Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Thanks Bill, Welcome Irving

BB

Thanks Bill, Welcome Irving

Post by BB on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:06 am

Just wanted to say a sincere thank you to Bill for all he's done for the club...where would we be without him?

And offer a welcome to Irving in his new capacity.

I managed to catch a couple of radio reports this morning which went along the lines of..

Radio York said it was Irving that had taken over the club.
    Stray FM, yes, an actual report on Stray FM, said the it was Yorkshire buiding firm Strata, which had taken over the club.

I think it was Strata who bought out Weaver Construction, so it seems that Irving has still kept a connection there. I know that Mansells construction is tied in there somewhere as well...doesn't Simon's brother work for Mansells?

Stray FM had Irving talking about communities and the club being sustainable in 3 -4 years.

One of the reports said that if Irving hadn't 'bought' the club, we would have had to drop 2 divisions!...does that sound like Bill was pulling out anyway?

Anyway, exciting times...my only concern will be...what happens if/when Simon moves on? But having said that he'll probably only move if he's successful, and if that's the case we'll share that success.

I've written this on the basis of a couple of snatches of radio reports, which in themselves gave different information, so I dare say more accurate information will be forthcoming.

Meanwhile, lets wish the new regime all the best...and enjoy the ride.
    JackHTFC

Re: Thanks Bill, Welcome Irving

Post by JackHTFC on Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:11 am

2 divisions?!

Wait Weaver Construction, didn't they build Halifaxs new ground?

j2021

Post by j2021 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm

Sounds good to me Smile
    Looks like he wont be plowing money in like Crawley have done, sounds more like hes trying to stabalise the club and try and entice some fans back down the CNG Stadium, which is great and just what we need right now when other clubs are going out of business.

Thanks to Bill hes done great things for this club over my last 10 years watching the club, good to see he'll still be around though Smile

Really hope we can be competitive next season and try challenge for the play-offs, exciting times to be a Town fan !
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:44 am

Phew, you go away for a few days (Suffolk, and very nice too!), and the club changes ownership!

Anyway a BIG thank you to Mr Fotherby for giving us some fantastic years, and let us hope the new regime will be equally successful. Of course there are questions, but I'm just pleased things are now settled. Irving Weaver seems like a decent, level headed guy, and I am looking forward to the new season under new ownership.

TheNeil29

Post by TheNeil29 on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm awaiting the 6th July with great anticipation, as i'm sure a lot of awkward questions will be posed. I have a few myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:00 pm