Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Will Havant be our banana skin on Saturday?

RayW

Will Havant be our banana skin on Saturday?

Post by RayW on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:52 am

Town remain unbeaten and what a start , now top of the league and only 5/1 with the Bookies for promotion after being 20/1 at the start of the season . Seems we were underestimated . Great hard fought result last night at Gateshead and great to see Williams get the match clinching goal . The lads have been given Wednesday off and have a relatively easy match against Havant on Saturday to be able to stay top BUT - is this the banana skin? will we be disappointed with a draw or gutted to be beaten and lose our unbeaten record and fall down to around sixth place ?
    It’s games like these that are the banana skins - I hope Simon Weaver can keep the team hungry and motivated and deny Havant their day of grabbing an unexpected win .
    Every match is a test of character - Saturday is very important to keep the momentum going - I’ll be there . Mad

Last edited by RayW on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
    Townfan

Re: Will Havant be our banana skin on Saturday?

Post by Townfan on Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:18 pm

They don't train on Wednesday any week.
    Will Saturday be a banana skin

Havant a clue!

Sorry????

RayW

Post by RayW on Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Or will Havant be Harrogates Waterloo?

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:22 pm

Two of their players went off injured i believe on Wednesday so good news for us- we need to continue getting results when not at full strength which is usually a good sign of a good side-really looking forward to Saturday!!!!

RayW

Post by RayW on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:07 am

SkyBet odds :-
    Harrogate 10/11
    Draw 13/5
    Havant & Waterloo 11/4

RayW

Post by RayW on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:11 am

I think I’ll go for Harrogate to win but in a close game . 1-0 or 2-1
    Yes Harvant lost two to injury against Aldershot . But we are two key players down too . Strong squad though and gives others a chance to show what they can do .

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:48 am

I agree RawW, Saturday is definately one of those fixtures which could go ‘horribly wrong’. But, we have got to trust Simon + Paul 100% in making sure the lads go out with tunnel vision, as in all the previous x8 games. This team is remarkable, they are fit, focused, hungry, but mostly ‘gifted’ in every position. If they perform to the levels expected, I can see us winning, and I predict 2-0. Come on Harrogate, can’t wait.

RayW

Post by RayW on Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:28 am

Yes , I’m looking forward to it ! Should be a really good game .

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:54 pm

Where did that ref come from! He was shocking-
    We didn’t play particularly well but still managed to get the result we needed against a decent team who caused us plenty of problems. We set off sluggish in 1st half and only got going after half time when we quickened up our game- Agnew puts a good shift in but passing the ball forwards seems to give him a problem and gives it away too many times- Thought Kitching seemed to struggle at times today and Kerry was his usual self.
    Hope some of the 1709 crowd enjoyed their visit to Wetherby Road and support us more regularly- we have 3 really tough games coming up so need good support.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Agree with all that Garage. Great crowd today, wasn’t expecting 1700+, but expect at least an additional 1000 v L/Orient in a fortnight. Hoping we keep our unbeaten run going down at Maidenhead next Saturday as makes me very proud to be unbeaten at this stage of the season. Well done to Callum for winning the MOM award again. Him + Langmead, along with Warren and young Kitch are fast becoming a formidable back four. Long may it last’.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:37 pm

GARAGE wrote:Where did that ref come from! He was shocking-
    We didn’t play particularly well but still managed to get the result we needed against a decent team who caused us plenty of problems. We set off sluggish in 1st half and only got going after half time when we quickened up our game- Agnew puts a good shift in but passing the ball forwards seems to give him a problem and gives it away too many times- Thought Kitching seemed to struggle at times today and Kerry was his usual self.
    Hope some of the 1709 crowd enjoyed their visit to Wetherby Road and support us more regularly- we have 3 really tough games coming up so need good support.

Have to agree - all our problems come down our left, Kitching struggled but didn't get the support needed from Leesley either. Agnew slows up play too much which negates the runs of the forwards and wide players and ends up losing the ball.

Again we didn't play that well, however I think their formation caused us some issues particularly in the first half so we weren't allowed to play so credit to them. So keep winning and not playing that well is good - hope that Josh and Jack are back for L. Orient and Wrexham

RayW

Post by RayW on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:11 pm

Ozzi . Don’t go to Maidenhead on Saturday as were playing Maidstone !
    Good attendance for a rainy day probably helped by no Championship football in Inernational break .
    Bloody nervous after they got their 2nd gift goal as we lost our grip and I was expecting them to get a third .
    Very pleased when whistle was blown after 5 minutes of Fergie time . I thought when Williams came on for his brief runout that he looked quite classy .

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:30 am

Someone mentioned Leesley so i have to say something- I don’t think he’s fit because he’s certainly not the same player as last year- Hope he starts to improve because if he does we could go all the way and win this league- He seems to want to blame everyone else for his mistakes- I wasn’t going to talk about him this week but I’ve got it off my chest now!

RayW

Post by RayW on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:46 am

I have to say that I was going to post something similar last night - Leesley needs to improve . In a recent interview he said he was still recovering from injury but I think he needs to be on the bench ( or even out on loan ) and not recover whilst playing full matches for Town . He is currently an under performer in what is a very strong side.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:16 am

The good thing about him yesterday i think he had 2 assists for 2 of our goals

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am

2 assists & not fully fit!!!
    bounce Laughing

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:58 pm

I'd rest him for a couple of matches, put Muldoon out wide and give Williams a couple of starts. I think he can be a really great player for us.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:31 am

Regards Azza Williams, what a difference in him with the confidence of getting the winning goal at Gateshead. He did look very sharpe, and was eager for the ball. Looked really really good when introduced. You may be right there A1drifter. If Joe isn’t 100% fully fit, do as you stated, Jack M’ out wide, with Azza again partnering Dom up front.

RayW

Post by RayW on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Yes , it’s time to give Williams a start , he did look good against Harvant - seemed to freshen things up ?
    Will Maidstone be our banana skin ? We might win away but I think I’ll settle for a draw and continuing the impressive unbeaten run

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Harry Wheeler named as new Manager @ Maidstone United!
    Did a job on us last season with Billericay Town!
    Shocked

RayW

Post by RayW on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:38 pm

New managers can give a team a short term boost . Banana skin might be taken to Maidstone on the team coach ! But we have a good confident squad and despite no Josh or Jack , fingers crossed !

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:49 pm

It won’t be easy, but I’d expect us to get at least a point which would set up the following x2 fixtures very nicely. Get yer tickets for both quickly as I suspect we will have our two highest attendances of the season. Upwards + onwards Town

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:20 pm