of you like Alan, he has no quality that I have witnessed, I'm just glad he will be suspended for a few games.
    ChrisM
    ChrisM

Post by ChrisM on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:56 am

The pre match mood at the CNG stadium was hopeful, the fans and players knowing how important this match is for both teams futures as the season draws to a close. The Workington fans were in good number, and at times good voice, giving some much needed atmosphere at the CNG.

The Workington goal came early in the first half, the ball falling to the Mcluckie who hit a rocket of shot giving cookie no chance.Harrogate lined up in the first half in a very narrow looking formation, looking to play the long ball through Turl for long periods of the first half. This seemed to play to the strengths of Workington, their defenders limiting town to chances from set pieces, and one Turl header which drifted well wide.

Town went into the second half with two substitutions by Weaver, bringing in some much needed width. This seemed to open up the game, and Town were much improved in the second half but could not break down an organised Workington defence. Workington threatened on the counter but Town had the majority of the chances, Pell coming closest with a towering header which went just over the bar. Jonny Allan came on as Town looked for an equaliser, but was back off not long after after a bizzare decision by the referee.

After rising for a header with a defender backing in, Allan had no where to go and fell on the defender. Taking exception to this the Workington Town keeper got the prone Allan by the throat, infront of the match official. As the red card was raised we all thought the keeper had been rightly sent off, however it turned out to be for a bemused Allan. Taking the keeper to the side, the referee spoke at length over the decision with his assistant, and the Workington keeper got away with a yellow, soft punishment for actions not out of place in a Wrestling ring!

Town pressed on, but couldn’t break through the Workington back line, who defended well all game. Workington hit the post late on as Town pressed forward, Pell thrown up as a makeshift striker.

Town probably deserved a point from this game, but hard work can not make up for the lack of quality needed to create or score a goal. Workington were well organised, and Town’s tactics, in the first half especially seemed to play to heir strengths. Lets hope the players can keep their heads up, and look to pick up those last few points needed for survival.

Honorable mention to the Town fans who were in good voice despite the poor performance. I had a blast behind the goal, see you all next week.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 am

Where do you start with that utter shambles. To be honest most of you have already said it. Dreadful beyond belief. The first half really WAS pub football level. Youhill and Elam made a bit of a difference (and why, in God's name, is Turl anywhere near the first team squad?), but we still never looked like scoring. And Workington were NOT very good, they were there for the taking, but they played the only football on Saturday.

To be honest, until Saturday, I never really thought Town were in serious relegation trouble, now I believe we are. As has been said the upcoming fixtures are tough, Worcester still in touch of the play offs will be 'up for it', forget about Droylsden, they always beat us at their place, Boston away...really tough. we could easily be in the bottom three at that stage.

And even if we survive, what confidence can we have in a manager who has so obviously failed for now three seasons? How can (potentially) good players play like rubbish week after week?

In a word: what the bloody hell (pardon the language) is going on?

Don't you CARE Mr Weaver Sr? Or as long as your son has his hobby (ever thought of stamp collecting Simon?), presumably nothing else matters.
    TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:15 pm

If we get relegated, Weaver Senior surely must have to look at the whole situation with his son being in charge.

They should hold another Q&A in the cross bar, with the manager and chairman, but they havent got the balls to, as they know they would be tore apart by the fans.
    Smelemon
    Smelemon

Post by Smelemon on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:54 pm

There is no doubt for me that we'll be watching evo-stik football next season. We have 7 games left to scrap some points, 3 of which are home games, against worcester, blyth and solihull. Worcester are looking a very strong outfit as of late so I doubt we can scrap a winner there, and after losing to vauxhall and workington at home, I'm not too sure we could easily beat solihull. The blyth game seems a genuine chance, but last saturday was the last chance in my opinion that we had to secure this league, especially considering the recent successes of vauxhall and hinckley, I could easily imagine us slipping into that awful 20th spot. There's not a doubt in my mind that we'll lose every away game left, corby colwyn boston and droylsedn away?? I think not. I'd love to be proven wrong, but this league has just been a shambles, weaver needs to sort out his priorities, because he simply cannot manage this club, and that is a fact. But we're stuck with him because of his dear old dad, just brilliant Rolling Eyes I'll be there this saturday, if we win, I think we could be in with a chance of survival, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:48 am

I think we probably need 6 more points to survive: 48 should surely be enough (we were 12th with 50 last season!). Agree that, realistically, we have to forget about the 4 away games: we MAY get one draw out of that, otherwise save the petrol costs on the coach. Blyth and Saturday offer the best hopes of those 2 wins but Worcester are a good team, and although Blyth will probably be relegated by then, I suspect our old friends Armstrong anf Phillips will want to put one over on us!
    I still think we will JUST about survive, and we will then have the grotesque spectacle of SW claiming it as some kind of triumph...what a joke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:23 pm