Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Gainsborough at home

GARAGE

Gainsborough at home

Post by GARAGE on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:48 am

After last nights results Salford have given us another chance to win the league. We cannot hope to get anymore help from them and need to get our act together on the pitch starting on Saturday. Certain of our players need to perform to a higher level and get involved more. The defence and forwards are not at the races and Simon needs to get them sorted quick because we’ve got some really difficult games coming up. Gainsborough on Saturday looks the easy game but i think we’ve struggled against them recently especially that 5-4 win away early in the season. I think Kennedy needs to play some part in the team now he’s fit to play especially when he was a candidate for player of the season not long ago. Up front Knowles  looks out of sorts- Beck had only one good game- Leesley for me only going through the motions.
    If we dont get our act together then i think we will finish only 3rd because Brackley are very very dangerous and we play them soon.

Top Cat

Re: Gainsborough at home

Post by Top Cat on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Be surprised if he changes anything up but with 4 games in a short space of time we need to use our squad in terms of fresh legs and to give others a kick up the arse, on Saturday if start with

Belshaw

Fallowfield
    Burrell
    Kitchen
    Parker

Thompson
    Falkingham
    Emmett
    Thewliss

Knowles
    Wright

Swain I presume is injured after Saturday so Parker comes back in, our only proper recognised right back is fully fit so he comes in, Burrell to partner kitchen, kitchen over Kennedy as he’s been our best defender in the last month, and where ever he plays Burrell is our 7.5 our of 10 every week, thewliss deserves a start he’s done nothing wrong all season and can play as a wideman this will hopefully give JL a kick up the arse he’s been needing recently, knowles is our most natural forward and one who can create a goal from nothing and I’m a big fan of wright he’ll put himself about and will cause problems all day long with his relentless attitude and hassling.

Just my thoughts but I’m not sis to manage the side and I don’t see what the players are like say to day in training, by the time the Blyth game is over we’ll know for sure if it’s automatic or playoffs.

Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike on Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Considering that we have scored far more goals than any other team in the league and scored in every league match (possibly a club record?) it is strange that we haven't really had a regular and reliable goalscorer all season. When 82 goals have been scored you would normally expect one player to be on 25 to 30 instead of Leesley's relatively modest 14 - and he isn't an out and out striker. Maybe other clubs are similarly placed as there certainly doesn't seem to be a Danny Rowe anywhere in our league this season. I haven't checked all the remaining fixtures but with 4 matches still to play against sides in the top 7 I suspect we have a harder run in than Salford or Brackley so a big performance on Saturday is essential.

GARAGE

Post by GARAGE on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:53 pm

Not at our best again but thought we deserved to win against dangerous opposition who did not give in the full 90 mins. Beck deserved his goal for his effort but Knowles seems to have lost something. We possibly need to thank Belshaw because he needed to be at his best pulling off some very good saves. Thought Falkingham had a slightly off day but he must be due one. Macombe had his best game since joining us. I spent most of the game keeping an eye on Salford game and left our game a little deflated after they must have produced one of the best comebacks ever after being 4-0 down with about 10 mins left. Tuesdays game v Spennymoor now looks like a cracker and i think we’ll have to be at our very best against a very good side. We’ll certainly have to play better than today.

A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter on Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:26 pm

Fully agree - Spennymoor will provide a stern test.

fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix on Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:56 pm

I still have reservations about the performance of our 3 'strikers'. Weaver seems loyal in the extreme to persist with Knowles (yes he did set up Emmett and Beck via Burrell) but apart from that was pretty ineffective imo and Leesley who is completely out of form and Beck (who admittedly showed some mobility for once to be in the right place for his goal.) who doesn't put himself about enough.
    When Thewliss and Wright were together for the last 15 minutes they did show some signs of complementing each other in attack and, imvho, should be given more game time to exploit thieir partnership.
    Townfan

Post by Townfan on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:31 pm

Last 8 games......won 7 drawn 1 lost 0 and you want to make changes???

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:48 pm

Good call Townfan. Results speak for themselves. How or would any Manager in there right minds change anything with a record like that. Tbf, we have a great bench, and is unfortunate for those who are sat on it, but if in position of the shirt, and doing the business, keep as is. THIS is the reason we are and have been all season in the position we are in. Well done Simon/Thir’s for keeping it as it should be. Continuity breeds success.

Dolf87

Post by Dolf87 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Knowles scores in every game he starts, hasn't scored in the previous 2 so that means that Weaver is been loyal to the extreme in keeping him in the starting line up?. . And you make this claim after he sets up both goals??
    A players performance is relative. Knowles playing average compared to his best means he is still 1st or 2nd choice striker.

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:45 pm

Townfan wrote:Last 8 games......won 7 drawn 1 lost 0 and you want to make changes???

Tonight’s performance against Spennymoor is a clear sign changes should of been made, we looked average against Tamworth and Gainsborough and got away with it to a extent, tonight we looked tired and very leggy with a few players looking very complacent JL the main guilty party imo, and we’re out worked and outfought by a part time team all be it a very good part time side, who had done there homework on us knew how we would line up and How to stop us playing the way we like to do to predictability of our lineup

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:01 pm