Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

F A Trophy Sat

Top Cat

F A Trophy Sat

Post by Top Cat on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:46 pm

Personally I don’t have much time for the trophy I know it’s a great way to see your club at Wembley but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere running costs of home games or expedirture for away games means it’s only worthwhile if you make it to the semi finals, I’d much rather it be regionalised have a North final with same in South then the North V South play for the trophy.

Anyhow what would your team for Saturday be?

I’d go with

Belshaw

Fallowfield
    Langmead
    Lees
    Kitchen

Thompson
    Kerry
    Emmett
    Muldoon

Woods

Williams.

Subs

Cracknall
    Knowles
    Burrell
    Hawkswell
    Perriria

We’re coming up a bit short atm so I’d give the likes of Howe, Burrell, Falkingham,Beck and Leesley have a week off to recharge there battery’s after a busy xmas schedule, also gives the likes of Williams and Woods to have a crack and gives the couple of young lads from our U19s who have been training with the 1st team to be involved with a 1st team match day squad.

But more than likely Weavyola will stick with the same starting 11 as last 2 games.
    Crossan

FA Trophy

Post by Crossan on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Simon Weaver says Gate want to do well in the FA Trophy so I can't see him making many changes to the line up.  Dover had a big strong striker last time we played and if remember correctly he scored both their goals, so can't see Lees in central defence.  As with most supporters I would like to see Williams start, why is he not getting a game apart from coming on late in the game as a Sub??!!!
    WhiteRose11

Re: F A Trophy Sat

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:52 am

Maybe our style of football does not totally suit him and he needs to adapt. When he scored his goals in the league below, if I remember correctly, it was from a very direct approach with him picking up loose balls in the box. He certainly knows where the goal is and when he has come on and scored he has that knack of poaching a goal. It seems it is taking time for him to adapt
    Trainset

Post by Trainset on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 am

Another forward cast adrift. Would of hoped they had thought about his playing style when signing him. Is bizarre he has not had a look in, especially with Knowles getting more time. A trier but nowhere near Williams goalscoring pedigree. Town need goals up front to stop the bad form and he needs to be given match time. Would hope he starts. What a journey for town fans today, hope they get the performance their miles deserve.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Come on lads ‘make my day’
    Crossan

FA Trophy

Post by Crossan on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm

Well as expected again no Williams!!! Cannot understand why this lad does not get a start!! Hope the lads do well, Dover in very good form though, fancy a draw!!
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Like many others, I'm mystified as to why Williams doesn't get a start. Not even on for the final five minutes today. Nevertheless well done lads - only don't let Becky take any more penalties.

Congratulations to our great supporters who made the extremely long trip today.

Effiong is a powerful and pacey striker at this level (three goals against us so far). Try to sign him?
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:46 pm

Don't think we need another striker!

However the LB we were linked with and didn't get as he went to Hartlepool didn't seem to impress their fans according to their forum - "The new left back cannot defend but can attack, who the hell watched him before signing him on loan"

So maybe in Simon we trust to only get players in that can really improve the team

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Well not more of the same, that's for sure. But as the Non-league paper commented last week, our comparatively small squad is a concern, and we are exposed by loosing key players (although there may be some debate on who they are). We could do we more defensive cover on the left, have looked vulnerable down that side in the last month. But above all it may be about psychology, as we tend to blow it on the big occasions which concerns me next Saturday. Forget where we expected to be. We are in the play-off positions, and it may be our best chance for glory for a few seasons. What we need is an icon, a name, a marque signing as a declaration of bold intent. An audacious loan of Patrick Bamford from Leeds to end of season, as they don't seem to need him at the moment (top scorer in Championship 2 years back). Fantasising, I know. But wouldn't that screw Salford!
    Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:32 pm

Well not more of the same, that's for sure. But as the Non-league paper commented last week, our comparatively small squad is a concern, and we are exposed by loosing key players (although there may be some debate on who they are). We could do we more defensive cover on the left, have looked vulnerable down that side in the last month. But above all it may be about psychology, as we tend to blow it on the big occasions which concerns me next Saturday. Forget where we expected to be. We are in the play-off positions, and it may be our best chance for glory for a few seasons. What we need is an icon, a name, a marque signing as a declaration of bold intent. An audacious loan of Patrick Bamford from Leeds to end of season, as they don't seem to need him at the moment (top scorer in Championship 2 years back). Fantasising, I know. But wouldn't that screw Salford!
    Trainset

Post by Trainset on Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:53 pm

Echo

Bamford hahaha. Marquee signing.... Yeah nothing like making the club even more unsustainable than it already is.
    Could really go all out and see if town can lose a million quid this financial year.
    Feck me football fans nowadays, take me back to the 90s when non league was non league.
    Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:21 am

Well, of course not - in the realms of fantasy, they would loan him out of the neighbourly goodness of their hearts, of course. And so fare-fetched? I mean, he might as well be sharpening his pencil, banging them in for us in a competitive fixture than the L***s reserves. The feeder club system works well enough elsewhere.

Now, I don't know what the returns are on promotion (leaving aside issues about the pitch) but, if the figures stack up, back in the real world, is an icon signing (who might add a few hundred to the gate and sell merchandise) such an absurd idea? I'll leave the figures to the Board, who seem to be making a sustainable fist of it (and an old debate).

When league was non-league...? I know, jumpers for goal-posts and all that. Wheel tapers and shunters, mate. You'll be telling me you play Grumbleweeds records mext. Let me take you back to the early eighties and the great Viv Richards venture into village cricket. Let me also take you down to Forrest Green, and you can see first hand where a little ambition can take you. Non-league? At the last count, by my reckoning, there were 27 ex-league teams in the non-league pyramid, which is what makes it all so fascinating, and some of their gates make league 2 clubs look a little sparse on the terraces. All of this can only be good for the game.

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:24 am

Well, of course not - in the realms of fantasy, they would loan him out of the neighbourly goodness of their hearts, of course. And so fare-fetched? I mean, he might as well be sharpening his pencil, banging them in for us in a competitive fixture than the L***s reserves. The feeder club system works well enough elsewhere.

Now, I don't know what the returns are on promotion (leaving aside issues about the pitch) but, if the figures stack up, back in the real world, is an icon signing (who might add a few hundred to the gate and sell merchandise) such an absurd idea? I'll leave the figures to the Board, who seem to be making a sustainable fist of it (and an old debate).

When league was non-league...? I know, jumpers for goal-posts and all that. Wheel tapers and shunters, mate. You'll be telling me you play Grumbleweed's records next. Let me take you back to the early eighties and the great Viv Richards venture into village cricket. Let me also take you down to Forrest Green, and you can see first hand where a little ambition can take you. Non-league? At the last count, by my reckoning, there were 27 ex-league teams in the non-league pyramid, which is what makes it all so fascinating, and some of their gates make league 2 clubs look a little sparse on the terraces. All of this can only be good for the game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:49 am