Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Sutton United at home

Ironworks

Sutton United at home

Post by Ironworks on Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:31 pm

Just a few days to go for one of the biggest games in the clubs history.
    What are you views of the coming game and season?

Big Lundy

Re: Sutton United at home

Post by Big Lundy on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:36 pm

It looks a tough start fixture wise!!
    Sutton have a 3G pitch so there will be no advantage for us in that respect!
    A lot of points @ stake during the first 2 months of the season!!!!
    scratch
    So will need to try & acclimatise ourselves quickly to the new level!!!!!!
    This season will be a BIG challenge on & off the field for the club & its supporters!
    But you need challenges if you want to better yourself!
    bounce
    No point coming up, having a look round for a bit & then going back down again!
    Local sides around the area have found it very difficult to stop in the National League!
    Shocked
    So the first thing you need to do is to try & sustain yourself @ this level without getting yourself in the S#^T!!!!!!!
    pale

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Yes, really tough start. I’m not trying to negative but a point against one of the Title favourites would be a great result. I’m hoping we accumulate at least x9 maybe x10 from our first x6 fixtures, then build from there. If we can get a full strength squad available (remember we’ve only x19/20) to pick from, we have a decent/good chance of holding our own I suspect. Weather for Saturday looking very warm, I’d say this will help us as we are a young side, but they are an established/resolute team. Been there done it etc etc. Can’t wait, hoping for a bumper crowd, hopefully 2000+. Good luck lads, we’re all behind you.
    kpgduras

Why is squad so small?

Post by kpgduras on Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 am

Ozzi wrote:...If we can get a full strength squad available (remember we’ve only x19/20) to pick from....

Why do we have a small squad?  Is it lack of money, no-one wants to come to Harrogate or what?

Ironworks

Post by Ironworks on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Game preview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:54 pm

Thought both teams are happy to get a point because it could have gone either way. If we had taken our chances i think we could have won comfortably but Sutton were giving us plenty of problems at the back.  Thought Burrell was muscled out of many a challenge and played better when moved to right back. We seemed to not play our usual way and pumped far too many balls up front where Knowles tends to make only token gestures to head the ball. Jack in midfield seemed to struggle to get into the game and Falks only just better. My MOM was Kitchen at left back.
    Howe is a good defensive header of the ball but no idea when given a chance to score and tends to boot the ball upfield giving possession away far too often. Finally Leesley ( I believe )seems to have forgotten that he’s not supposed to handle the ball when in his own area.
    The consolation is that Salford only got a point!

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:19 pm

I agree with your all your summary, Garage ... especially re Knowles ie we need someone to react more spontaneously when receiving the ball when there's something 'on' and to keep our possession when there's not - lets hope he can develop into being that person !?

Crossan

Sutton United at Home

Post by Crossan on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:58 pm

Spot on Garage with your comments.

We missed two good chances early doors and then the inevitable happened with Suttons goal.  They were a physical team and I thought  the ref let a lot go.  I thought we may get turned over second half but credit to the team for the display they put in.

I thought Jack and Jos struggled to get into the game partly due to the number of long balls coming out of defense.  What happened to playing the ball out of defense as we did last season.

I thought young Kitching  had a great game, he was my man of the match.

Do not understand why we took Muldoon off, unless he was carrying an injury, he was one of our better players.

Well a long season ahead and we will come up against many big physical teams, this may be our problem as we are short of players of this type.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:44 am

Langmead looks like he really enjoyed his goal yesterday looking at the match day gallery

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Don’t know what game some of you were watching yesterday, but Falky was tremendous. Fantastic captains display, with never say die attitude. Keep it up Falks. Just letting you who thought he didn’t get into the game, just check out the non leaguer where he rightly is picked in the Team of the day. Period.

Ironworks

Post by Ironworks on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Post match interview with Sutton manager Paul Doswell .
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:15 pm

Ozzi wrote:Don’t know what game some of you were watching yesterday, but Falky was tremendous. Fantastic captains display, with never say die attitude. Keep it up Falks. Just letting you who thought he didn’t get into the game, just check out the non leaguer where he rightly is picked in the Team of the day.  Period.

Not wishing to start an argument but do you honestly take those non league markings to be spot on- loads of times in the past I’ve wondered how on earth they arive at some of the marks

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:06 pm

Still think you must of been at a different game. No argument, move on, Hartlepool here we come :-).

Crossan

Sutton United at Home

Post by Crossan on Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:54 pm

Well all about opinions!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:51 am