Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

3 posters

Observations from last few games

Fatrascal

Observations from last few games Empty Observations from last few games

Post by Fatrascal Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:00 pm

No doubt we’re going through a rough patch. 5 defeats in the last 7 games speaks for itself.

However I think the Boss was right to shake things around a few games ago. Some players were looking a bit jaded and stale and after all - that’s what you have a squad for!!

Couple of observations:-

Think falkingham and Kerry are both very good players. However I think they are very similar and seem to occupy the same places on the pitch. I suggest it’s going to have to be one or the other but not both in the same team as it seems to negate our creativity.

Woods looks good in midfield - however he cannot as yet play wide on the right - he keeps drifting inside. When Thompson came on as sub yesterday., the pitch became far wider, we looked far more threatening. We are short of players who can play wide - we only have Leesley and Thompson. Other than the aforementioned I’ve only seen thewliss do a reasonable job out wide. When these wide players don’t play we struggle offensively as the pitch becomes very narrow. Our shape becomes disjointed and we don’t look balanced.

We’ve scored lots of goals from set pieces and corners etc. I think the rest of the teams in the division are beginning to work us out.

Another centre back and left back is high on the wish list if any players are able to be brought in. Additional wide players will be needed if we are ever going to challenge for promotion.

We are making good progress. We’ve shown we can compete with anyone in this league. We’re lacking a bit of confidence at the moment but things should turn in the near future. A bit of luck and these narrow defeats will become wins.
    Wetherby Mike

Observations from last few games Empty Re: Observations from last few games

Post by Wetherby Mike Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Taking your 2 postings together we shouldn' t let recent setbacks spoil what has been a fantastic year - clearly the best in Harrogate's whole history.
    Trainset

Post by Trainset Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Also clearly the most the club has lost each financial year after year but that's football nowadays, money buys success for many and rents the casual fans attendance whilst the good times roll.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:27 pm