Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

Billericay away

GARAGE

Billericay away

Post by GARAGE on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:46 pm

This is an even bigger game than the home game with the decent home draw for the victors. Cannot really fancy us tomorrow with our recent track record on muddy pitches. We live in hope that Simon and his backroom staff can conjure up a minor miracle. Good luck to the team tomorrow.

Crossan

BillericayAway

Post by Crossan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:21 pm

Agree with your views, I think Billericay will play to their strengths hitting Cunnington the big striker and at every opportunity getting the big defender Swain forward for free kicks and corners.
    Dont know if Simon will make any changes, using Beck up front with his height may help.  I think Gate are the better football team but Billericay will be at us from the off.  I hope I am wrong but I think Gate could be on the loosing end by a few goals.

Ozzi

Re: Billericay away

Post by Ozzi on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:52 pm

God Crossan, nothing like being a doom merchant eh! It’s positive vibes the lads will want to hear/see. Remember they will look our forum up. I believe we can win this considering the great draw we have got. Incentive can drive you through the pain barrier, and if Simon/Thir’s can fire them up enough, I’m certain we can pull this off. Come on lads, make history.

Ozzi

Post by Ozzi on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:05 pm

Things not going well, 3-1 down now.. Sounds like we started really well, only to be hit with a goal against the run of play. Tough call now with only 1/2hour left. Come on boys, there’s still plenty of time.

WhiteRose11

Post by WhiteRose11 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 am

Just seen highlights we had the chances and played the better football they were cynical and ref was weak def penalty on Thomson

Crossan

Billericay Away

Post by Crossan on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Yeh White Rose I have also viewed the highlights and agree, actually over the two games we played the better football and created the most chances but we are lacking the killer punch.  We top the league in goals for so anyone looking at that in isolation would think that we have no problem scoring goals but in reality we should have scored many more.
    Simon Ainge  is not having the impact he had before his injury and Dom Knowles has not done for me apart from one or two games.
    In defence we struggle against teams with big strikers and are conceding too easily at times at the moment.
    I watched an interview with the Simon Weaver where he said we were not clinical in front of goal and letting in too many "sloppy" goals.  I see we have now signed a Central Defender from Chester, don't know the guy but it will be interesting to see how he performs.

We need a win tomorrow and I think the team will be up for this and come home with the points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:03 pm