Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Leyton Orient

Big Lundy

Leyton Orient

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:07 pm

358 O’s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] @ The Shay yesterday!
    Although our home games have been non-segregated, it’s likely that Sutton United will have brought the largest away support to the CNG so far!!!!

I wonder how many Leyton Orient fans will make the trip up next Saturday.
    scratch

Ozzi

Re: Leyton Orient

Post by Ozzi on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:21 pm

You’ve got that wrong BigLund, it’s Orient in x2weeks time, away to Maidstone next week :-).

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:34 pm

You’re right!
    Laughing
    I think it will be the Wrexham home game which could see our 1st home segregated match of the season!

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:04 pm

I think Leyton will bring a fair support, I reckon between 250/350, so both that and Wrexham will be bumper crowds. Like you say though, probably segregate supporters v Wrexham who could bring 400+ maybe more. Onwards and upwards as they say. I pray we keep our unbelievable record going next week at Maidstone on their 3G pitch. Again im sure the Manager and his assistant will keep the lads fully 100% focused.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:29 pm

Wrexham took 1,501 supporters to Solihull Moors on Bank Holiday Monday!
    Could bring 2 or 3 hundred to the CNG for a night game!
    scratch

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Anyone know how ticket sales are progressing.

StuP

Post by StuP on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Any one need a ticket for tomorrow, can’t go so looking to sell my standing ticket for £10 it’s an email ticket so I can send it out if anyone wants itstanding tickets

Hi Does anyone want a standing ticket for tomorrow, can’t make it so will sell for £10 and I can email it to you

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Well beaten by the best side we have played this season. Beck had a real battle up front but his partner Knowles doesn’t seem to be able to get anywhere near his flicks and headers. The ref didn’t seem to be on our side most of the time. Good to see Falks back but Kerry didn’t have one of his decent games when we needed it.
    We made some good chances but no luck on our side. Wrexham on Tuesday is a real test now for us to see if can bounce back like we used to do last season. Finally i thought we didn’t seem to play much footy on the floor like we can and i hope this is rectified.

Crossan

Post by Crossan on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:49 pm

Agree with your comments Garage, Orient were very well organised and closed Gate down at every opportunity.  When Beck is playing we revert to long ball which is not our game.  One or two players had what can only be described as off days, Kerry was one and Kitchen a good young player got pulled out of position on a few occasions.  We missed the chances that fell our way and payed the price.
    We need to get that game out of our system as Wrexham will be another tough test on Tuesday.

Orient brought a big following, fair play to them, but why do we have to have the foul chanting throughout the game!!!!

This game was not segregated and I think Harrogate did not expect the numbers of away fans as they took over the main stand.  Why when the match was finished were fans not allowed to leave by the North Exit. Harrogate never seem to get this right and to my way of thinking home fans always come off second best when there is a big match.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:07 pm

Was there trouble in the 1919 @ half time?
    scratch
    Think “the plod” will have decided to let the Orient fans out first!
    This has happened in the past with some away fans @ the CNG!!!!!!!

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:14 pm

I had no trouble getting out North gate whatsoever after game

RayW

Post by RayW on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:38 am

Disappointing result though a 3 goal margin was flattering to Orient . I wish at 3 goals down Simon W had made thre subs rather than just one ; surely he could have mixed things and given guys on the bench eg Sutton a run out . It would have made the end of the game more interesting . Still let’s look forward to segregated Tuesday

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:32 am

Having had more time to reflect on yesterday’s performance and listening to Simon’s honest views i think our management team got their tactics wrong. Why did they continue to play big boot football up to Beck who was really struggling against their c/half’s and got no help from the ref. We needed to try something different playing the ball on the ground. Not saying we would have won but changing tactics when you’re original ones are not working seems simple enough to me instead of blaming the players.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:38 am

Just one of those days im afraid.. Ref I must say, was probably one of the worst ive witnessed at the CNG in a long time. I agree with a few comments all ready made, our tactics of launching long high balls, was a disaster, and not the way we play. This cut out our midfield and wingers to be fair. Probably Beckys hardest game he,ll encounter all season as there x2 center backs hardly lost a header all game. One other comment I agree with, young Kitch had a torrid time, but it dosent take away the fact, he is going to be a hell of a player considering hes still only 18/19. Get it out of your system Liam, and bounce back on Tuesday. We get a positive result against another high flyer Wrexham on Tuesday and yesterday will be just a blip. They, like us will be hurting, but they having to come over here, is an ideal opportunity to bounce back. Think think theyllbring a large support, so lets not let our lads down and get there in force. COYT.

Crossan

Post by Crossan on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Garage were you behind the goal at the North End if so you would have got our easily. I was in the main stand left of the touch line and saw no reason, as the match was not segregated, why I could not exit the North End. I was stopped by security and police, I can understand that they may not want the bulk of Leyton Fans to mix with the Harrogate fans, so why was the game not properly segregated. Some one got it wrong again, 400 Leyton fans were expected and I think there was probably twice that number.

Tuesday we have Wrexham, the game is being segregated so we know from the onset.

Wonder if Simon will make any changes, could be worth giving Williams a game, I did think he could have brought Kitchen off towards the end and put Parker on, not sure is he make that a change for Tuesday, I am a big fan of Kitchen but sometimes a young player needs a break.

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Agreed. I think it's time Williams got a full game. After all, he scored 33 times last season. Must be worth a try, surely.

By the way, there's a good Club Special article on Town in today's Non League Paper.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:01 pm

A friend was having a pint at halftime in the 1919, he wasn’t sure what instigated it, but he described it as similar to a scene from a Wild West film, imo a terrible descion not to segregate, and as mentioned above the club tend to get these things wrong time after time, 400/500 orient fans free to roam yesterday but last year 50 barrow fans were segregated into the side stand

Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm

A passing game is much more difficult against a quality side like Leyton Orient. When we tried to put a few passes together we generally either lost possession without making much progress or sent the ball back to Belshaw who had little alternative option to a long kick.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:57 am