Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harrogate Town Supporters Forum

This forum is not formally connected or associated with Harrogate Town AFC Limited

+4
Wetherby Mike
fulhamphoenix
Ozzi
GARAGE
8 posters

Billericay at home

GARAGE

Billericay at home  Empty Billericay at home

Post by GARAGE Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:05 pm

Big big game Sat. Think they are a very good side judged by their results and now top of their league. Hope we've seen them play and have a plan to win. We are within touching distance of Wembley so let's get behind the team.
    Ozzi

Billericay at home  Empty Re: Billericay at home

Post by Ozzi Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:28 pm

Yes Garage, tough looking fixture. But, we are on home soil, nope 4G :-), so this must be used to our advantage. What a buzz winning this game will give the players, and the fans tbf. Would almost be able to see the famous Arch if we are successful. Come on lads, make a bit of history and get us into the Quater Finals.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:51 pm

It looks like this will be much tougher than Telford.
    Bookies have Billericay favourites to win the match on our 3g on Saturday.
    The names don't mean anything to me, but I'm told they have ex-Liverpool left winger Jermaine Penant, ex-Spurs midfielder Jamie O'Hara and (probably ex-) NI International Kevin Foley in their team.
    Wetherby Mike

Post by Wetherby Mike Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:21 pm

Before I moved north 5 years ago and became a sulphurite I was a rarely missed a match supporter of Tooting and Mitcham. By one of life's little coincidences Billericay played at Tooting on Saturday and won 6-2. Not a huge surprise as Tooting are bottom of the league despite having won promotion as champions last season ( be careful what you wish for when chasing promotion?! ). Some comments on Billericay's performance by Tooting fans can be found on their 'BogEnd' forum. I spoke to a friend who was at the match. His main comments were that Billericay are ruthless when defenders make mistakes but their full backs might be vulnerable to pace and skill down the wings. If you saw the FA Cup replay on BT Sport Billericay dominated the early stages but once Leatherhead (from the same league) started to take the game to them they went on to win quite comfortably. If Harrogate have one of those games when they play to their full potential I fancy them to win, maybe 3-2.
    Top Cat

Post by Top Cat Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:33 pm

While it is a real important game for the club, looking at the bigger picture of trying to win the league I would like to see simon use our depth of squad maybe start Agnew or Kerry alongside Falkingham give jack a rest on the bench, get swain back into the side after his disasterous 1st half against salford, and start thewlis instead of knowles I know he’s been amazing since he’s come back but weve played a lot of games in a short space of time don’t want to over cook him before a important run in in the league,

Even with those changes I believe we have a strong enough side to get thru, with Knowles,Emmett,Beck,Agnew/Kerry on the bench if required.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:09 am

Don't agree. Salford will win the league, this is a great chance to get to Wembley. Play our strongest team.
    A1 drifter

Post by A1 drifter Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:39 pm

Their top scorer (Robinson) has netted an astonishing 42 goals already this season. Never mind - for a bit of light relief listen to Ian Dury's 'Billericay Dickie'.
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:53 am

Fractured his cheek bone on Tuesday.
    Ozzi

Post by Ozzi Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:42 pm

Oh dear. Not what youd want to hear, but a big boost for our defence as he must be some player to score an unbelievable 42 goals this season. Again, make it to our advantage. I'm hoping we get a really good crowd to urge our great team on.
    fulhamphoenix

Post by fulhamphoenix Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:14 am

That Robinson news has dramatically changed the bookies odds - which are now strongly in our favour !
    GARAGE

Post by GARAGE Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 pm

We gave the game away with 2 really crap goals. What a big side they are possibly the biggest we've met this season. We could have won it near the end but it looked like our shot hit the post and came out. What was our keeper doing with that 1st goal ?
    Thought it was a tense affair which never became a classic but always interesting. Two more superb goals from Leesley who is in the middle of a good run of games.
    Looked like Ainge was limping near the end so hope its not serious. Somehow i don't fancy us to win on Tues but you cannot tell with football. Finally i think they targetted Falkingham throughout the game but he still had a decent game.
    Crossan

Billericay at home  Empty FA Trophy

Post by Crossan Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Thought we were the better team and played the better football. Billericay had a huge central defender and huge striker who both scored. Agree our goalkeeper was at fault for the first goal but he saved us on more than one occasion. Apart from Leesley no one really threatened to score and Ainge in particular was poor, he is not the man he was before his injury.
    I cannot see us winning at Billericay, they will play to their strengths and be too strong for us!!
    Townfan
    Townfan

Post by Townfan Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Will be difficult now, their pitch, apparently is not great and will suit the way they play. Long ball side which plays to their strengths but, whilst ugly to watch, is effective.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:54 am