Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Another Defeat

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Another Defeat Empty Another Defeat

Post by YoungStato123 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Fulltime:
    Guiseley 1 Town 0.
    Where are we going wrong....on the pitch? Anyone who went today..
    Real glad to see Nowakowski start, deserves one. Dropped Bowers too! Brave decision by Weaver, but might of been the correct one. How did Gary King look?

Another Defeat Empty Re: Another Defeat

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Really confused today.

We had a great bench, with Philips,Ellington and Bowey etc. After the first quarter of the game we started to out muscle them, winning the flick on's etc but without really testing their keeper. Thought Pell looked commanding. Then in the second half, we kind of looked like a fighter who had punched himself out and started to cover up more and more. You could sense that we were condeding territory, possession and ultimately they just had to unlock us once.

Having said all that, they didn't look that much better than us (unlike Alfreton)but I don't suppose they will care much looking at the table tonight.

My final verdict on the whole experience (excluding the football), Club house warm and friendly, beer warm and friendly, pie warm and friendly, people warm and friendly, handshake from the Chairman warm and friendly, toilets cold and friendly.

S.

YoungStato123
    YoungStato123

Post by YoungStato123 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:48 pm

Hyde beat Stalybridge 2-1 today. Well well, a fulltime team and their under performing, gotta attack from the word go on Monday! Im pleased with Weavers formation he chose today, i thought it worked at Halifax untill we got the player sent off in first 20 minutes.
    j2021

Post by j2021 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:04 am

cant believe the line-up! Wayne Phillips possibly the best winger in the league on his day cant get in our team! for me i would have Phillips on the left Hadley on the right crossing balls in for Armstrong it was working at the start of the season getting crosses in whys he changed it around, we are far too narrow!
    paulstreet
    paulstreet

Post by paulstreet on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 am

Pleased with the formation? Bloomer as a winger, no Bowey, Phillips, Hadley etc. Defence did pretty well and Pell was excellent, but we never looked like scoring.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:46 pm