Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
paulstreet
yorkbrian
Geoff
sulphurite
8 posters

Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies?

sulphurite
    sulphurite

Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies? Empty Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies?

Post by sulphurite Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:56 am

Where are they? Just 3 lined up and nothing really interesting, most other teams have had at least one game now and we are devoid of any information about further games, if any.

If any more are announced it leaves it a little late for supporters with work commitments etc to arrange transport to away games and i feel this is a little shoddy.

I do fully understand the difficulty for a new management team, but this is one of the most important parts of the season, to see how well the team "gel" together and give trialists a run out, which at this rate will be at the start of the season. Not good enough Embarassed
    Geoff

Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies? Empty Re: Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies?

Post by Geoff Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:28 am

Does anyone know if Town trained yesterday?
    It would be a good gesture by the club if spectators were invited to watch a training / fitness session so that we can see the new players
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies? Empty Re: Harrogate Town Pre-Season Friendlies?

Post by sulphurite Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:38 am

Geoff wrote:Does anyone know if Town trained yesterday?
    It would be a good gesture by the club if spectators were invited to watch a training / fitness session so that we can see the new players

Everything is done behind closed doors, good for the club if keeping a real hot shot player under wraps,
    but for the supporters really annoying No

How many season tickets are sold on the premise that we are going somewhere/have a competitive squad this season?

A little more news please Town?
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:20 am

Long time viewer of the forums but have decided to register to let you know that there is a fourth friendly on the 4th August away at Goole.
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:21 am

Headless chicken here Smile I havn't checked the official website since last Monday, did so today expecting all sorts of updates on friendlies etc...nothing! If we HAVE got a game against Goole couldn't the club tell us. I thought it was supposed to be a new era: family club and all that, pretty silent family is all I can say. Come on guys..communicate with the fans please, not much to ask Rolling Eyes
    sulphurite
    sulphurite

Post by sulphurite Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:35 am

Well, well, thats 2 fixtures not even advertised by the Club, not good policy.

I for one will be unable to attend one of these games due to work commitments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When were they planning on letting the fans know about these? Shambles affraid
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Town v Armthorpe Welfare
    @ The C.N.G. stadium on Tuesday 21st July K.O. 7:30pm

Thats what i read on the other forum... i thought id post it here so everyone gets to know Very Happy
    YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:06 pm

Stocksbridge i think could also be a possability we played them last year in a pre season friendly.
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:13 pm

j2021 wrote:Town v Armthorpe Welfare
    @ The C.N.G. stadium on Tuesday 21st July K.O. 7:30pm

Thats what i read on the other forum... i thought id post it here so everyone gets to know Very Happy

If memory serves, this hasn't been confirmed as concrete by the club - I will check tomorrow and let you all know!
    j2021

Post by j2021 Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:22 pm

Thx big red cheers
    bilton

Post by bilton Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:49 pm

sort it out.........
    yorkbrian
    yorkbrian

Post by yorkbrian Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Ahh interesting take a look at this link

Both this and the Armthorpe game are publicised on this site

So no wonder the club doesn't publicise them too early.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 am

Cheers for that brian, i really cant believe that the club cant even tell the fans when they have a game !!!!!! Its unbelievable!!!!! :O
    Big Red Machine
    Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:20 am

As from official website:

Harrogate Town have confirmed the pre-season friendlies that will be played over the next few weeks.

Saturday 18 July - 3.00pm: Harrogate Railway Away
    Tuesday 21 July - 7.45pm: ARMTHORPE WELFARE HOME
    Thurday 23 July - 7.30pm: LEEDS CARNEGIE HOME
    Saturday 25 July - 3.00pm: North Ferriby United Away
    Wednesday 29 July - 7.00pm: HUDDERSFIELD TOWN XI HOME
    Saturday 1 August - 3.00pm: OSSETT TOWN HOME

As previously announced, admission to the Huddersfield Town game will be £10 Adults, £5 OAPs and £2 Under 15s. The charge for the Armthorpe Welfare, Leeds Carnegie and Ossett Town games will be £5 Adults, £3 OAPs and £2 Under 15s.

As you can see the Goole one has not been confirmed so I have removed this from the banner at present.
    j2021

Post by j2021 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Nice one Big Red !! Thx for clearing everything up for us .. its now on the official site as well .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:02 am