Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Ticket Debacle

Mr Apples

Ticket Debacle

Post by Mr Apples on Thu May 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Why couldn't these have been sold after the game on Sunday! No information on-line on site on Monday morning either. Away on business on Tuesday, and they're all bloody gone when I get back. Now, forgive me, but, having turned up every game to watch, and with an average gate of 1,000 and only 400 to Brackley, who have 2,500 tickets gone to? Know I am not the only regular who has been left ticketless, and selling them in the fashion they did, says a great deal about how much they care for regular supporters - not! Vouchers or programme stubs at the Curzon game might have been an idea, but no. That was how we used to get cup final tickets.

Anybody has a spare, I would be eternally grateful - and probably not the only one, saying that.

HTAFC Away Travel

Re: Ticket Debacle

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Fri May 11, 2018 12:21 am

Mr Apples wrote:Why couldn't these have been sold after the game on Sunday! No information on-line on site on Monday morning either. Away on business on Tuesday, and they're all bloody gone when I get back. Now, forgive me, but, having turned up every game to watch, and with an average gate of 1,000 and only 400 to Brackley, who have 2,500 tickets gone to? Know I am not the only regular who has been left ticketless, and selling them in the fashion they did, says a great deal about how much they care for regular supporters - not! Vouchers or programme stubs at the Curzon game might have been an idea, but no. That was how we used to get cup final tickets.

Anybody has a spare, I would be eternally grateful - and probably not the only one, saying that.

As it's a playoff final, the ticketing arrangements need to be agreed by the opposition club. Given it was a Bank Holiday weekend, I thought the club did well to have confirmed the information by Monday afternoon. This is the reason why tickets could not be sold on Sunday or Monday morning.

Each season ticket holder has two tickets reserved. I would be very surprised if all of these were taken. Additionally, Brackley have been given 450 tickets I believe of which any unsold tickets will be returned to Town. My understanding is that any remaining tickets will go on general sale at 10am Saturday morning from the office. This will be on a first come first served basis.

I would suggest keeping an eye on the clubs' Facebook and Twitter as arrangements will be confirmed through here.

Jordan

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Fri May 11, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks for that, Jordan. It does not assist, that online booking refuses to function since I changed my bank card! But all of this is, perhaps, not the salient point: where did 2,500 tickets go in half a day or so, leaving many regulars feeling that they've had a raw deal. Incidentally old buffers like myself, even though some of us do a full days work, don't do bloody fleecebook of the twater - we use telephones or buy in person - and I've met old buffers who've been following Town for decades.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Fri May 11, 2018 1:29 am

Mr Apples wrote:Thanks for that, Jordan. It does not assist, that online booking refuses to function since I changed my bank card! But all of this is, perhaps, not the salient point: where did  2,500 tickets go in half a day or so, leaving many regulars feeling that they've had a raw deal. Incidentally old buffers like myself, even though some of us do a full days work, don't do bloody fleecebook of the twater - we use telephones or  buy in person - and I've met old buffers who've been following Town for decades.

If you live locally it may be worth going to the office at 10am Saturday morning as I would be very surprised if there weren't any left.

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Fri May 11, 2018 1:34 am

Fingers crossed! Me and scores of others, no doubt. But you take my point. This could all have been done a great deal fairer.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Fri May 11, 2018 3:49 am

Capacity is 2800 at the moment, not 3800 (H&S issue).

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Fri May 11, 2018 3:54 am

Brackley only taken 450 tickets, and haven't shifted all of those. Actually the club, fair do's to them, have been tremendously helpful and sympathetic, and hopefully all the regulars will be accommodated, so I take it all back!

BB

Post by BB on Fri May 11, 2018 5:46 pm

I also nearly missed out because I was going to get a ticket on the way home from work on Tuesday, but I called a friend who luckily was able to go to the ground and get one of the last tickets, at 11.15 a.m., they were told there were only 9 left.

I note that a number of my/our comments/queries were addressed prior to the tickets going on sale but… just a few more:

I‘m not sure what, apart from whether the match is to be segregated, the opposing team would have to agree to that would affect the sale of tickets.

Even then, the club will know how many tickets they will have for sale in either situation, and I can’t see why they couldn’t have said, prior to the semi, that tickets for the final, if we are successful, would be on sale from 10.00 a.m. on Tuesday. By that time they would know how many seated/standing will have been allocated to the opposition.

Were tickets available on line before 10.00 a.m.? I know the office was busy, but to sell 2300 in less than an hour and a half seems optimistic for our computer system.

Were people limited on how many tickets they could buy?... If not, I think that needs to be addressed in future.

As does a method of trying to ensure that regular supporters have the best chance of obtaining a ticket. I include, in this, the regular supporters who have been coming for 10 months, as well as those who have been coming for 10+ years.

It would be interesting to know how many tickets were sold on line. Especially as the club are pushing that method.

The people who went to the office, and many others, don’t want to buy tickets on line… otherwise they wouldn’t have been in the office, or left disappointed at being ticketless.

I believe that season ticket holders had 2 standing tickets reserved for them… how does that work if they always sit down… did they lose that option?

The club need to be mindful that there are a good number of supporters who don’t do ‘twatFace’, and we get our news from the website, Radio York, or this forum, and not necessarily all three, so please bear this in mind.

As ever, I only mean my comments to be constructive, apart from the odd sarky one that slips through, and apologise if I come across as overly critical.

I really do appreciate and acknowledge all that the club and staff have done for Harrogate Town, and don’t like to think where we would be had Irving not stepped in.

So, no matter what happens on Sunday, we’re in for another exciting year next season, and I get tingles in my old bones just thinking of the noise we could be making at 5.00 o’clock.

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Fri May 11, 2018 8:16 pm

And if it is delirium at 5, fingers crossed, just goes to show, how much the redeveloped ground will be urgently needed, as well as a little midnight oil on financial planning. Much better supported than Forrest Green at this stage. The town could readily sustain a 5,000 crowd in League 2, given the state of York City and dare one say Bratfud Pity. Just dreaming!

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 pm

BB wrote:
    Were tickets available on line before 10.00 a.m.? I know the office was busy, but to sell 2300 in less than an hour and a half seems optimistic for our computer system.

Tickets went on sale around 13:00 on Monday I think and sold out about 24 hours later.

BB

Post by BB on Fri May 11, 2018 10:22 pm

Whoa!!!! …Are you saying that tickets were available on-line a day before they went on sale in the office?

And, therefore, there was a real chance that supporters could have turned up at the office on Tuesday and there would be no tickets left for sale?

Or, were a certain number kept back for sale in the office?

Also, I’ve read on here that any spare tickets will be on sale in the office tomorrow at 10.00, but I can’t find anything about that on the website.

I really can’t see what’s preventing someone ‘in the know’ explaining how things are planned, and addressing our comments…

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Fri May 11, 2018 10:31 pm

BB wrote:Whoa!!!! …Are you saying that tickets were available on-line a day before they went on sale in the office?

And, therefore, there was a real chance that supporters could have turned up at the office on Tuesday and there would be no tickets left for sale?

Or, were a certain number kept back for sale in the office?

Also, I’ve read on here that any spare tickets will be on sale in the office tomorrow at 10.00, but I can’t find anything about that on the website.

I really can’t see what’s preventing someone ‘in the know’ explaining how things are planned, and addressing our comments…

There's no one in the know who comes on this forum. I am just going off what I have read on the Facebook group. I only do the travel and that is for the supporters club.

My understanding is that there will be an announcement this evening about remaining tickets and numbers etc. Ged suggested on the Radio York interview that there were tickets left however ST holders have until 6pm to buy theirs. Also Brackley fans have up until 5 pm.

Any remaining tickets will be sold from the office from 10am tomorrow.

Jordan

TheNeil30

Post by TheNeil30 on Sat May 12, 2018 4:15 am

Tickets will be available from the office tomorrow from 10am on a first come first served basis.

BB

Post by BB on Sat May 12, 2018 4:33 am

Thanks Jordan,

I guess we’d be even more in the dark if it wasn’t for the likes of you.

I see that the website now confirms that spare tickets will be on sale tomorrow, but again it is missing a bit of obvious information which will be on the minds of everyone going to buy a ticket…. ‘Can I buy more than one?’!!

Mr Apples could I ask what happened for you to change your comments from..

‘….Know I am not the only regular who has been left ticketless, and selling them in the fashion they did, says a great deal about how much they care for regular supporters - not! .’

And

‘.... But all of this is, perhaps, not the salient point: where did 2,500 tickets go in half a day or so, leaving many regulars feeling that they've had a raw deal. Incidentally old buffers like myself, even though some of us do a full days work, don't do bloody fleecebook of the twater    …..’

To

‘…..  Actually the club, fair do's to them, have been tremendously helpful and sympathetic, and hopefully all the regulars will be accommodated, so I take it all back!    …..’

In the space of a few hours?

What had the club done to be more helpful and sympathetic?

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Sat May 12, 2018 5:05 am

Sorry - can't take the credit for that. Was just about to post confirming that the club had posted saying that some tickets will be on sale tomorrow. Sounds as though Brackley have returned some too which can be offered to Town fans.

There is nothing to suggest that the tickets are limited to one per person so you should be ok to get several if needed.

From the comments I have seen, the club have been accommodating and keeping fans update on Twitter/Facebook. I acknowledge your comments that not everyone has access to these. Sure it's all a learning curve. There's some good people involved with the off field stuff and I'm sure if you provided feedback to the club, they'd take it on board.

