Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

5 posters

Eastleigh Game

Crossan

Eastleigh Game Empty Eastleigh Game

Post by Crossan Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:44 pm

Rather surprised at the team selection today, lone striker Knowles or will Leesley play more forward?? Unless Muldoon is carrying an injury surprised he is on the bench, perhaps Simon has Boxing Day in mind!!  When will he start with Williams!!!
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:06 pm

Ha Ha perhaps I was right Leesley scores after 2 mins!!!
    GARAGE

Eastleigh Game Empty Re: Eastleigh Game

Post by GARAGE Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:30 pm

WE NEED 2 NEW FULLBACKS!!!!!!
    Townfan82

Post by Townfan82 Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 pm

I completely disagree Garage! There are 11 players on that pitch who all play their part in not only the wins but the losses..I would really like to understand how you come to conclusion that they need 2 new fullbacks!!
    I read some of the messages posted in here and instead of coming out with nonsense statements you actually try supporting your team through the losses as well as the wins! I watched the game today and the 2nd goal came from a mistake from the midfield and straight through the middle so to lay blame with the fullbacks makes no sense! Every player will and do have bad games!! We should be celebrating our league position as I for one never expected this in our first season...
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:24 am

Sorry but i never blamed the goals were anything to do with the fullbacks. This is a conclusion I’ve come to after watching the last few games and looking at their general play. We have one fullback who is a c/half and struggles at times to contain some of the good wingers in this league. The other fullback is struggling to pass a ball to his man and gets caught out of position too much.
    Townfan82

Post by Townfan82 Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:46 am

Yet both players continue to play an important part in the teams success and no one complains when they are playing well and scoring/setting up goals and getting into positions that are positively effecting play. As is such in football people are just quick to criticise after a defeat. Easy pickings if you ask me!

If you never blamed the goals on either player why say it after today’s game...we all see different things I see midfielders who aren’t consistent and not strong enough in some games, I see wingers that should be banging crosses in every game Yet get knocked off the ball to easy and end up out of position or aren’t quite on the ball so to speak. Some of our strikers get swept aside by some of the powerhouse defenders in this league at times..I could go on..
    Just out of interest did you go to the game yesterday????

Last edited by Townfan82 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:08 am

Their equalising goal came down our left again so whilst not blaming the fullback he does need assistance from his team mates as the majority does seem to come from this source.

The 4-3-3 worked imo and was much better than when we tried it at Wrexham and we were unlucky not to get something from the game. But onwards and the next few games will really determine if we are to maintain our playoff push
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:00 pm

I give all the supporters who travelled down to Eastleigh immense praise/credit. You are the lifeblood of our emerging Football Club. We have to be so proud of the boys for their heroics the first half of the season. If we can maintain the consistency we have produced up to press, Harrogate Town (small town full of tea cups!) we are certainly going to be in the mix come the end of season, and everyone knows what can happen in the play-off Lottery. Believe, that’s we must do, starting with a win on Boxing Day v the mighty Halifax Town. Merry Xmas everyone,.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:00 pm

See our manager hinted at getting in a defender in his recent interview- interesting he must see we need to do something with our defence.
    Crossan

Post by Crossan Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:53 am

Simon said that we have conceded too many goals for a team that is in a play off position, you have to look at mid-table teams before you see anyone with a goals against similar to Gate.  We are I think still the leagues highest scorers so perhaps its our style of play, up to the manager to change that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm