Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Which Turnstile?

BB

Which Turnstile?

Post by BB on Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:43 pm

Just to avoid confusion and frustration, and to ease spectator entrance for the Leyton Orient game (and all future games), could we have confirmation of which turnstile season ticket holders should use please?

Up to now I’ve been directed to 3 different turnstiles.

I’ve had my card scanned, been clicked through, and nodded through with no apparent count made of my attendance.

I’ve queued at the ‘Season Tickets’ turnstile whilst the adjacent queues reduce more quickly, to then realise that I’m stood behind people with electronic tickets or who are paying in cash.

I thought that one of the benefits of buying a season ticket was to have a designated turnstile for season ticket holders only… and presumed that the one with the sign saying ‘Season Tickets’ would be the one.

Thanks

BB

Re: Which Turnstile?

Post by BB on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:48 pm

Ooops!! Just seen the club website.
    Thanks
    My comment regarding which turnstile for future, unsegregated matches, still stands tho.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 am

Was surprised when the club designated a turnstile for season ticket holders, I may be wrong but I think we’re still 1 turnstile short of meeting ground criteria for this level, but I think you have upto 2 years to rectify the problem, it’s not normally a problem most games but some games can be a pain getting into when it’s busy, it always seemed to work well when we were let thru the club office, that might be the case Tuesday.

BB

Post by BB on Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:49 pm

Fair point TC, but I can’t see the club letting us through the office when there’s likely to be dozens of Wrexham fans milling about, sticking their heads through the door, being told to back out ‘cos it’s just for us.

They would have the same problem on any match day… with non season ticket holders, home or away supporters, following us in to be told to go and join the back of a queue.

Also, there isn’t any means of preventing someone just walking straight through the office, other than having a couple of stewards in there.

The solution would seem to be the stewards advising the people outside that the designated turnstile is just for season ticket holders… which I think is a pretty easy thing to do really, and that’s the answer if people ask why they’re in a long queue when there’s hardly anyone in the season ticket queue.

Because, to be fair, the club did say that there would be a designated turnstile, which was, bearing in mind the expected increase in attendances, a factor in my buying a season ticket in the first place.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Top Cat wrote:Was surprised when the club designated a turnstile for season ticket holders, I may be wrong but I think we’re still 1 turnstile short of meeting ground criteria for this level, but I think you have upto 2 years to rectify the problem, it’s not normally a problem most games but some games can be a pain getting into when it’s busy, it always seemed to work well when we were let thru the club office, that might be the case Tuesday.
    We are two turnstiles short. Has to be adressed by 31 March.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content