Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+2
paulstreet
JackHTFC
6 posters

Peter Bore?

JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Peter Bore? Empty Peter Bore?

Post by JackHTFC Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:02 pm

In the programme vs Hyde. The player interview was with Peter Bore and when asked "What does the footballing future hold for Peter Bore?" He replied... “Well, I signed here until January so for the near future enjoying playing and helping Harrogate climb up the table which we are more an capable of. No other plans but when January comes will have see how I’m doing and see what’s happened! In football anything can change over a period of a week. So I’m not thinking about the future just playing the best I can for Harrogate Town.”

Signed till January not long left. Can anyone shed any light on this?
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Peter Bore? Empty Re: Peter Bore?

Post by paulstreet Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:37 pm

I don't know but I expect he is on non-contract terms, I don't think the transfer window applies to our league so I guess he could move to another club at any time. He's not a bad player but hasn't really made the impact I would have expected (like so many others who sign for us!).
    Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 pm

He has done ok in the right full back position recently! He has the pace to push up, but more importantly has the pace to keep the oppositions wingers in check!!!!
    Its learning when to push on & when to hold your position when you play full back!
    John should be able to help him out in that area!!
    Once again it's keeping the players fit to play which is the key!
    We seem to have had a hell of a lot of injuries this season!
    Sad
    Dan_Gleebitz
    Dan_Gleebitz

Location : Harrogate, near the beefburgers (but not the chips)

Post by Dan_Gleebitz Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:04 am

According to the club site he's agreed to stay (I assume until the end of the season)

Arnold Schwarzenegger

And we've signed Robbie Youhill permanently

Katherine Jenkins

Obviously looking for a bit of speed down the flanks
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Dan_Gleebitz wrote:

Obviously looking for a bit of speed down the flanks

What we were lacking at the start.

And does anyone else find it funny how when it is mentioned on here that something suddenly comes up on the website.
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:10 pm

How about the fact that Craig Radcliffe joined as a winger, then went into defence and is now, once again being played on the wing?

He is a good player and has done well I feel, but I do wish the management would sort these things out in pre-season... not now!!!

Seems to me that Simon has played far too many players out of position since his tenure at Town started, will lessons be learned?
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 pm

JackHTFC wrote:

And does anyone else find it funny how when it is mentioned on here that something suddenly comes up on the website.

Actually, amusingly enough, the Pete Bore information arrived 20 mins before I put it on the site, so that was a coincidence!

However, I do generally try to get information for questions raised and once or twice I have asked the management a couple of points raised on here!
    JackHTFC
    JackHTFC

Post by JackHTFC Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:23 am

Big Red Machine wrote:
    JackHTFC wrote:

Actually, amusingly enough, the Pete Bore information arrived 20 mins before I put it on the site, so that was a coincidence!

However, I do generally try to get information for questions raised and once or twice I have asked the management a couple of points raised on here!

Ah, fair enough.

And, Radcliffe has done quite well this season IMO, I think he was playing right-back as cover when Darville left!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 am