Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
GARAGE
Townfan
Ozzi
WhiteRose11
8 posters

FACup Wrexham

GARAGE

FACup Wrexham  Empty FACup Wrexham

Post by GARAGE Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:38 pm

Not the best of games that really could have gone either way. Thought 1st half was decent but 2nd half lacked sparkle until the final few minutes when Beck looked as though he would win the game but his header went over the bar. Yet again we see the visiting keeper wasting many minutes all the game and we only get 4mins added time. Langmead was limping near the end of game so we might be struggling on Tuesday in the back 4.
    It’s going to be one hell of a performance on Tuesday to get a win but we live in hope.
    WhiteRose11

FACup Wrexham  Empty Re: FACup Wrexham

Post by WhiteRose11 Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:10 pm

How did we not win it?? So many chances not taken but largely down to their excellent keeper who was their MoM.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Thought we played well today, were the better team, created the most chances and, on another day, would have won. Wrexham are what they are, don't score many goals and don't concede many. Having watched them twice now I can see why, their only shot on target came in the 89th minute. Not a team I would pay money every week to watch. Not out of this at all, we have played better away from home all season and, because they won't be parking the bus at home (or do they play the same way at home) they will give us more opportunities and I can see us scoring - are they capable of scoring twice?
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Totally agree Townfan. I feel at there’s on Tuesday night, they may come out of there she’ll being at home, and on that pitch, should suit Town down to the ground. Don’t put us out of this anyone, I really fancy us to do what we did last season. Hope there’s a decent turnout from us, as the lads will need us. COYT
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 am

Are Wrexham that good?.........A few interesting facts.

They have only played 4 of the top 9 teams in the league.
    Won none, drawn 2, lost 2...nil goals scored.

In contrast, we have played everyone of the top 12 (except Salford)
    Won 5, drawn 4, lost 1....20 goals scored.

We are not out of this yet.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:04 pm

That’s a great post Townfan????. I’m sure our boys (not boyo’s) will defo be up for it.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 pm

Wasn’t surprised to be ???? on the post, don’t know how they appeared?
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:08 pm

Another load of supporters who claim we have an advantage playing on 3G.
    Don't  these people ever look at a league table, played 8 away, won 5 drawn 3, lost NONE.
    WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:45 pm

On their big pitch width is going to be vital. If we can get it out wide to Leesley and Thomson with their deliveries we can cause them major issues. Get it on the ground and play football if we carry on playing long ball like recently the more physical teams will get the better of us.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 pm

Good call Whiterose 120% agree. There pitch should be perfect for how we play. No long ball ‘please’
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:32 pm

Anybody been on their Official website? Found it funny before Saturday's game their preview found two wrong ways of spelling Wetherby Road. Their preview for Tuesday's game shows a third wrong spelling for Wetherby. Funny really when that is not the name of our ground anyway. I know they think we are a tin-pot little team but you would have thought they would have done their homework.
    Oh well let's hope we can get a result at The Carthorse Stadium tomorrow night????????????
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Now they think Weston Super Mare is in the North.
    You couldn't make it up!!
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:34 pm

Hahahahahaha :-). And it was always thought the Paddy’s were thick! Good old Taff’ys
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:46 pm

Think tonight’s cup draw could be adding a few hundred to tomorrow’s gate!
    They might have to open another side of their ground!!!!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:07 pm

Doubt it. Most of em are Manc fans so will be glued to their TV's.
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 pm

Att of 2515 tonight
    Thought it would be decent after cup draw
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 am

Half their average league attendance (4955).
    Wrexhamview

Post by Wrexhamview Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am

A view from the other side! Harrogate are undoubtedly a well drilled hard working side. They are not used to losing which is a credit to their last few seasons performances. However endless falling to the floor doesn’t work and the ref got fed up last night and stopped giving free kicks every 2 minutes.
    40 odd away fans for an fa cup tie was one of the poorest away followings i’ve Seen in 50 years. Your team deserves more.
    Having said that our support was pathetic compared to our league crowd that defy belief for what is on offer. Division 5 football.
    We have struggled against the top sides but we’re improving and are still missing manny smith who is a huge loss to us. Back in a few weeks hopefully.
    Our manager has built a new team in a summer so it is stopped WIP. Joint top and in the cup still isn’t a bad start.
    Maybe see you at the league game if not in the FL when you’ve won the playoffs. Ever the optimist!
    Over the 2 Games we may have just deserved to go through. Some of your posters quote that we don’t score many. Well we’ve played you 3 times in 3 weeks and you are yet to score!
    Like your ground but no seats for away fans is poor. Needs addressing before you get issues with fans mixing too much. Not sure the FL would be too keen.
    Good luck for the season.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Fair play you deserved the win last night, but nearly 2,000 Wrexham fans stopping @ home to watch Man United is
    Embarassed
    & sums up why you have spent such a long time in the National League!!!!!!!!!
    affraid
    And even those who were there never made much noise until after you scored the first goal!!!!
    scratch
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:58 pm

We are a small club on the up. We had crowds of just 500 five years ago, now averaging 1700. We have, and are in the near future, developing our ground. I am sick to death of failed Football League clubs' supporters coming out with statements like the above. You got through because we didn't take our chances on Saturday when you created nothing.
    Good luck in the Cup and in the play-offs because you will get nowhere near Orient or Sal£ord.
    l0ds

Post by l0ds Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:52 pm

Another Wrexham fan here. I come in peace (honest)

Been to all three games with your lot this season. Have to say I'm impressed by the team you have, Weaver's done a good job drilling them into a good unit. Especially impressed with what I saw from Belshaw, Falkingham and Muldoon.

Beck really should have won the FA Cup tie for you but didn't, although we had him on loan at one point and he didn't score for us so a lot of fans I know weren't shocked at him not scoring. I have to admit I never was a fan, either.

Regarding Tuesday's game, I do think we were the better side but you came to fight, and didn't make it easy for us. When you've got fans of ours saying an away tie to Harrogate is the hardest tie possibly you're doing something right.

Good luck for the rest of the season bar the last day of it where you come back to The Racecourse.
    HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Cheers for the hospitality. We had 23 supporters travel on the coach, which for a club of our size, is pretty decent at 3 days notice and having to leave before most finished work.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm