Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Playoff final

Top Cat

Playoff final

Post by Top Cat on Sun May 06, 2018 9:43 pm

Am I wrong  townfan or is the playoff final at the home of the highest rank team in the playoffs should they get there? Just you took great pleasure in telling me otherwise earlier in the season! Make sure our plastic grass is top notch next weekend please know it all. Xxx

GARAGE

Re: Playoff final

Post by GARAGE on Mon May 07, 2018 6:28 am

The playoff final is at the home of the highest placed team but the league management have the final decision if they want to change it to a neutral venue. Think they would only move it if towns opponents had a really big following but Brackley hardly fill that criteria!  Don’t think they will take their full allocation of 500 /700 because that’s bigger than their normal gate.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Mon May 07, 2018 5:53 pm

Top Cat wrote:Am I wrong  townfan or is the playoff final at the home of the highest rank team in the playoffs should they get there? Just you took great pleasure in telling me otherwise earlier in the season! Make sure our plastic grass is top notch next weekend please know it all. Xxx
    Slightly puzzled by this!!!!

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Tue May 08, 2018 4:33 pm

Vanarama National League North Best attack 2017/18
    V
    Vanarama National League North Best defence 2017/18

A Vanarama National League place for 2018/19 awaits the winners!!!!!
    bounce

A shame the CNG Stadium’s capacity has been temporarily reduced!
    Sad
    Had 3,800 in years ago for a Leeds United friendly, but health & safety rules will have been tightened up since then!
    scratch

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Tue May 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Is the match now segregated?
    If not could any unsold Brackley Town tickets sent back be put up for general sale before the game?
    scratch
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Wed May 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Townfan wrote:
    Top Cat wrote:Am I wrong  townfan or is the playoff final at the home of the highest rank team in the playoffs should they get there? Just you took great pleasure in telling me otherwise earlier in the season! Make sure our plastic grass is top notch next weekend please know it all. Xxx
    Slightly puzzled by this!!!!
    ???

iand1957

Post by iand1957 on Thu May 10, 2018 6:13 am

I think you were right all along Top Cat...
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Thu May 10, 2018 6:42 pm

iand1957 wrote:I think you were right all along Top Cat...
    Still puzzled.
    I take it that one of you can show me where I have said anything other than what Garage stated above.

iand1957

Post by iand1957 on Thu May 10, 2018 7:26 pm

I'm assuming it has to do with this

"Play off quarter finals ..4th. v 7th and 5th v 6th.
    Play off semi finals...2nd v 5th/6th and 3rd v 4th/7th
    Promotion Final will be at a neutral ground unless the League decide otherwise.
    All games are one-off matches with extra time and penalties if required."

"Please read my link to the official National League Handbook.
    I am right."

"Not correct TC.
    It's as I laid out above."

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Fri May 11, 2018 8:38 pm

“Town coffers set for bumper play-off boost”
    scratch
    All the profits after cost from this game go to the Football Conference!
    Shocked

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm

Looks like both clubs will still be selling some tickets still on Saturday morning!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No segregation & access for everyone to the 1919!

Do we get to keep any revenue from the Bar?
    scratch

HTAFC Away Travel

Post by HTAFC Away Travel on Fri May 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Yes - it's just the gate receipts which are halved minus the expenses for hosting the game.

Jordan

Jack Hermit

Post by Jack Hermit on Sun May 13, 2018 9:11 am

With Irving Weaver being worth over £100M and in the Times Rich list , I don’t think today’s match crowd is important in “ swelling the coffers” But promotion to the National League would be very important . If Brackley win the match then I reckon they wouldn’t survive next season .
    It will be a great game though I only give Town a 50/50 chance as they seem to buckle when the heat is on .

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sun May 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Cagey afair at the start but developed into a very good game with plenty of incidents. The only downside for me was that i thought the ref was too finicky and cannot remember anyone getting booked. Congratulations to the team on a fully deserved win against tough opposition. Difficult to pick a MOM but i would have picked Parker or Emmett. Hope the injured players are okay especially Wright who who took a nasty blow to the head i think.
    Think I’ll get the map out and see what games I’ll be seeing next season. Wonder who we’ll be getting over Christmas? Don’t fancy Gateshead would prefer Halifax.

Last edited by GARAGE on Sun May 13, 2018 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jack Hermit

Post by Jack Hermit on Sun May 13, 2018 6:36 pm

Beck is OK , but not sure about Wright’s head injury .
    Quite historical day ; maybe the last in my lifetime that they are in the national league North - never to return .

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sun May 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Every member of the team played well today. There was a collective will to win not present in some other games this season - we were at our best.
    Motm comments can't forget Burrell and, falky who, as usual set a superb example today. If we had 11 men with his skill,endeavour and guts, who consistently showed these qualities we'd be sailing up the leagues aimvho! Good reflex save from Belshaw as well stopped them getting back into the game when we were only 1-0 up.

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sun May 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Magnificent Town - history has been made and justice has been done. All our players were heroes today and we must also congratulate Simon and his team for all their hard work throughout the season.

Fair play to Brackley - a talented side - and well done to them for sportingly staying on the pitch despite their disappointment and for applauding our team as they received their medals. Good luck to them at Wembley in the F A Trophy final.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Mon May 14, 2018 11:59 am

Unbeleivable achievement by our lads yesterday. Up until we scored the 3rd to kill them off, was as expected a very tense affair. Again some brilliant performances. Burrell my MOM. Not one of the team let us down against a well drilled side. Good luck to them in the FA Trophy, would love them to win that, with the season they’ve had, they deserve it. One final note. I hope both our lads Becky + Wrighty are ok. Anyone heard anything?

7eric7

Post by 7eric7 on Mon May 14, 2018 4:16 pm

Congratulations on promotion from an Harrogate based FC fan, enjoyed yesterday a full house in an unsegregated ground in the sunshine, what was there not to enjoy.
    I thought Burrel was outstanding yesterday and easily man of the match, he should be playing league football.
    Even though its a great away for me I'll be glad to see the back of you after our last two visits, good luck next season I'll probably get to a game or two if I'm not at FC.

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Mon May 14, 2018 5:32 pm

GET IN!
    bounce
    For 14 years we have been singing “we’re on our way, we’re on our way, to the National, we’re on our way.......”

& now finally we are!!!!
    Shocked

Still hasn’t sunk in yet!
    scratch Surprised Laughing

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 pm

Congratulations to Brackley for their victory in the F A Trophy final today (against a team we will be playing next season).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:22 am