Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

All together now...

Mr Apples

All together now...

Post by Mr Apples on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:08 pm

you know the old song, "... one wheel on my wagon but we keep going on..." or some such. Now, I just knew how today would work out, that Boston would give us a chance and, blow it as we usually do, which is why I couldn't bear to go. Deja vu, the last play offs. Dwindling form, and a lack of metal - dare one suggest character (with the usual exceptions), the goals drying up, defence about as tight as a string vest, the tapped up player who suddenly looses form, wants away to promoted opposition, a ground swell of pessimism. Which is just as well, judging by the last 3 performances, we'd excel about as well as Hyde United in the national league. NGE, lads! No

GARAGE

Re: All together now...

Post by GARAGE on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:46 pm

Looks like Leesley rested or injured after being poor for a while. Then the management started to tinker with the team. Another goal from a set piece! The usual failings from the defence.
    Cannot understand how Beck was dropped for this game after he’d been playing okay lately and Knowles played when he’s so ineffectual never looking like being near a header.
    Surely Kennedy should be in the middle at the back. Things are not looking good for the playoffs unless we can regain our sparkle. Again today we saw a lot of ball in the air which suits Park Avenue far more than us. Cannot guess what team will be put out next Saturday but if we are not careful we really are going to cock things up. Brackley creep nearer and nearer to 2nd place

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:23 am

Need Chorley to do us a favour on Wednesday to allow us to be able to relax and regroup ready for the next couple of cup finals

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:57 am

A bit of overtime for “Psycho Phil” this week after our last 2 results & performances!!!
    Shocked
    Ainge available for the play-offs?
    scratch

Mr Apples

Post by Mr Apples on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:07 pm

Ainge? Let us hope so. What possessed us to loan him out to Wrexham is beyond me! Anyone know the SP on that, and whether he's contractually available for play-offs? The very fact that none of our forwards figure in the Football Conference scorers chart, when our midfield have scored a net full, shows where our weakness always lay. Like I said, NGE lads!

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Team for next Sat v Curzen based on yesterday’s debacle. Belshaw, Fallowfield, Swain, Kennedy, Burrell (has struggled in my opinion since losing Terry as his partener), Falkingham, Thompson, Emmett, Beck(very unlucky to lose his place yesterday), Wright + Thewliss(another who is very unlucky at the moment. Always gives 120% when brought on). BENCH: Parker, McComb, Kerry, Agnew, Knowles, Leesley.
    kpgduras

Post by kpgduras on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:29 am

WhiteRose11 wrote:Need Chorley to do us a favour on Wednesday to allow us to be able to relax and regroup ready for the next couple of cup finals
    Thankyou Chorley - great result for Town cheers

Ozzi

Tez + Joe

Post by Ozzi on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Noted neither were on the bench yesterday. In my eyes 2 quality players. Anybody heard anything?

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:12 pm

That was meant to say Tez + Joe.

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:39 pm

Someone has just told me (maybe heresay!) that joe has just won the nln player of the season! Sorry if im wrong but if im right i'm flabbergasted! How do they work that one out?

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:41 pm

I should also temper my comment with ... Well done joe someone probably has better footballing eyes than i !

Big Lundy

Post by Big Lundy on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:20 pm

Pretty easy to work that one out really!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Congratulations Joe!
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 20, 2018 11:03 am