Jordan

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Sat May 12, 2018 5:55 am

Hi BB. Wish I hadn't kicked this off! When I visited the office this afternoon, the guy I conversed with exclaimed that the response to sales had taken everyone in the club by surprise. We are on new ground here, which no one expected us to be treading. Few are aware of the momentum the club has at present - a mate in that neck of the woods likened it to FGR a few seasons back - a momentum which will be sustained, if we can seal it on Sunday. Let us hope the new fans stay with us. If so ground improvements are urgently needed, and I am told were set back by a few local residents (who purchased property in the vicinity full well knowing there was a football ground nearby - my views, not the clubs!). Back to the tickets, and the present, they could not be put on sale until Brackley had put in their allocation, or we could have oversold. I am told there will be returns and unsold tickets from the season ticket allocation. This wouldn't be a problem if the H&S twats hadn't restricted attendance. I was there at the York 'sell out' and there was plenty of room!

I am sure 'lessons will be learned' as the cliché goes. There will be tickets at 10.00, and, if any regular is out of ticket it would help if anyone who has a spare left a message and telephone number on here, saying it was available at face value, if someone is ill/ can't go - we used to do that on CFCUK site (yes, my other team is the Chelsea), even gave them away to fellow supporters, before the powers that be put the knackers on it. Come on guys, all together now...

Much of this is down to the sub-contractors who run online tickets. It is, like all IT projects, a little fucked - I haven't been able to buy online since I changed bank cards! They need a kick in the....
    Sympathetic! I patiently explained my plight in this regard, and have a ticket.

Hope everyone gets accommodated. If not, can I suggest you stand outside the ground and shout 'ticket to spare?', and that those with a spare take a few moments to stand outside the ground and shout 'spare ticket here' and if you don't sell them, no law is broken (a lawyer writes). I have done that and blagged for nowt into some unbelievable Chelsea away games. Come on, Harrogate fans, show the same community as the Chelsea! (and if Leeds are your other team, my genuine commiserations that hostilities shall not be resumed next season, so let me off!).

BB

Post by BB on Sat May 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Ok, I know I can bang on a bit, so I’ll try to let it go.

It’s just frustrating when we’re supposed to be a full time professional organisation and we keep making, what seems to me, simple, avoidable, planning and COMMUNICATION mistakes.

I was going to drive past to see how big the queue was to buy tickets, but didn't get chance.. any feedback?

Anyway, ‘nuff said. Move on and enjoy the build up to a fantastic afternoon tomorrow.

Thanks and all the best to all Town staff and players.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Sat May 12, 2018 10:39 pm

Last few tickets remaining from office.

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Sun May 13, 2018 3:55 am

As previously mentioned, I'm not directly associated with the club, however I've been asked to pass on some information regarding the sale of tickets.

The club are fully aware not everyone is online and kept back 35% of tickets to sell in the office on Tuesday which went by 2pm

Remaining tickets were on sale, from the office between 10am and 3pm today.

Jordan

yorkblade

Tickets.

Post by yorkblade on Sun May 13, 2018 8:07 am

I know late and last chance. But any ticket only want one?

BB

Post by BB on Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Thanks Jordan… and thanks to the club for passing on the information.

That’s exactly to kind of stuff I’ve been talking about.

Why couldn’t we have been told that beforehand?

If Id known that only appros 120 seated and 700 standing tickets would be on sale from 10.00a.m. on Tuesday, with the remainder reserved for Brackley or on –line sales(which had been available from the previous day), I wouldn’t have planned on dawdling along on Tuesday evening in the belief that I’d have access to what’s left of 2300.

How did it work when all the office tickets had been sold but they were still available on line, or vice versa?

Anyway, …again, many thanks for the info.

BornOnShorehamStreet

Post by BornOnShorehamStreet on Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 am

BB wrote:

As does a method of trying to ensure that regular supporters have the best chance of obtaining a ticket. I include, in this, the regular supporters who have been coming for 10 months, as well as those who have been coming for 10+ years.

Hi there

New supporter here having just purchased a seating season ticket.

My first love is Sheffield United but as I am 68 this month and currently live in North Leeds, trips down to Sheffield are inevitably going to become fewer and fewer and for some time I have been considering adopting a local club as a second team with a possible medium term likelihood of becoming a full time fan. I first came to Leeds in 1969 and have never returned home to Sheffield permanently.

Anyway, I digress.

At the Lane, we have a loyalty point system which accommodates this very point. We get 2,700 points for a season ticket and then either 50, 100, or 150 loyalty points for away matches depending on distance to travel, day the game is played and tickets available.

It works fantastically well for 99% of the time.

Perhaps Town could start to adopt such a system?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:07 pm