Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+3
RayW
GARAGE
Ozzi
7 posters

Fylde at Home

Crossan

Fylde at Home Empty Fylde at Home

Post by Crossan Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:21 pm

Be interesting to see what team Weaver puts out.  In his after match interview he suggested two or three players were not playing as he wanted then to and they would not play, but in his interview pre the Fylde game he seemed to back track on this but still suggested there could be a couple of changes.  He must surely give Williams a game.
    Interesting he said that we were using the long ball at times which he did not like!!!!!  we have been doing this all season especially Howe.  Last season we passed the ball out of defence nearly all the time, Weaver must be watching the games differently to me!!!
    WhiteRose11

Fylde at Home Empty Re: Fylde at Home

Post by WhiteRose11 Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Agree too much long ball all season which cuts out our midfield where we are strongest when it is on the floor.
    I just hope he does not do what a Sunday league Manager does and say it is your turn so irrespective of how you have played or the result you keep playing.
    His team selection will determine whether we really want to be in the playoffs or not.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:30 pm

Simply play to our strengths, play across the floor, and pass thru their defence. If we’d of stuck to that plan on Boxing Day, we would of got our rewards against their big physical defenders.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:23 pm

Think that team selection answers your question WhiteRose. Here’s hoping Joe, Dom + mr consistent Jack Muldoon can come up with big games. Come on Town, make my Day.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:40 pm

After a very poor 1st half performance we really got going in the 2nd and were beaten by what looked like poor officials decisions. Thought their winning goal came because of a well offside decision that i really need to see on the video of the game. We came to life when Beck came on and didn’t deserve to loose. Once again i was disappointed in Knowles and Leesley who’s crosses were generally poor. He still takes too long to cross the ball and more often than not overkicks them.
    Another tough game coming up on Tuesday and I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll end up in the playoffs with Kitching now suspended things not looking good.
    RayW

Post by RayW Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:40 pm

It looks like we will be slipping out of the playoffs . Still perhaps we can’t complain for a team that’s new to this league and at least Irving won’t have to dig up his plastic pitch . Pity though !
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:35 am

Ozzi wrote:Think that team selection answers your question WhiteRose. Here’s hoping Joe, Dom + mr consistent Jack Muldoon can come up with big games. Come on Town, make my Day.

Yes as soon as I saw it I despaired - "if you do the same things expect the same results" so expected a loss with that team selection. My comments for the Eastleigh match could be copied into this one !

We only started after the substitutions.

Do not understand it we have missed a great opportunity by either being nice to give players a game rather than picking the team to win or s because the ground cannot be ready for L2 we don't want to be in a position of not being allowed to be promoted.
    Trainset

Post by Trainset Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:06 am

Been up on family run this Xmas and been to all the games. Think we all would have taken mid table let alone this position at the outset.
    Yes the team disappointingly for my visit seems almost a bit typical of town of old but what a position in the table to be in.
    Couple of observations, the ground why was work not started in the summer when I believe they had planning permission to do the first phase? It seems barely adequate for this division, the debacle of town fans being shunted out of the wetherby road stand and the subsequent queues. Atmosphere is not that great neither.
    Is Thirwell a huge part of their fortunes a good right hand man seems to give some initial kick, remember Vil? As much as Simon is manager the same old issues arise .......wasted and sacrificed forwards Williams being the latest casualty, odd teams selection that gradually breaks squad confidence. We have known Knowles needs everyone else firing around him to score goals for years, he is not the forward to drag a team up and bang them in, if you have any footballing brain you would have seen that for years. Incredible he is in the team ahead of Williams but that's our Simon.
    Townfan82

Post by Townfan82 Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:12 pm

I was at the game yesterday and also listened to the post match interview, I really did not see what Simon spoke about..the team were disjointed! Wood was playing out of position and looked completely lost. Falkingham was ver ineffective and gave them the first penalty. Burrell at right back did nothing that Fallowfield doesn’t do so I don’t understand why he was dropped?? I fear it was the easier option which is a bit cowardly from the manager...Kitching was a disgrace yesterday I was stood near the corner flag and heard what he said to the linesman, regardless of how unjust he felt he should have kept his mouth shut...I feel his frustration could have possibly been down to his own performance which was lacking..yet he still plays every game?
    Thought Beck did really well when he came on just wish Williams could be given more of a chance as Knowles did nothing yesterday. As I see it Simon has his favourites this for me is clear to see..there are some lads out there that will always be the ones who are dropped regardless of other players who have struggled.
    I still maintain that the problems are are not down to one or two individuals but their style or play and some of the players who know no matter whether they play good bad or indifferent will make that team sheet every week!!
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:39 pm

Agree with the previous comments, I thought perhaps Fallowfield was injured?? if not I would have played Burrell at left back. We have conceded a lot of goals down both flanks, the full backs need help as they do get exposed at times.
    I like Langfield he's a solid player and adds height and strength to the defence , this is not to say I don't like Burrell who is good at defending and gives 100%.
    Everyone around me was of the same opinion, Woods was out of position and why was Williams not given a chance!!!

I have watched the Video and the Fylde guy was offside when he received the ball from Rowe, I think the linesman would have thought that he was in his own half when he received the ball but this was not the case.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Sorry, but what I mean't to say was that when Rowe passed the ball to his team mate the linesman thought the guy was in his own half when he received the ball which was not the case, he was in an offside position.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:04 pm

Well it just goes to show how fickle some fans are. We lose three in a row, and you’d think we were on the verge of relegation. We are still in an unbeleivable position, so calm down some of you. It’s the best team we’ve had for years, it’s the highest Leauge we’ve ever played in, and the crowds are beyond anyone’s dreams. We shouldn’t be apprehensive at this point, but buoyant as this group of players will turn the blip we’ve hit around I can assure you. We can start the New Year in style by getting revenge against a hard working Halifax Town. Come on, let’s get behind the lads on Tuesday and show our appreciation of there efforts during the past eighteen months. That’s the least they deserve. Proud to be Town.
    Trainset

Post by Trainset Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Wonder whether 2019 will go ahead or if anyone has asked about the much needed development scheduled and hard fought in planning but then oddly gone all silent on, despite it clearly being needed. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 am